Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2002 4:18:47 PM EDT
I'm a naturally thin guy, so i have to really limit my cardio in order to keep my weight up and add muscle mass.

So I only run once a week. Lately I have been running stairs at the beach. I get to scope out all the bikini wearing hotties, and get a workout at the same time.

By the last leg I'm usually barely able to keep from passing out or throwing up, and my quads will be sore for a few days. But it doesnt make me shed pounds like "jogging" does, and it's just enough cardio to keep my 5K run times around 21mins.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're at the beach, why not go swimming?
If the surf's rough, then go to the pool.
Good low impact cardio workout, I think.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to jog then do so. However I would implement a jeg workout at the gym. Also if you are having trouble keeping weight, I heve read in several sources that guys like you(cant gain much weight) need more carbs than the ave. joe does to get the same effect. I am just the opposite. I will gain mussle like it is nothing, but I put on a pound of fat or two for each pound of muscle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top