Link Posted: 10/25/2015 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Finished up harvesting last week.

Case IH 5230

Now we are tearing up ground! Case IH MX200

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Love that one! Can you get a few pictures of the engine? Is it a 12 valve Cummins?
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:

Love that one! Can you get a few pictures of the engine? Is it a 12 valve Cummins?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I was only able to open the hood a limited amount due to the loader.

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Thank you for the pictures! It has a 6BT (12 valve) Cummins. I'm very much a John Deere man, but I'd love to have a Case just for that engine. I'm 5.9L Cummins obsessed. Interesting fact: Case co-developed the B-series engine with Cummins, which is why you find them in their equipment. I've only ever operated one Cummins powered Case, and that was in an 1845C skidsteer with a 4BT. I have two of them in Dodge pickups: A '96 12 valve, and an '01 24 valve.

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 4:57:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IronKnight] [#5]

Thank you for the pictures! It has a 6BT (12 valve) Cummins. I'm very much a John Deere man, but I'd love to have a Case just for that engine. I'm 5.9L Cummins obsessed. Interesting fact: Case co-developed the B-series engine with Cummins, which is why you find them in their equipment. I've only ever operated one Cummins powered Case, and that was in an 1845C skidsteer with a 4BT. I have two of them in Dodge pickups: A '96 12 valve, and an '01 24 valve.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/dieselpowrguy85/F99F5098-AF5A-40BD-AEC2-5DDF094D20CE-5640-000006C27D41870A_zps7a3eec7j.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/dieselpowrguy85/9715F998-13D5-48B7-B46A-ECFE929E05FA-6797-000008015E575116_zps0yjixnwr.jpg
View All Quotes

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/dieselpowrguy85/F99F5098-AF5A-40BD-AEC2-5DDF094D20CE-5640-000006C27D41870A_zps7a3eec7j.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/dieselpowrguy85/9715F998-13D5-48B7-B46A-ECFE929E05FA-6797-000008015E575116_zps0yjixnwr.jpg

No worries! Certainly learn something new everyday! I didn't realize how low quality they were until I hosted them on here. We have had red equipment mainly in the form of Farmall, IH, and now Case IH.

In full disclosure the toys I get to play with belong to my dad and uncle for the family farm. The 5230 is his baby which has gotten some wear in the 20 years we have used it (purchased used).  Its main uses are to run the auger and to push snow in the winter.

ETA: It is a lot of fun to push snow and dirt around on.  On longer runs I like to stand up as can only be done on cabless tractors.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By IronKnight:
No worries! Certainly learn something new everyday! I didn't realize how low quality they were until I hosted them on here. We have had red equipment mainly in the form of Farmall, IH, and now Case IH.

In full disclosure the toys I get to play with belong to my dad and uncle for the family farm. The 5230 is his baby which has gotten some wear in the 20 years we have used it (purchased used).  Its main uses are to run the auger and to push snow in the winter.

ETA: It is a lot of fun to push snow and dirt around on.  On longer runs I like to stand up as can only be done on cabless tractors.  

View Quote

The pictures conveyed what they were meant to perfectly! When the whole Cummins/PowerStroke/Duramax debate comes up, a lot of people don't understand that the 5.9L (and 6.7L) is a medium duty diesel built to medium duty standards and was never intended for a pickup truck application. They're found in tractors, buses, combines, generators, yard tractors, loaders, skidders, stump grinders, pickups, and all kinds of other things. Can't say the same for the other two. If you were to pull that engine out of that tractor and unbolt all of the accessories (injection pump, intake horn, turbo, exhaust manifold, pulleys, etc.), you could bolt up the accessories for just about any other application and drop the engine in. That is just amazing to me. Thanks again for the pictures!
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheDevilYouLove:
My resto project: this tractor was purchased brand new by a friend of my dad's in the 1970s.  The original owner was a vet who lost a leg in the Battle of the Bulge.  He used to drive this to my house on Sunday's and have coffee with my dad.  After he died, my dad purchased this tractor from his widow.  My dad passed in 2011 and I'm going to restore this baby.

ETA: it's an International 140 serial num 41930 J.  Yes, I have the hood.  Took it off to make sure the valves weren't stuck (they weren't).  I soaked the cylinders in Marvel Mystery Oil and the motor turns when I spin the flywheel with a tire iron, so far so good...

http://<a href=http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a608/alphabrew/Mobile%20Uploads/CBFADCA7-543D-4E54-92B5-F1D1F79FDBC7_zpsibd55305.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Your 140 was manufactured in 1969 based on the S/N you gave...

Mowed off our pastures and 2 hay fields today with the 806 and a rotary mower.  The hay fields weren't worth going after with the haybine and baler.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 4:47:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nikdfish] [#8]
Cut a few trees while changing a path route between a couple of areas at the house site.   The stumps for the 4 smaller trees came up pretty easy, but a 9" pine took a bit more effort ...

I was using the 1025R with backhoe.  The add-on mechanical thumb is a handy item. It can be used for picking things up, or wiggling a stump like a tooth being pulled to see how close you are to where you need to be.

Finally got enough roots & surrounding soil moved to get the leverage needed to break it off.

The break is 3 feet or so below original ground level. Glad I wasn't using a shovel & pry bar!  The 260 backhoe on the 1025R isn't as big/fast/strong as a "real" backhoe, but you can get a lot done with it with a little patience.

Nick

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been using a boom pole and chain hoist to load my truck all summer, saves my back a ton of grief.

Also makes pressure washing day way better.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
I've been using a boom pole and chain hoist to load my truck all summer, saves my back a ton of grief.

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u576/sitdwnandhngon/temporary_zpsmdcl12ib.jpg
View Quote

Totally awesome!  Nice lift out of that boom.  You have no idea how much I want one of those little 4x4 Kubotas.  Those things are tough as nails.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 7:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#11]

Totally awesome!  Nice lift out of that boom.  You have no idea how much I want one of those little 4x4 Kubotas.  Those things are tough as nails.
View All Quotes

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u576/sitdwnandhngon/temporary_zpsmdcl12ib.jpg

Totally worth what I paid for it after doing the work to it that was required. Tearing the transmission apart was a bastard, but I'm glad I did, it doesn't make any noise and shifts super smooth.

The thing is hilarious because it's so small it fill literally fit anywhere, but with the 4x4 and the locking diff you can also get it out of just about anywhere.

I took it to my friends place and drove it around his land, lots of wet swampy property with tight trails, didn't skip a beat. I'm gonna skid out firewood for him when it freezes up a bit, even if we have to make more trips with smaller logs it should still work fine.

I haven't even put fuel in it yet, it came with over 3/4 of a tank, it's sitting at about 1/4 right now, I've been using it all summer.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#12]
What model is it?  Is that a 6000?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#13]
What model is it?  Is that a 6000?
View Quote

7100 with the gearbox.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven't even put fuel in it yet, it came with over 3/4 of a tank, it's sitting at about 1/4 right now, I've been using it all summer.
View Quote

since you are in NY, i would wait until winter diesel is available at the gas station, which should be around thanksgiving.
winter diesel is "cut" with kerosene and won't gel up when the temperature drops down into the single digits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_diesel_fuel

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:

since you are in NY, i would wait until winter diesel is available at the gas station, which should be around thanksgiving.
winter diesel is "cut" with kerosene and won't gel up when the temperature drops down into the single digits.

ar-jedi
View All Quotes

ar-jedi

Good to know!!  Thanks!  I'm in Maryland but I'll heed this as well.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#16]

View All Quotes

the alternative is to use summer diesel and add an anti-gelling product such as Power Service.

http://powerservice.com/psp_product/diesel-fuel-supplement-cetane-boost/

Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost is a winterizer/antigel that is used in the cold winter months to prevent fuel gelling and keep fuel-filters from plugging with ice and wax. When temperatures drop, paraffin (wax) in ULSD fuel will gel stopping fuel from flowing through the engine, and water in the fuel can freeze on the facings of fuel-filters, blocking fuel flow. This Arctic Formula provides trouble-free winter operation for diesel fuel.

Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost is intended for use only during cold winter months when temperatures drop below +30F. Use Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost (in the silver bottle) for peak performance in non-winter months. If your vehicle will not start or gain power in cold temperatures, use Diesel 911 (in the red bottle).

Benefits

Prevents fuel gelling
   Protects against fuel-filter icing
   Boosts cetane for faster cold starts
   Contains Slickdiesel Lubricator to protect fuel pumps and injectors from increased wear caused by Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel
   Effective in all diesel fuels, including ULSD and biodiesel blends
   Does not contain alcohol of any kind
   Safe for use in all diesel engines
   Will not void engine manufacturer's warranty when used as directed

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#17]
In my attempts to see just how much I can push this little machine, I hooked it up to my M101A2 today....with 2000 lbs of coal in it.

It pulled it just fine, got a little light in the front end going up hill, I still need to get about 200 lbs worth of suitcase weights for the front and that would probably cure that.

Things were going good until some idiot decided to try to take a shortcut across the garden, which was plowed up not too long ago, tractor and trailer sank out of sight, I had to shovel out some tire tunnels, lock the rear axle and give it some ass, got out though, didn't help that it's been raining for two days.

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#18]
In my attempts to see just how much I can push this little machine, I hooked it up to my M101A2 today....with 2000 lbs of coal in it.

It pulled it just fine, got a little light in the front end going up hill, I still need to get about 200 lbs worth of suitcase weights for the front and that would probably cure that.

Things were going good until some idiot decided to try to take a shortcut across the garden, which was plowed up not too long ago, tractor and trailer sank out of sight, I had to shovel out some tire tunnels, lock the rear axle and give it some ass, got out though, didn't help that it's been raining for two days.

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u576/sitdwnandhngon/temporary_zpsxgndaayl.jpg

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u576/sitdwnandhngon/temporary_zpsjniqqkdp.jpg
View Quote

Man I gotta get me one of those
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 4:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#19]
Heck of a lot easier to stack firewood in an old corn crib when the tractor hands it to you!

</a>" />

" />
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#20]
It's tree pruning time.

Every year (or so) I try to go around and prune back limbs that get in the way when I mow.

I just did a section between me an our nearest neighbors. They are putting their place on the market and I want it to look good for them.

Normally I would just use the forklift attachment and load it on there and make multiple trips but the ground is so soft from all the rain I wanted to pick it all up in one pass.

So I hitched up the utility trailer, loaded it all up and then unloaded it on my burn pile.

Unloading it was worse than loading it.

Got to get that pile burned soon, getting too big.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Taking down the trash in the scary dark!

" />
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I occasionally run mine down to the street like that.  

A while back I had two rooster bachelors that took to roosting on the three point hitch at night... they'd ride the 1/3rd of mile round trip with hardly a complaint.  One fell off once - and sat there on the gravel until I got down and put him back on his roost.  Odd fellows - shame the coyotes got them.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:18:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#24]
Trimming trees is a hell of a lot easier with a loader and basket

</a>" />

" />
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 4:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigshooter81] [#25]

Installed four 45 degree elbows to alleviate some factory hose routing I didn't much care for, and installed a pressure gauge to monitor load and hydraulic pressure.

Promptly went out and dug a hole, then filled back in.

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Where did you get that basket?

When you use it, do you have someone at the controls and they lift/lower you or do you get it into place, then use a ladder to get into it and do the work?  I'm a one man show here with my tractor, so everything has to be done by myself.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#27]
New to us but rode hard Mahindra 6000

Came with trailer for $4500
Tons of work ahead.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Merlin:

When you use it, do you have someone at the controls and they lift/lower you or do you get it into place, then use a ladder to get into it and do the work?  I'm a one man show here with my tractor, so everything has to be done by myself.

Thanks,
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:

Thanks,

Basket was my dad's, he passed away.  Don't know where he got it, I guess a farm auction.

I'm a one man show so I climb up the loader bucket arms
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By louisianarebel:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/20151228_180340_zps9eqcyvmj.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/20151228_180311_zpssng56sxj.jpg
Tons of work ahead.
View Quote

Quite a beast!  Congrats!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/20151228_180340_zps9eqcyvmj.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/20151228_180311_zpssng56sxj.jpg
Tons of work ahead.

This.

Looks like it needs a bath and a bunch of fresh fluids.... but at that price, seems like a good deal.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Been using Christmas break to execute the great stump eradication of 2015.  New house, previous owner sold all the lumber and left the land to rot so I've been trying to put it back together since I moved in. About 200 stumps down, another 150-200 to go
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By bigshooter81:

This.

Looks like it needs a bath and a bunch of fresh fluids.... but at that price, seems like a good deal.
View All Quotes
Tons of work ahead.

This.

Paint, gauges, cylinder, lights, grill. Tires look like hell on the other side. Guess we will see what else when I tear into it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:
Been using Christmas break to execute the great stump eradication of 2015.  New house, previous owner sold all the lumber and left the land to rot so I've been trying to put it back together since I moved in. About 200 stumps down, another 150-200 to go
<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/user/sea2summit1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswrnifnef.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/sea2summit1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswrnifnef.jpeg</a>
View Quote

Looks like a war zone.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Paint, gauges, cylinder, lights, grill. Tires look like hell on the other side. Guess we will see what else when I tear into it.
View All Quotes
Tons of work ahead.

This.

What's the fair market value of the trailer?  I'm thinking you'd have less than $1,000 in the tractor if you sold the trailer.  How many hours are on it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Looks like a war zone.

View All Quotes
<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/user/sea2summit1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswrnifnef.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/sea2summit1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswrnifnef.jpeg</a>

Looks like a war zone.

It is
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Don't have any pics but used my tractor loader to scrape the top soil off the driveway to the house I'm building.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ColtRifle:
Don't have any pics but used my tractor loader to scrape the top soil off the driveway to the house I'm building.
View Quote

At least tell us what kind of tractor
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 5:10:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#38]

View All Quotes

oh, right, the guy who makes snarky comments with -- yet again -- nothing to show for it!  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/681719_Show_me_what_you_used_your_tractor_for_today__pic_thread_.html&page=2#i11669726

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Did some grappling and cleared up a lot of tree tops that I pushed in the woods after last years ice storm.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HKH:
Did some grappling and cleared up a lot of tree tops that I pushed in the woods after last years ice storm.
<a href="http://s109.photobucket.com/user/trip157/media/20151231_100806_zpsrmsprwus.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/trip157/20151231_100806_zpsrmsprwus.jpg</a>
View Quote

EA grapple? Which one?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#41]
EA grapple? Which one?
View Quote

Sadly, I elected not to spend that much on a grapple.  If I had a 50+ horse tractor, I would have, but my machine limits what I can lift anyway.  No need for the overbuilt/overkill of EA on this one.

Instead of an HK, I bought a Glock
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#42]
<a href="http://s109.photobucket.com/user/trip157/media/20151231_100806_zpsrmsprwus.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/trip157/20151231_100806_zpsrmsprwus.jpg</a>
View Quote

Curious to know how much that bucket weighs.... looks like there's a good amount of steel on it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By IH1026:

Curious to know how much that bucket weighs.... looks like there's a good amount of steel on it.
View All Quotes

It's a sixty inch and weighs 450 lbs.  my bucket that came on the tractor weighs about 315 I think.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#44]

oh, right, the guy who makes snarky comments with -- yet again -- nothing to show for it!  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/681719_Show_me_what_you_used_your_tractor_for_today__pic_thread_.html&page=2#i11669726

ar-jedi
View All Quotes

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Kubota L2350DT
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Kubota L2350DT
View All Quotes

Kubota L2350DT

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#47]

It's a sixty inch and weighs 450 lbs.  my bucket that came on the tractor weighs about 315 I think.
View All Quotes

Thank you for the reply.... post some pictures of this bucket in action!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#48]
" />
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Bump.  I wanna see some tractors.  Who's been putting on snow chains, snow plows, PTO snow blowers, etc. this week?  Who's got the best snow set up for their rig?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Bump.  I wanna see some tractors.  Who's been putting on snow chains, snow plows, PTO snow blowers, etc. this week?  Who's got the best snow set up for their rig?
View Quote

I'm too cheap to actually go buy a front plow for mine (found a few, they want a lot for them) so I just slapped a 5' back blade on it.

Took it up to dads today since his tractor currently has more broken parts than working ones. Spent about an hour on his ridiculously long driveway, but it worked fine. Put it in 3rd gear, angle the blade and just start hauling ass up and down.

Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top