Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/22/2002 4:18:47 PM EDT
I'm a naturally thin guy, so i have to really limit my cardio in order to keep my weight up and add muscle mass. So I only run once a week. Lately I have been running stairs at the beach. I get to scope out all the bikini wearing hotties, and get a workout at the same time. By the last leg I'm usually barely able to keep from passing out or throwing up, and my quads will be sore for a few days. But it doesnt make me shed pounds like "jogging" does, and it's just enough cardio to keep my 5K run times around 21mins.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:21:38 PM EDT
If you're at the beach, why not go swimming? If the surf's rough, then go to the pool. Good low impact cardio workout, I think.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:44:25 PM EDT
If you want to jog then do so. However I would implement a jeg workout at the gym. Also if you are having trouble keeping weight, I heve read in several sources that guys like you(cant gain much weight) need more carbs than the ave. joe does to get the same effect. I am just the opposite. I will gain mussle like it is nothing, but I put on a pound of fat or two for each pound of muscle.
Top Top