Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
been waiting a long time for the dinner pics.......

where's the " beef "......
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya mean "Where's the 'yote don't ya?"
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been raining now all weekend and now it's snowing - trust me, no one wants this to happen more than me! Stick with me guys, it's coming . . . .
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you cook it like pork...unless you like worms.
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#5]
This thing is gonna be charbroiled my friends.

Link Posted: 12/9/2007 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Charbroiled?  Hell, I'd burn it on purpose just so I could throw it away!
Link Posted: 12/12/2007 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I've ate alot of stuff over the years at Charity wild game dinners, never any Yote though.

I used to always cook groundhogs on the gas BBQ grill for my Dogs years ago.
Link Posted: 12/18/2007 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Any updates? Still alive?
Link Posted: 12/18/2007 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/18/2007 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm begining to think I'm gonna have to raise the

Link Posted: 12/18/2007 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/18/2007 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
It seems I read somewhere about the difference between highland and lowland grizzly meat.

Highland griz meat is NASTY because the bear will typically make a kill and return to the carrion over a period of days.

Lowland griz meat is better because the lowland bears typically eat fresh fish.

Any comments?

Bown Bears =shit.

Black bears work lke this.  A berry eating bear, with no fish present,  during spring, up in the mountains can taste good.  A fish eating bear tastes like shit.
 Another nice bear item.  Two friends of mine contracted trichinosis from dressing out a bear.
 Fun stuff.

Waiting patiently for the yote dinner pic.

Link Posted: 12/18/2007 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 12/18/2007 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Alright, alright - I killed a big male this last weekend and he was all "rutted up" if you know what I mean. This coming Monday I will be go out hunting and then New Year's weekend I have a big group coyote hunt - there has got to be a post freeze non-rutted out yote in there before the end of the year. I now it's been a long time, but work has kept me very tied up and so hunting has been minimal.

I promise you, I will eat a yote before the New Year dawns.
Link Posted: 12/18/2007 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#15]
maybe he tried it and died.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2007 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#16]
tag for stories of projectile vomit and ruined cooking utensils
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By Lakeguy:
I'm begining to think I'm gonna have to raise the

+1
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd eat the ass end out of a dead rhino if need be...

But there is better out there...
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I bet he settles for a "traditional" Christmas dinner instead of yote!

Whats this world coming to?

Link Posted: 12/25/2007 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#20]
just the smell alone i going to make him sick and then hes not going to want to even try it. When something smells like crap it usally tatse like crap.
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I started cutting out the backstrap of the big male I shot last weekend, and it stunk so bad I figured he was too "rutted out" to eat. That's why I'm on the hunt for a good female, I hear they don't smell so bad!
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#22]
TFL
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish that guy Zimmer on TV was an Arf.commer, he's ate everything that loose on both ends on his TV show,  Goes all over the worls eating things most people wouldn't hold in their bare hands. Be interesting to learn if he has eaten yotes, dogs, and whatever.

If you have eaten tacos and tamales off a street vender, you may have eaten dog, cat, rattlesnake, burro or a host of other "expendables".
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By cuate:
I wish that guy Zimmer on TV was an Arf.commer, he's ate everything that loose on both ends on his TV show,  Goes all over the worls eating things most people wouldn't hold in their bare hands. Be interesting to learn if he has eaten yotes, dogs, and whatever.

If you have eaten tacos and tamales off a street vender, you may have eaten dog, cat, rattlesnake, burro or a host of other "expendables".

I have eaten off the street vendors in the Phillipines. Loved what we called "monkey meat". It was supposed to be pork on a bamboo skewer but I have never seen pork that was red meat. It was most likely monkey or dog. Whatever it was it was tasty.
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By rizzo1318:
I started cutting out the backstrap of the big male I shot last weekend, and it stunk so bad I figured he was too "rutted out" to eat. That's why I'm on the hunt for a good female, I hear they don't smell so bad!

Dude! they ALL stink!! Why do you think we were so excited when you said you'd eat one? You might as well give it up now.   I hope you got some pics of your kill. You must know that this thread is worthless without pics.
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#26]
No Christmas coyote hunts?
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By river_rat:

Originally Posted By cuate:

I have eaten off the street vendors in the Phillipines. Loved what we called "monkey meat". It was supposed to be pork on a bamboo skewer but I have never seen pork that was red meat. It was most likely monkey or dog. Whatever it was it was tasty.

chances are that's pork coz' dog or monkey meat are more expensive..... the red comes from the food coloring and the brown sugar they put to make it more " attractive " to consumers just like their hotdogs which are red in color....

good thing u didn't try the " balut " or the fertilized duck eggs boiled and sold on the streets....you literally eat the embryo of the duck....reaaaaaal good.....
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By yzryl556:

good thing u didn't try the " balut " or the fertilized duck eggs boiled and sold on the streets....you literally eat the embryo of the duck....reaaaaaal good.....

I've had balut.  It doesn't taste that bad.  Kinda like bland chicken or duck.  It's mainly the thought of it and looking at it that makes people sick.
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#29]
No Christmas hunts . . .

But this weekend I am going on an all day hunt with 3 other predator hunters, so we're bound to get a female in the group.

Then . . . . my long awaited . . . . dinner pics!
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Rizzo, I got think'n about how nasty it maybe, and if you were to bail, I wouldn't blame ya.
Although those pics are gonna be funny

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

In Christ,

Song Dog
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By rizzo1318:
No Christmas hunts . . .

But this weekend I am going on an all day hunt with 3 other predator hunters, so we're bound to get a female in the group.

Then . . . . my long awaited . . . . dinner pics!

Long awaited is an understatement.

Link Posted: 12/26/2007 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey - I'm not bailin! Circumstances just haven't been . . . right. And I've been workin like a mad dog so there's not much time. But this weekend . . . .
Link Posted: 12/27/2007 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By Sydwaiz:

I've had balut.  It doesn't taste that bad.  Kinda like bland chicken or duck.  It's mainly the thought of it and looking at it that makes people sick.

Couldn't eat it myself. Couldn't get past the smell. Have gotten past the smell on a lot of things but Balut isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By Sydwaiz:

that's why u gotta eat it in the " DARK ", just close your eyes and put it in your mouth and your gtg.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 2:09:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rizzo1318] [#35]
It is done! My first ever dinner pic on ARFCOM and it's a meal fit for a king!

And now, the story:
I got this nice male today, and while I had hoped for a female, I settled for this young coyote as he wasn't too bad - but he still stunk like all Hell.

I got right to work and cut out a nice chunk of backstrap.

It may not look big, but hey, neither does filet mignon!

When I got home, I made sure to wash it really well.

Then I fired up the grill, cooked it very well, and ate it up. You want pictures? How about some video?!
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 2:31:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Nice.

FTW!
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 2:52:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Yumm  
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 2:56:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Way to go!!! You did it.  Aren't you sorry?
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 3:11:32 AM EDT
[#39]

well done....
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#40]
I have to admit I was having my doubts. With that said, you are one crazy dude.

I got the part that it was a little tough but seriously how bad was the taste?

I also have to add
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:44:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MALT0SE] [#41]
So....how was it?

ETA: Just watched the video, it was pretty funny, Congratulations on not puking.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#42]
The taste was not that bad - it left a kind of bitter, stinging taste in the mouth while chewing it, but after I ate it all, the aftertaste didn't linger for too long.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#43]
A man of your word!    
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#44]
A man of your word, so congrats you crazy bastard
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#45]
dog eater

next stop Fear Factor
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By BlackeeMcRifley:
dog eater

next stop Fear Factor

Bullshit! Next stop, Cooking Network!
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I called in the coyote Glen shot and subsequently devoured.  Myself and the other 2 hunters there counciled him repeatedly to forgo the challenge.  Mind you, legend says mountain men used to pass on eating them because they couldn't keep coyote meat down.  I suggested he bathe it in A1 steak sauce and hold his nose but it appears he went a' la natural with a medley of carrots.

Here is a picture of Glen and I with his take out dinner hanging between us.  Glen, you are to be commended, .. uh. I think.

Link Posted: 12/30/2007 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#48]
well it took long enough..... I take back everything I said..... even though you didnt really prove that chunk of meat was the same one you carved off of that coyote.  I will take you at your word sir. Well done.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 2:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 603Born] [#49]
height=8
Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:
well it took long enough..... I take back everything I said..... even though you didnt really prove that chunk of meat was the same one you carved off of that coyote.  I will take you at your word sir. Well done.

What a nice guy!  Just admit he did what he said he would and and get over it.

First you complain he took too long to kill a coyote and eat it, and second you question his integrity.  What has he done in the past to make you question his honesty?

Admit he did it and move onto another thread.  We don't want negativity lingering around here.

<My edits are in red.  Please, no name calling here.>
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 5:43:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rizzo1318] [#50]
How was I really supposed to prove it? It would have been too easy at any point to switch the coyote with beef - guess the three guys I hunted with, my wife and my two kids will just have to be good enough witnesses.

Add to that the fact I'm not a liar, and you'll just have to accept it.

ETA: If I was gonna cheat, why would I have waited so long to get a "good" coyote?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top