Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
9/23/2017 3:50:19 PM EDT
Had been wanting a 6.5 Creedmore rifle for some time and decided on the Bergara B14 HMR. Slapped on a rail for a 700 Rem and a Leupold 8.5-25x50 scope. First off this was barrel break in day and it was stinking hot 91°F so I had my box fan to cool the barrel and me! I had numerous ejection problems with the empty getting hung up inside the receiver ring. I added some oil and it seems to lessen the issue, will keep an eye on it and if it does not improve call Bergara. Also had a weird thing where the 3rd round in the mag would not strip off cleanly. Took the mag apart and stretched the spring and it helped, so I chalked it up to not enough mag spring tension. It is a P Mag.
  Started off with a range of 100gr Nosler bullets using Varget. So far it hates that combination! Best group was about an inch. After numerous cleanings I moved to the Hornady 140Gr match BTHP (ancient box with metal corners!) These did much better and I think the flyer was from heat mirage? But that red square is 1/2" so half MOA or so. Now that barrel is broke in I go out again when it's cooler and try some other combinations. BTW, it did not like the Winchester factory 140gr match ammo, 1.5-2" group at 100 yards.

9/24/2017 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up a Bergara HMR in 6.5C yesterday.  I don't have a scope base for it yet, but I'm excited to see how it will shoot.  Thanks for your range report!

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In