Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Pictures of your preps (Page 2 of 19)
Page / 19
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#1]
My tinfoil is too tight to post pics.

The only people who know what I have are people I trust with my life.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 10:51:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Throttle-Junkie] [#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By FS_653:
Heat, Woodstove

falloutshelter653.org/misc/IMG_0027a.jpg

Light, 10KW Generator

falloutshelter653.org/misc/gen_house3.jpg

Whole house transfer switch,

falloutshelter653.org/misc/power-1.jpg

Water, 500 Gallons / Well

falloutshelter653.org/misc/srf-3.jpg

Food,

falloutshelter653.org/misc/srf-4.jpg

Food,

falloutshelter653.org/misc/srf-5.jpg

And more food,

falloutshelter653.org/misc/IMG_0124.jpg

I've seen your pics now and then over the past year or so and always enjoy them. You seem to have the proper perspective on food/water to other preps ratios. But the one thing that I always wonder is about where you store your 5 gallon food buckets. I used to store mine in the shed, and wherever I could find room. Which usually meant they had to endure seasonal changes in temperature again and again. But when we moved into our house several years ago I built a room in the basement, that's windowless, and stays very constant in terms of low humidity and temperatures. Now my food is all stored there. Even in sealed buckets, I worry that temp changes and especially high summer temps will make the food go bad before it needs to be. Anyways... not a criticism at all, because I think you've done very well in your preps... just an observation and request for your input on this point. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#4]
WOW!

tag for ideas.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 11:33:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FS_653] [#5]

Hey FS_653

Got a question for you. Can you tell us more about your well/water system? How it works and cost to install and any other info you have about it.

It looks pretty neat and I'd like to do something like that in the future.

Thanks.

It is a self regulating system. There is a deep well pump that is approx 250' down a 6" dia well, the water level is actually only about 30' down. The water level in the well actually rose from its original depth after the 6.8 Nisqually quake years back.

The 500 gallon holding tank has float sensors in it that never allow the tank to go below 60% full, and if for some reason the deep well pump has not refilled the tank another sensor will not let it get below 10% before cutting the power to the house pressure pump.

The well water is only run through a 10 micron sediment filter to remove a majority of the iron and shale particles, other than that the water has almost non-existant traces of other minerals.

Cost, now here's the killer.... Almost $20K including the drilling. Thank G*d it was already in place when we bought the house! I dread the day that I have to replace the deep well pump, it's one of the most expensive parts of the system besides the well itself.

I've seen your pics now and then over the past year or so and always enjoy them. You seem to have the proper perspective on food/water to other preps ratios. But the one thing that I always wonder is about where you store your 5 gallon food buckets. I used to store mine in the shed, and wherever I could find room. Which usually meant they had to endure seasonal changes in temperature again and again. But when we moved into our house several years ago I built a room in the basement, that's windowless, and stays very constant in terms of low humidity and temperatures. Now my food is all stored there. Even in sealed buckets, I worry that temp changes and especially high summer temps will make the food go bad before it needs to be. Anyways... not a criticism at all, because I think you've done very well in your preps... just an observation and request for your input on this point. Thanks.

Unfortuantely they are stored in outbuildings. There are temp swings, but fortunately being located where we are they are not that severe and we are not subject to the consistent high temps.

I am in process of building a root cellar to move it all into, alnog with the garden harvests, and hope to have it finished prior to this fall. We have opened a few buckets for use and they have not seemed to suffer any degradation since they were packed in 1998-99.

I fully agree, they do need to be moved to a more temp stable environment. If only the root cellar would build itself
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 11:56:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: munkalido] [#6]
45 gal primary tank, 15 reserve.  12 gal propane, 5 reserve.  Spare belts, hoses, coil, ignition box, etc... tools, axe, saw, rope... food for a month.  25 gal. water, water filters, hot water, tub, shower,  4.0 KW gen, freezer, refrigerator, fishing gear, compound bow, 10/22, mkII, AR15-A3, maps, wrist rocket sling-shot (with lead shot) extra clothes/shoes, toys and games for kids, and a folding crab pot all inside.

Link Posted: 5/9/2006 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Hey FS_653

Got a question for you. Can you tell us more about your well/water system? How it works and cost to install and any other info you have about it.

Thanks.

It is a self regulating system. There is a deep well pump that is approx 250' down a 6" dia well, the water level is actually only about 30' down. The water level in the well actually rose from its original depth after the 6.8 Nisqually quake years back.

The 500 gallon holding tank has float sensors in it that never allow the tank to go below 60% full, and if for some reason the deep well pump has not refilled the tank another sensor will not let it get below 10% before cutting the power to the house pressure pump.

The well water is only run through a 10 micron sediment filter to remove a majority of the iron and shale particles, other than that the water has almost non-existant traces of other minerals.

Cost, now here's the killer.... Almost $20K including the drilling. Thank G*d it was already in place when we bought the house! I dread the day that I have to replace the deep well pump, it's one of the most expensive parts of the system besides the well itself.

I've heard poking the hole in the ground is the really expensive part. From the sound of it you already have one, but if you dont when it goes bad I'd recommend and inline pump. The very its pumping helps cool it. Not only does it help cool it but because its being cooled by the water you can overdrive the holy freaking piss out of them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

2 people for how long looks like you spent a lot of time and money and have covered all of you bases. Hats off to you
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]

I've heard poking the hole in the ground is the really expensive part. From the sound of it you already have one, but if you dont when it goes bad I'd recommend and inline pump. The very its pumping helps cool it. Not only does it help cool it but because its being cooled by the water you can overdrive the holy freaking piss out of them.

If you are referring to a submersible pump, that is what I have. The pump itself is over 200' underwater. If an "inline" pump is a different animal, I am more than interested in alternatives when it comes time to replace the current pump (hopefully a long way off, but you never know).
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#10]

If you are referring to a submersible pump, that is what I have. The pump itself is over 200' underwater. If an "inline" pump is a different animal, I am more than interested in alternatives when it comes time to replace the current pump (hopefully a long way off, but you never know).

The inlines are the submersibles.

There was a big stink about them some years back. Irrigators switched from the above ground pumps to submersibles. Come to find out they could overdrive the everloving piss out of them, and due to being submerged in the water they would still stay cool and run fine.
The stink was that irrigators werent accurately being billed for the water they were using. I dont know how it all worked out, but the billing was for time rather then usage if I remember. So they were billed for 1 hour of irrigation and due to overdriving the pumps were actually using 2 hours worth.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By V-Rod:

2 people for how long looks like you spent a lot of time and money and have covered all of you bases. Hats off to you

I bought a 1 year supply for 1 person from Emergency Essentials.   I've added a number of cases of MRE's and about $1400 in Mountain House.   I'm guessing at least 9 months for 2 people, but I haven't done the calcs yet
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Hey FS_653

Thanks.

]

Wow that's a lot for a well!!!   Around here, the well and pump(usually 300-500 feet deep) will run $5000-6000.  I guess I meant more what did the water storage system cost.  So you have another pump to keep the house pressure up then?  I was thinking about trying to install a gravity feed system to use "free pressure" to bring the water into the house.  

It's a nice system.  Thanks for answering the questions.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By munkalido:
45 gal primary tank, 15 reserve.  12 gal propane, 5 reserve.  Spare belts, hoses, coil, ignition box, etc... tools, axe, saw, rope... food for a month.  25 gal. water, water filters, hot water, tub, shower,  4.0 KW gen, freezer, refrigerator, fishing gear, compound bow, 10/22, mkII, AR15-A3, maps, wrist rocket sling-shot (with lead shot) extra clothes/shoes, toys and games for kids, and a folding crab pot all inside.

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/martiniup/IMG_4343.jpg

Do you carry that by yourself or does the tribe help?
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By ilike9s:

Originally Posted By munkalido:

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/martiniup/IMG_4343.jpg

Do you carry that by yourself or does the tribe help?

9,995 at the scales on the way to Champoeg park
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 4:09:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FS_653] [#15]

Wow that's a lot for a well!!! Around here, the well and pump(usually 300-500 feet deep) will run $5000-6000. I guess I meant more what did the water storage system cost. So you have another pump to keep the house pressure up then? I was thinking about trying to install a gravity feed system to use "free pressure" to bring the water into the house.

It's a nice system. Thanks for answering the questions.

That is what the previous owner indicated that the whole system cost. Apparently they had to fracture the rock in the well with liquid CO2 to get better water flow.

On the storage side of the system, I would hazard a guess that it could be duplicated for between $2,500 or so, including the pressure pump.

The submersible pump supplies the 500 gallon holding tank and only comes on when the tank is down to 60% to refill it.

From the holding tank the pressure pump pulls it in to its tank and keeps it anywhere between 30-50psi in the house waterlines cycling on only when the pressure to the house drops to 29 psi.

Frankly I am suprised the well is only 250' deep being that we live on top of a ridge 1,200' above sea level. Must be all the rain
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#16]

2 people, 3 little dogs  (dog food not shown)

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/HondaEU2000I009Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/survivalstorage011Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/survivalstorage004Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/survivalstorage001Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/supplies002Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/fuelandwater006Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/fuelandwater004Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/fuelandwater003Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/fuelandwater001Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/SSstuff007.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/storage2003Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/IMG_1396Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/Matches002Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/survivalstorage012Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/commode-chair.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/supplies005Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/AR15SpareParts002Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/AR15SpareParts001Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/inverter2battery001Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/inverter2battery003Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/incoming013Medium.jpg

Fight4,

I'm new to ar's so do you mind if I ask what spare parts you are stocking for yours? Also what other spares do you currently have? I have been toying with the idea of a large tacklebox that holds Rubbermaid dividers that are configurable for tackle.

Thanks for the help,

Jason
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 7:13:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fight4yourrights] [#17]

Originally Posted By JasoninAZ:

Fight4,

I'm new to ar's so do you mind if I ask what spare parts you are stocking for yours? Also what other spares do you currently have? I have been toying with the idea of a large tacklebox that holds Rubbermaid dividers that are configurable for tackle.

Thanks for the help,

Jason

I would recommend you buy a Bushmaster Emergency Parts kit, and a spare bolt.   Those will cover virtually any troubles you face.

I've added a number of other things, mostly duplicates.

Truthfully, I've put probably 25k plus rounds down range, mostly from 2 guns.   I've only needed an extractor to replace a brand new gun's that was mismanufactured, and I've done a few sets of gas rings just for insurance.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I've posted this pic before but seemed fitting to post it again.

Link Posted: 5/9/2006 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By protus:

Originally Posted By BangStick1:
Pardon me, but why so many tissues??  Plan on doing a lot of crying when the SHTF????  

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/survivalstorage004Medium.jpg

aint always about ammo and camo!

hell i have 6 months( if she wore them every day!!)  worth of female pads stored away....

F4/FS

great preps guys,,if only i had a house i woulndt have to store 6+ months of crap in a 10x10 room

Ha!! My Wife vacume sealed her pads... I had no Idea they would compress so well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 10:32:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#20]
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 10:58:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JatoMan] [#21]

The shelf was new when I took this photo.  They are now almost full of everyday food.

4x55 gallons of water, 4 person x 1 year supply of emergency food (I have a wife + 4 kids).  Not pictured-  28,000 gallons of pool water, 2x20 liter water cans, 3x5 gallon plastic water jugs.

Ammo.  I will continue to slowly expand on this.

4x20 liter gas cans.  I also have 7 more gallons not pictured.  I keep all of my vehicle tanks at least half full.

Sorry no gun pics.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Jatoman,

I don't understand what the 28,000 gallons of pool water has to do with your survival, unless you have a very agressive filtration system to draw out all of the tons of chemicals needed to keep it clean
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By FNFalGuy:
Jatoman,

I don't understand what the 28,000 gallons of pool water has to do with your survival, unless you have a very agressive filtration system to draw out all of the tons of chemicals needed to keep it clean

Flushing toliets, hygeine, maybe even washing dishes.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 12:06:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EPOCH96] [#24]

Jatoman,

washing dishes, flushing toilets, washing clothes, bathing....

I could think of lots of things I would not want to waste my drinking water on

EPOCH

ETA: damn, was admiring the pics and took too long to post
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Jatoman,

If you still have power, you can distill it.

If you get a different kind of distiller, all you have to do is heat it from fire to distill it, so you wouldn't even need electricity just a good heat source.  I guess that's "old school" distilling but waterwise makes a modern day version of a distiller that doesn't need electricity.
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 12:26:30 AM EDT
[#26]
man i thought i was doing ok with 1000rds of 5.56 and couple hundred rds of other ammos. I gotta get going.
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 2:30:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Jatoman,

Non-potable water.

Link Posted: 5/10/2006 4:36:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Jatoman,

Non-potable water.

userweb.suscom.net/~sbritton/York,%20PA%20-%20Featured%20Homes_files/image012.jpg

What about running a reverse osmosis filter on it?  Genny for power.  Just a thought.  You could always use it for bathing purposes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By hitanrun:

Jatoman,

If you still have power, you can distill it.

If you get a different kind of distiller, all you have to do is heat it from fire to distill it, so you wouldn't even need electricity just a good heat source.  I guess that's "old school" distilling but waterwise makes a modern day version of a distiller that doesn't need electricity.

You could also make a sun still and have all the fresh, clean water you want (until the pool is empty or the weather gets cool) using an evaporation still:

- Large tarp over entirety of pool, pegged at corners
- large bowl, suspended over pool (or in the water, w/e - just make sure the top is over the water level, and that it isn't going to float about. A partially submerged 55 gal container would be appropriate)
- put weight over bowl so that there's a low point directly over it (a stone, say)
- water evaborates, condenses on underside of tarp, runs to low point (ie where the rock and bowl are) and drops into bowl.
- Use small-gauge hose (small enough to maintain pressure) near bottom of 'bowl' (55 gal container) and use sealant to make sure water doesn't go from pool to bowl and vice versa. hose goes to "house" (or elsewhere) with a cut off valve for when you don't need anymore. If you're producing more drinkable water than you use in a day, the extra just flows back into the pool to be used later.

With even a small swimming pool, you'd probably be able to get enough water for a couple people's daily drinking and cooking without too much of a problem.

Bonus points for the person who directs the flow of their groundwater towards their pool after SHTF. :) My dad has a natural spring which surfaces in his yard and floods the bottom woods a bit (it's always muddy); I'm going to talk to him about ponding it into his swimming pool. :)
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 5:45:33 AM EDT
[#30]
These photos make me feel very ill prepared, particularly because I am poorly prepared (which is largely an issue of "priorities" - ie, not enough money), because our current situation doesn't allow for practical planning (apartment - though we're moving to a duplex at the end of the month) and because I strongly feel we're approaching something in this country which will <i>require</i> extensive stores.

Currently, I've got:

- Enough food for 2.5 people for four weeks (though most of it is "long term storage food" - dried foods like beans and rice, which we eat a lot of anyway)
- Water for 3 people for a week
- Gear to haul as much as we can carry, in case of bugging out on foot, including a wagon and "tactical grocery cart"
- 1500 rounds of ammo (need to get more for my bolt action .270, though. :-/)
- Camping gear
- Sanitation equipment (soaps, bucket, etc.)

Still need to get a lot of stuff.
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 1:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sprayandpray] [#31]

Originally Posted By Paul:

] photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=44717 ]
Garage: freeze dried vegitables and bleach (note receipe)

Ultra bleach on the left is NO GOOD, from what I have read , it is not the same as regular bleach , differant chemical and no good for people. you might want to check on that so you dont end up and

Even if it is the right chemical , you would think it is a stronger concentration and your recipie should be differant,

Or maybe I should not tell you anything and just find out whare you live ???? wait for ya to poison  yourself and move in ....... Nah , could'nt do that. CHECK IN TO IT!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#32]
tag for later
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#34]

2 people, 3 little dogs  (dog food not shown)

I'm always so impressed to see f4's preps, well thought out, well stocked. Unfortunately, I always find something else I "need" to get after seeing posts of his preps.

not worthy, I'm just, not worthy.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 11:52:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tagar] [#35]
Some of my SRFU's

Self Replicating Food Units  

Link Posted: 5/11/2006 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Man I have got to catch up
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 12:53:38 AM EDT
[#37]
I feel, that on my meager budget that I will never be able to even make 1/20th of the progress that some of you all have.  However, I am lucky enough to have a place to go if I can get out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 3:57:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sirensong] [#38]

Originally Posted By fla556guy:
I feel, that on my meager budget that I will never be able to even make 1/20th of the progress that some of you all have.  However, I am lucky enough to have a place to go if I can get out.

you'd be amazed at how fast you will accumulate stuff just by using "the $10 rule" and smart purchasing techniques.  every time you go grocery shopping (3-4 times per month), spend $10 on bulk emergency food.  what will $10 buy?  some of the things i've noticed lately:

-15 cans of tuna
-10 cans of chicken breast
-12 cans of chicken soup
-14 cans of vegetables
-3# of canned corned beef
-4# of coffee
-20# of rice
-10# of angel hair pasta
-6 cases of ramen
-4 cases of 20oz bottled water
-50 rolls of toilet paper

and so on...

[edit:  i can't spell]
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By sirensong:

you'd be amazed at how fast you will accumulate stuff just by using "the $10 rule" and smart purchasing techniques.  every time you go grocery shopping (3-4 times per month), spend $10 on bulk emergency food.  what will $10 buy?  some of the things i've noticed lately:

-15 cans of tuna
-12 cans of chicken soup
-14 cans of vegetables
-4# of coffee
-20# of rice
-10# of angel hair pasta
-6 cases of ramen

and so on...

YUP

i do the 10$ rule if  i rember lol.

10$ can buy  alot of stuff,

12$ will get you 50lbs of  rice thats  almost 100 days of fod for one person.( 10$ will get you  near 40)
10$ will get you 20 cansof tuna on buy one get one sales.
14$ will buy you  2 7 gallon water jugs
10$ will buy you a cheap 1st aid kit
10$ - 550 rnd sof 22,  a box of 38,357,9mm,45,30-30 or 762x39
10$ -  5-10 lbs of beans

if you have basics like camping gear/mess kits and stove.
worry about food and h20 1st then move on to the crazy stuff.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By sirensong:

-15 cans of tuna
-12 cans of chicken soup
-14 cans of vegetables
-4# of coffee
-20# of rice
-10# of angel hair pasta
-6 cases of ramen

and so on...

Excellent advice.  I have been doing $25 every time I get paid and have been able to stock up about a month's worth of food very quickly.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By tagar:
Some of my SRFU's

Self Replicating Food Units  

img80.imageshack.us/img80/3461/120060070pw.jpg

tagar you have one problem, everyone else will be hunting your SRFU.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#42]
good thing SRFU is a broad term kinda like mystery meat
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By V-Rod:

tagar you have one problem, everyone else will be hunting your SRFU.  

No more so than the rest of the stuff I wont show.  If we are in lock down and two squads of trained individuals show up they will have everything I own.  My neighbors all have more SRFU's than I do (mostly cows & sheep) and we are a long way from an easy way in for Joe City.  If two squads of untrained individuals show up, me & the neghbors would encourage them to steal elsewhere.

Link Posted: 5/11/2006 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Top pantry: canned meats, crackers, more MRE parts, meds, first-aid kit (now painted desert camo!)

Who is the manufacturer of the canned hamburger?  I cant read it and am interested as meats is our weak spot.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#45]
What all could that pool water be used for with the way it sits right now?

I can come up with flushing toilets and bathing/showers and it is also a source of entertainment.

But I am wondering what else it might be ok to use for with the chemicals in it.  I am also wondering what it should not be used for because of the chemicals in it as well.

I know you don't want to drink it or use it for cooking but I run out of ideas there.

Overall I think I am just having trouble brainstorming what all I use water for so I figured I better ask.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 6:43:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rmplstlskn] [#46]
pics removed after a period of time to save my bandwidth...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By sprayandpray:

Originally Posted By Paul:

] photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=44717 ]
Garage: freeze dried vegitables and bleach (note receipe)

Ultra bleach on the left is NO GOOD, from what I have read , it is not the same as regular bleach , differant chemical and no good for people. you might want to check on that so you dont end up he
Or maybe I should not tell you anything and just find out whare you live ???? wait for ya to poison  yourself and move in ....... Nah , could'nt do that. CHECK IN TO IT!!!!!!!

The Clorox Company verified that you could use the "ultra" interchangably with regular bleach. Not much difference in % to worry about. Main thing is not to use any scented stuff.

Dear Consumer:

Thank you for asking about the use of Ultra CLOROX liquid bleach.

In case of an emergency, we recommend boiling water for 1 minute. When boiling is not possible, we recommend filtering water to let suspended particles settle out. Pour off the clear water and add Ultra CLOROX liquid bleach as follows:

1 teaspoon Ultra CLOROX bleach per 5 gallons water
16 drops Ultra CLOROX bleach per 1 gallon water
4 drops Ultra CLOROX bleach per 1 quart water

Wait 30 minutes. The water should have a slight chlorine odor. If not, repeat dose and wait 15 minutes, then sniff again. Use only Ultra CLOROX bleach, not a scented bleach.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us. Again, thank you for giving me this opportunity to discuss our product.

Sincerely,

Maura D. Hannigan
Product Specialist

MDH/GMV

Link Posted: 5/11/2006 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Rmplstlskn

Where did you get the combat lifesaver bag?  I have been looking for one of those.

Link Posted: 5/11/2006 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By Bladerunner:
Rmplstlskn

Where did you get the combat lifesaver bag?  I have been looking for one of those.

www.wwyd.org/images/AR15/PREPS/FirstAid%20(5).jpg

I got that a long time ago at a "Preparedness Expo" that used to make the rounds back in the good 'ol days... I have added much to it since then so it is NOT "as issued."

The only place I know of that has these with GOOD stuff still inside is JRH Enterprises.

I did see them somewhere else online but I can't recall it... Sorry!

Rmpl
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 10:52:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Rmpl,
Stick those meds in the fridge. We keep ours in the "Dairy" box on the door. It will help to greatly increase the lifespan.

Omni
Page / 19
Pictures of your preps (Page 2 of 19)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top