Site Notices
Pay it forward HAM RADIO (Page 2 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By km:

Originally Posted By VRMN8R:

Originally Posted By km:

I have a usb ci-v cord for Icom that I don't need.
Id like to take you up on that KM

pm me your address.  Give me several days to send it so I don't need to make a special trip to the PO

PM sent and whenever you get it out is fine.

THANKS!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/13/2011 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
packaged and ready to go.  My wife has to go to the post office every couple days.   It may be shipped tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If anyone is building a wire antenna, I will get them some wire.

I can handle a couple of requests. Let me know how many feet you need.

Wish I had more to offer someone.

VRMN
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 7:24:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Former11BRAVO] [#4]
A buddy told me to use a whole roll (440 yds?). Do you have that much?     (I need a balun too. RBA 1/1.)

Looking for a whip antenna for my VX-7R, also.

I've got a bunch of connectors and such . . . I'll try to get a pic up in the next couple days.

*What a great idea for a thread! Way to go!  

ETA: Emoticons!  
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

A buddy told me to use a whole roll (440 yds?). Do you have that much?     (I need a balun too. RBA 1/1.)

Looking for a whip antenna for my VX-7R, also.

I've got a bunch of connectors and such . . . I'll try to get a pic up in the next couple days.
*What a great idea for a thread! Way to go!  

ETA: Emoticons!  
You pay the shipping on that much, Ill hook you up.

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#6]
IM sent
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

IM sent
Replied

Link Posted: 2/26/2011 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fiver:
http://www.arrl.org/shop/images/P/9965-01.jpg

ARRL General Class License Manual.  Good through 30-JUN-2011

Corners and cover are a bit beat up.  Small creases in binding.  No dog ears or writing in book.  Shipped free to you, claim it and PM me a mailing addy.  

As promised, anyone that needs the study guide pm me I can send it off!
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 4:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blwngazkit] [#9]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

Corners and cover are a bit beat up.  Small creases in binding.  No dog ears or writing in book.  Shipped free to you, claim it and PM me a mailing addy.  

So I sent you a PM, THEN i clicked the link for the picture and answered my own question...

Guess you can disregard the PM.  

ETA: PM sent, I'll take it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By blwngazkit:

So I sent you a PM, THEN i clicked the link for the picture and answered my own question...

As promised it is out in the mail
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By blwngazkit:

As promised it is out in the mail

Just got it, thanks!!!

Link Posted: 3/6/2011 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Extra Class Study Guide
by Gordon West WB6NOA
For current test - good through June 30, 2012
Great condition other than a few light pencil marks - includes CD

Please post here if you want it and then send me a PM in case I lose track of this thread.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By KwaiChangCaine:

Extra Class Study Guide

by Gordon West WB6NOA

Please post here if you want it and then send me a PM in case I lose track of this thread.

just what I was about to buy, I will repost it of course, this one can become the arfcom extra guide

Link Posted: 3/6/2011 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By tesla120:

Extra Class Study Guide
by Gordon West WB6NOA

just what I was about to buy, I will repost it of course, this one can become the arfcom extra guide

Got your PM, should ship tomorrow via USPS.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2011 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tesla120:

Extra Class Study Guide
by Gordon West WB6NOA

I guess I can call Next again!  

No hurry of course, I know the extra test gets a little bit technical.
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#16]
If anyne has a tech/general study guide they want to set loose, i will pay shipping. Thank You
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm also looking for some tech/general study materials.  Will pay including shipping.  Thanks all!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#18]
there are two good study guides you can download and read while you wait for any books to become available.

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 7:05:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: km] [#19]
MFJ-812 VHF SWR Wattmeter.   WIll work for 440 although it isn't listed for that.   power ranges aren't accurate for 440  SWR,  Power,  Field strength.

not a great meter but better than none.   Please,  if you already have meters for VHF?UHF let some newer ham have this one.   don't take it for resale.. only if you need it yourself.

This is the old 812,  not the newer 812B.  This one is over 20 years old.   Not sure where the one page instruction sheet is now so downloaded one from the internet.

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By km:

MFJ-812 VHF SWR Wattmeter.   WIll work for 440 although it isn't listed for that.   power ranges aren't accurate for 440  SWR,  Power,  Field strength.

not a great meter but better than none.   Please,  if you already have meters for VHF?UHF let some newer ham have this one.   don't take it for resale.. only if you need it yourself.

I'll...... leave this for MidwestJ  

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I was looking at one last week at the local ham radio shop. I did not buy it because money is tight this month. I seem to enjoy building antenna's as much as playing on the radio and thought it would be a good idea to eventually invest in an antenna analyzer. Although an SWR meter would work until I upgrade, then of course re list it here.

First post since team membership expired! I will fix that next week!
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#22]
does that mean you are taking it?   your IM box is full.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By km:
does that mean you are taking it?   your IM box is full.

If Midwest J wants it give him the priority, if he doesnt then I will take it.

Since my team expired my mailbox is 612% full  If anyone needs me I will be deleting messages! On second thought I will just wait until my new debit card comes in so I can renew and save a lot of time.

Thanks KM
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you all for the gracious offer.  Sincerely appreciate it but I ordered that unit the guy posted in my thread from Amazon.   Very thoughtful of you guys but I'll pass to let another guy use it since mine is incoming.  Otherwise I'd be on it!  Thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Stan,  looks like it is yours if you still want it.   IM me your address if you want it.  If I don't hear from you I wll offer it to someone else.
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By MidwestJ:

Thank you all for the gracious offer.  Sincerely appreciate it but I ordered that unit the guy posted in my thread from Amazon.   Very thoughtful of you guys but I'll pass to let another guy use it since mine is incoming.  Otherwise I'd be on it!  Thanks guys

the one in your thread may work but not sure how accurate it will be at VHF frequencies.  That one is for HF... designed for 27 Mhz CB band.

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By km:

Originally Posted By MidwestJ:

the one in your thread may work but not sure how accurate it will be at VHF frequencies.  That one is for HF... designed for 27 Mhz CB band.

it said 1.8-148MHz, and its cheap, just assumed it would be a cheap solution....

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 2:55:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: km] [#28]
It may read SWR ok but I wouldn't count on it being accurate for power readings.   I looked it up on several other sites.

The meter I listed is for 6,2 and 220 accordiing to MFJ.   I have found that it will work on 440 bu the power doesn't read accurate.  I found that on the 440 band if you set it at the 300 watt setting it is actually very close to accurate for 30 watts.  I have often used it to check 440 antennas even though is wasn't designed for that band.  It works good enough to tell if you have a problem.

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd like to put my name on the wait list for use of the SWR meter. Also on a tight budget at the moment and need to get my mobile antenna tuned so I can use it instead of hanging an HT antenna on the side of my window.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Stanprophet,   if you want the meter let me know.  If I don't hear from you by tomorrow evening I will offer it to someone else.
Link Posted: 4/9/2011 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Still don't have the VHF SWR meter claimed.   If anyone wants it claim it or I will take it to our local club meeting on tuesday and see if someone there wants it.

Link Posted: 4/10/2011 4:09:46 AM EDT
[#32]
if nobody has spoken for it, I sure could use a VHF SWR meter.
pm sent
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By traprmike:

if nobody has spoken for it, I sure could use a VHF SWR meter.

pm sent

You are the first definite  "I'll take it."  so it is yours.   give me a few days to get it shipped.  Next couple days are very busy for me.

Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:01:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SCWolverine] [#34]
ARRL Ham Radio License Manual for Level 1 Technician Test with included Practice Exam CD-ROM!!

Will ship to someone wanting to test who would be open to do the same once they pass their Tech!

This manual is good for test until July 2014.

SCWolverine

ETA: please reply here and IM
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 4:33:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NAM] [#35]
If anyone has use for some RG-6, directv type twin w/ground, I'm pulling a long run out. so far it looks in decent shape. ~100 feet
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#36]
I plan sitting the Technician test in May, so i would be grateful for the book and software - happy to commit to pass it on when I pass.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SCWolverine:
ARRL Ham Radio License Manual for Level 1 Technician Test with included Practice Exam CD-ROM!!

Will ship to someone wanting to test who would be open to do the same once they pass their Tech!

SCWolverine

En Route to Charlotte NC for Stoop-Good Luck!
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#38]
ARRL Level 2 General Class License Manual.

Manual is good for testing until June 30, 2011.

Please reply here and IM.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By HankEllis:

If I could get that I would really appreciate it. The wife unit and I both want to do this soon.

IM inbound.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:23:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HankEllis] [#40]
Originally Posted By Nivuahc:
If I could get that I would really appreciate it. The wife unit and I both want to do this soon.

IM inbound.
On it's way to Nivuahc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#41]
If you would send the book my way when you pass the test i i will pay shipping, and i will pass the book along in kind. Thank You and Good luck on the test.
Link Posted: 5/12/2011 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By spoil9:
I'd like to put my name on the wait list for use of the SWR meter. Also on a tight budget at the moment and need to get my mobile antenna tuned so I can use it instead of hanging an HT antenna on the side of my window.

Where in IL are you? I may have a meter or be able to help you tune the antenna.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#43]

SCWolverine

En Route to Charlotte NC for Stoop-Good Luck!

And passed the Technician test yesterday, so thanks for book. I ran the included test software dozens of times and that really helped my confidence with the actual test.  They told me name and call sign should be posted on the web site Monday afternoon.  The test examiner gave me a wink and said I was obviously very well prepared, so thanks to SCWolverine for setting me up for success.

Looking forward to shipping the book to the next person wanting to take the test per SCWolverine's request.

Stoop
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#44]

I wouldn't be ready for the General before the test changes on July 1st so I think I will but the 7th edition book and study for that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Stoop:

I wouldn't be ready for the General before the test changes on July 1st so I think I will but the 7th edition book and study for that.

the info in the study guide wont change only the way the questions are worded. if you learn the material instead of the answers to the questions you wont have a problem.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 4:46:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BHD44] [#46]
Stoop, could you send the book for tech lisence my way please. I will pay shipping. Email me for address. Thank You  In Advance  Sorry for the double post.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 4:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BHD44] [#47]
oops, delete please
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BHD44:
Stoop, could you send the book for tech lisence my way please. I will pay shipping. Email me for address. Thank You  In Advance  Sorry for the double post.

On its way - good luck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Stoop:
Originally Posted By BHD44:

On its way - good luck.

Thank You Sir. I will bury my nose in it, pass the test and ship it to the next luck ham op to be.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a MANUAL for the Radio Shack HTX 202 2 meter handheld. (This was quite a good radio for its time!)

Page / 9
Pay it forward HAM RADIO (Page 2 of 9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top