Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

What Did You Do Today To Prep? Part 2 (Page 50 of 50)

Previous Page
/ 50
Next Page
4/20/2009 8:07:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgtb][Edited] [#1]
Worked out, mostly walking but down 40lbs. since end of Jan. 09......Been doing inventory of everything to see where holes are.  Purchased some Maxpedition gear from L.A. Police during their 35% off sale. Getting important papers together, harder than I thought..  Traded for two Cold Steel SRK knive.
4/20/2009 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Lets see.  Yesterday I built a raised bed for my garden tilled up the soil and planted an assortment of veggies.  Put up 3 more 5 gallon buckets of Hard Red winter wheat.  And finally got around to cleaning 2 55gallon drums for some additional water storage.
4/20/2009 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
ordered 2 new preban NATO cans with vented spouts
4/20/2009 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a free bucket from a bakery, and bought the required parts to make a gravity filter with my new Sawyer 0.1 filter.

Oh, I got my first AR15 on Saturday, so I suppose that counts as well.
4/20/2009 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By nissanfan84:
ordered 2 new preban NATO cans with vented spouts


Where from? Good work.

As for me, today I cleaned out and brought back online all the rusted ammo cans I just bought at the show.
4/20/2009 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]
3 more bricks of .22lr, another gal. of lantern fuel, and more mantles.....
My guns are not worth your life, but my liberty and freedom are worth mine.
4/20/2009 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought an emergergency shut off wrench, hung it (still in the well labeled package) at the bottom of the stairs in the Basement.

I have wrenches to turn off anything, but if CarbineMom needed to turn off the gas supply or water there is now an appropriate tool hanging in plain view with some directions on the back opf the package as a reminder.


In on Page 99 with an emergency wrench, and in on Page 1 with a new flashlight.  And a lot of good preps in between, both mine, and inspiration from all the rest of you too.

Waldo ––- does this go past 100 pages now or do you need to start "What did you do today to prep Part 3"
4/20/2009 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]
5 more #20 propane tanks today,  just in time to send this thread to the archives.
4/20/2009 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Put in 29 applications for work.
SPC, 2ND REGT, TXSG QRT BRAVO TEAM

I'd rather be despised for conviction, than loved for submission.

I was having fun until the assassins stole my pants and tried to kill me!!!
4/20/2009 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FNFalGuy:
Got the firepit  finished, complete with a heavy duty grill.


PICS please...Thanks
4/20/2009 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Added two cans of export crackers, another propane tank, and donated $13 to NRA-ILA to get a t' shirt.
4/20/2009 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Picked up nearly 2K in various types of  223/556mm ammo.
I owned a Colt a for a month...and now I'm stuck with the name...
4/20/2009 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Nearing the 100 page limit  
I See Dead People
4/20/2009 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Still finishing the prep room. Bust 100!
Militant RN and DAV 91E2CX2
4/20/2009 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bigshooter81:
5 more #20 propane tanks today,  just in time to send this thread to the archives.


And got 4 more of those for free filled and new
Militant RN and DAV 91E2CX2
4/20/2009 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#16]
picked up my lima bean, black bean, cucumber, jalapeño, zucchini, squash, and watermelon seeds today!  almost to the end.....  still looking for green beans, pumpkin, black-eyed peas and a few more....
stay alert, stay alive

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' Ronald Reagan

NRA Life Member
4/20/2009 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordered 300 rounds of .45ACP for my new carry piece.
http://www.specialops.org/
4/21/2009 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I got my hand pump installed in my well.

Built a chicken coop.
4/21/2009 12:43:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Cutting the concrete on my new prep garage in the AM.
Militant RN and DAV 91E2CX2
4/21/2009 2:23:18 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought two more large store crates.  I placed the two skids in the storage room and organized all the other storage boxes on top of them.  

The_D
4/21/2009 2:45:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Added some cash to my on hand 'funny money' in the safe. Had to take some out to make an ammo purchase a short while ago, feels good to have the count back up to my comfort level.
Worked out twice at the gym this weekend, they are opening a mega-gym in June, and it is only about 4 miles farther from my house. Pool, Basketball court indoor, tons of new equipment. Looking forward to that.
Read this site, looking for ideas on preps, deals etc.
Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my Mind the most...
4/21/2009 4:37:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Loaded 300 more rounds of 75gr .223.
How smart a lash that speech doth give my conscience!

Stimulus - Chains We Can Believe In.

Teabag the Dems before they teabag us.
4/21/2009 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Just scored an interview for a job, through talking to someone I've met once.

Going to turn in a couple more applications today.
SPC, 2ND REGT, TXSG QRT BRAVO TEAM

I'd rather be despised for conviction, than loved for submission.

I was having fun until the assassins stole my pants and tried to kill me!!!
4/21/2009 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Working on a custom BOB on an alice frame.
4/21/2009 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#25]
finished flooring my prep room. i bought a wind generator.
4/21/2009 2:08:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotDeaf][Edited] [#26]
Pick up (free) two more propane tanks, you know the 20lbs

(almost at 100 pages, thanks to everyone for posting)

Edit: ha hah 100 page is all mine!!!

...a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, ... Thomas Jefferson
4/21/2009 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked up my new Bronco BOV.  Will start the mods with the front suspension and work from there.   Loaded 500 .45ACP on the new Lock-n-load ap.
The only thing stronger than man's creative ability is man's ability to destroy.
4/21/2009 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#28]
just starting out....but I am thinking right, right?

6 cases of water
50 lbs of rice
2 cases of beans
case of tp-cause of the beans
wet wipes- cause of the beans
hand sanitizer-cause of the beans
beano-cause of the beans
nail clipper cause of the beans
trash bags cause of the beans
larger trash can-cause of the beans
dish soap-to clean up after the beans
matches to cover up the smell of the beans after i pass them

can the next survival thread be "beans" survival?
4/21/2009 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#29]
One more holster and a lot more vegetable seeds for 2009 and beyond.
4/21/2009 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Cut the concrete to SHTF garage and walked.
Militant RN and DAV 91E2CX2
4/21/2009 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#31]
restored ammo cans
did an inventory on a lot of things.

Also ordered some more AR mags.

Bought some SPAM at a sale last night
4/21/2009 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Organized ammo from most "useful", to more specialty type ammo. .22lr, 9mm, and .12ga on top - .410ga, 8mm, and .38 a bit farther down.

Did work in the yard, and began designing a compost maker.
4/21/2009 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#33]
100 page limit, new thread here http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=623176

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 50
Next Page

What Did You Do Today To Prep? Part 2 (Page 50 of 50)