BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 2:00:34 PM EDT
delete.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Blade

I never been to Atglen but I have read some things about what they offer. I posted information about them so everyone else could check them out. Atglen

I plan on taking a trip to check it out for myself.Would it be but to go on a meeting night or just  on the weekend ?
Thanks
Jerry

BTW what part of SC are you in ?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If you go, don't do what I did. I parked off to the side of the gate and walked up.

The road is very steep and goes a long way. I went to the top and had to catch my breath. Not good if covered in snow and ice.

Very big gun range(s) and friendly people. I was there this past summer. Only had 3 people there at that time.

I was informed that since Avondale Gun Club closed, they were taking them in as members. There is supposed to be a waiting list as only a limited number can be on the rolls.

This is what I was told. Whether it's true or not, you'd have to go to one of their meetings and find out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey "Slidestop"...

Sat or Sunday would be good as you can see the club grounds & ranges. Plus, it is HARD TO FIND. (If you are going NORTH on 41 toward GAP, look for a red light 3 miles or so from Intersection of rt 10 & 41 (Cochranville). This will be @ Octorara school. TURN LEFT, go 1/4 mi. stop, go STRAIT 1/2 mile TURN  "HARD RIGHT" on the curve.go appx. one mile or so, go thru THE COVERED BRIDGE,  and take the first LEFT, about 75 yds. (Look for it or you'll miss it.)Club is 1/4 mi on right.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The only negative I can see about the club is that they are apparently no longer allowing 50 BMG guns to be fired there (which would have been my main motivation for joining; long range and 50 BMG rifle).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top