Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/26/2003 8:37:04 PM EST
what are the rules regarding purchase of a long gun from PA to NJ...my buddy found a rifle out there and is interested in possibly getting it
what does he need to do?
I for one have no clue so I figured to ask here.
can he just go pick it up in PA or is it not allowed?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:03:42 AM EST
A New Jersey resident may purchase the long gun only from a PA Dealer. He needs a "NJ Firearm Purchaser's ID Card" and a Government issued Photo ID, i.e. NJ Driver's License.

Form 4473 and a "Certificate of Eligibility" must be completed upon acquisition.

See: http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:07:24 AM EST
If the FFL in PA is equipped to do the sale to a NJ resident, the process is the same as here. If the FFL is too far west, odds are he is not equipped to do it. (doesn't have the NJ form)

Option 2 is to have the firearm shipped to an FFL here in NJ and have it transferred to you from there. (and pay their transfer fee)
Top Top