Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Tacked Places to shoot in Ohio (Page 3 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Are there any good places open to the public in driving distance to Cincinnati besides Target world?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 12:30:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Daubs] [#2]
Izaak Walton League Fremont  in Sandusky County, East of Toledo.

Click here for Map.

200,100,50 yard outdoor , Heated indoor Pistol range, and weekly Trap.

Davis Besse Nucular power plant's security team trains there, black rifle friendly.

Membership required. $100 year less $50 if you do 20hrs of work for the club.

If interested Contact Mel Balduf @ 419-334-3095 or show up at the club 2nd Tue of each month @ 7pm.

The club now has e-mail at [email protected].

It's 20-30 minutes from Toledo just off the Ohio Turnpike Rt.53 exit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a new place in Moraine approximately 5 minutes south of Dayton & just off I-75 called Sintrainer. Membership is $200 a year for single person & $375 for a family membership and they offer Police discount's. I'm not sure how many lanes thay have (Indoor only) & they are limited on caliber size. If I could find my phone book I could give you all the number. If your calling outside of Dayton, the area code is 937
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
usafs,
I shoot at Spring Valley Reserve.  It is state ran, $24 pass for an entire year w/unlimited excess.  there is shotgun range, 25. 50, 100 yard range.  Well kept.  Located off of Rt. 42 about 45 min from downtown.  Let me know if you need more info.  BTW what part of Cincy are you located?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Spring Valley Reserve?

That's new to me.  I'd love more information.  I'm on the best side of town, I mean west side of town.  
Do they allow full-auto?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2005 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By triage1998:
I live in Medina and every week I hear highpower gunfire near Bueller's Grocery store on Route 18. The fire has to be about 2 miles away. I was told there is a range in the area called the COON CLUB. Problem is I can't find the range or a contact number. Anyone out there know anything about this range and have a contact #?

TIA

I dont think I want to know what they use for targets.
Link Posted: 3/27/2005 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Spring Valley Reserve?

I found Spring Valley on a map at MapQuest,it is just south of Xenia,Ohio on 42.I cannot find any info on the range such as a exact location,range hours or how to get the pass.I am in need of a range badly so any info on this would be very helpful.
Link Posted: 3/31/2005 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By jdmtyper04:
Spring Valley Reserve?

I found Spring Valley on a map at MapQuest,it is just south of Xenia,Ohio on 42.I cannot find any info on the range such as a exact location,range hours or how to get the pass.I am in need of a range badly so any info on this would be very helpful.

It's easy to find. Here's a map:

www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/PDF/pub032.pdf

You can get a range pass anywhere that sells hunting licenses - Walmar or K-mart (there's a Kmart in Xenia that sells them if you're on your way there). I think they're $5 per day.

Nice range, but anal....pretty much good for sighting in and that's about it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2005 4:46:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mobius] [#9]

Originally Posted By swingset:

Nice range, but anal

pretty much how the GRAND RIVER range is. on a cease fire, all weapons on the line have to have a flag in the chamber and open bolt, and the shooters have to be behind a yellow line behind the weapons when folks are going down to change out targets or retrive them.........and truthfully I wouldn't want it any other way. you really don't know what kind of goober is going to be at the range.......would you want one fiddling with a rifle while you're down range changing out a target? I certainly don't......the ranges where there is no range officer or safety is the ones I fear the most, and don't even go to........there are some stupid people out there, and having a gun just makes them DANGEROUSLY STUPID
Link Posted: 4/20/2005 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody know a good place for Blasting/Plinking in SW Ohio? I live near loveland and used to shoot out at FSA till they started acting all anal with rifles. Ive been shooting at Spring Valley lately, neither of these places allow anything but paper. Im just mainly looking for a pit or something to have some fun and shoot at some more reactive targets.
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone know where i can go bump fireing and rapid fireing my AR-15 I live in Lebanon Ohio thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Gunny,
I'm in norwood.  Where are you?  Sorry it took so long to get back.  Just seperated the military and moved back here.  Just trying to find a good place to shoot with out using a tank of gas.  Will try and check it out.  Let me know if you have any more info or you u want to get a bunch of people together for a shoot sometime.  [email protected]  Will check my email more often.  Usually everyday.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:54:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm located in Stark County, Canton area & been shooting the practical pistol games for a long time.  Have been to Youngstown, Ft Harmar, Tusco, & 2 ranges that are now defunct (Copley PD/OPS range & the old Goodyear Zepplin range in the basement of the old post office - now torn down & a parking lot).  Lately I've been shooting at a private range south of Canton called Faircrest LLC.  The owner is developing a 1st class facility that can handle any legally owned weapon - really cool place.  There's an IDPA club called GTA that runs monthly matches there & they've been trying 3-gun & tactical rifle/sniper matches.  Their website is kinda difficult to navigate but I hear they're working on that.  gta.hn.org
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I just shot a 3-gun match at Greenport Tactical Association in Stark County.  Very cool.  they had two rifle stages, a shotgun and a pistol.  I screwed the pooch on the shotgun, fumbled a reload.

They're an IDPA club and their next match will be June 19, but they are going to have a Single Stack cCassic  for 1911's June 26 and a sniper team match august 28.  I gotta find someone with a groundhog gun to team up with.

I'm in akron so it was a drive, but they are full auto friendly and that very cool.

google "Greenport Tactical Association" to find them.  the website is clunkly , but you can find a map and address.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#15]
i am a member of the s.o.d.f. we shoot down in zanesville once or twice amonth
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody know if Bullet Camp will be at Green port Tactical Assoc. This Sunday (June 20)?  I couldn't find it on their web site (WWW.GTA.HN.Org) and I do so enjoy the Bang and Clang of steel.

IDPA is a lot more fun then Bullseye, and with CCW in  Ohio it sounds like the right thing to do.

I'll be the guy with the Camo paints.  See you there!  
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#17]
They are building an indoor range in Springfield right off of I-70.  Its going to have 10-15 rifle/pistol lanes, 8 archery lanes and a live fire simulator.  They are also going to have a store on site with guns, ammo and equipment for sale.  The owners said they are going to have leagues and other events.  Looks like its going to be a real state of the art facility.  Its supposed to open in the fall.  I cant remember the name, but Im sure they will be doing some advertising when they get closer to their opening date.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Anybody belong to the Youngstown rifle club, I think thats what it's called, the one out by the air base in Vienna. I am thinking of going out there and signing up on I belive it's the 7th of Aug.

Any info you could give would be apreciated. ie. range rules firearms not permitted etc. etc. thanks.

Later, Dave
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:24:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sigfest] [#19]
+1 for ORCO

+1 for ARGC

ORCO has a small problem being the city of Geneva wants to emminent domain it's rifle range so they can build a park.  Bunch of crap.

Nota--You work weekends only?  I wonder if we know the same Andy. I grew up in Kingsville BTW.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Briar Rabbit is great!!!

me and a buddy got a membership there yesterday.....that place is great.....worth the money in every way for a membership....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#21]
In the franklin , Delaware ohio area there is the range in the state park cost 3 dollars a day or 20 bucks a year. then there is blackwing shooting club they have a indoor range for rifle ,pistol, shotgun and a 50 place skeet / trap range outside too as well as a store for everything you might need abit pricy in my book 10 bucks a day on the indoor ranges but its unlimited time as long as its not past there hours.
                     thx Jim
hinking.gifhinking.gifhinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I heard that the rifle range at Deer Creek is closed for some repairs, can anyone confirm this?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#23]
www.lauhorner.com
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Spring Valley Reserve?

Spring Valley is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, I forgot a few times and went out there only to be disappointed.  It is five miles north of Caesar's Creek.  You take US 42 to the range and follow the signs there.  You have to get a permit from the DNR to shoot there where you buy hunting licenses BEFORE YOU GO THERE.  You can't buy a permit at the range.  It's a nice range and they recently paved the parking lot.  

If you live in the Cincinnati area you have Spring Valley to shoot at. Target World 25yd indoor range in Sharonville; no centerfire rifles.  You can go to Crittenden, Ky. off I-75 42 mi. south of cincinnati where they have 18" diameter tubes to shoot thru from 25 tp 100 yds (and a 300 yd range open to clubs).  

There's Miller's Campground in Franklin, Oh; a private campground and range (no exploding targets).  
Then there are the Miami Valley Club which has been posted by a member, the Fairfield Sportsmen's Club and the Butler County Sportsmen's Club which require membership.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 9:30:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SBR7_11] [#25]

Spring Valley Reserve?

Operation hours is posted in those free hunting guide books you get where ever you buy your hunting license, and range costs,  and info maybe on-line on the ODR site.

Looking at your MapQuest again....

Spring Valley along 42, buy your pass at the Country Store if they still sell.    

Proceed south on 42 from  Spring Valley maybe 2 mile,  turn east on Roxanna-New Burlington Rd (there is a canoe rental place on the corner)....

Go east  to the first  road on left, that is Houston Rd, turn left....

Go up to top of hill, and watch for the entrance on the right.

When you drive in, you'll see the shotgun field there on left, follow driveway in and down the hill to the main range/parking lot.

YMMV, I have not been there for approx 10yr now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By 1stCavVet:
www.lauhorner.com

I live 15 min away, they also offer a wide variety of classes, EI tactical rifle(ar15) and CCW with several options in that. They are open 7 days a week and they are friendly as hell, when in there this past monday and was about attacked. I got to see first hand the live fire simulator. Talk about cool!!! Prices are pretty decent. 149$ yearly single person 250$ year family pass 2+ people. I live Urbana area, where you located 1stcavVet?

-Ross
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I live in Springfield.  Ive been in there a couple of times since they opened.  I also got to see the simulator.  $15 for 30 minutes isnt bad.  You can go through alot of different scenarios and alot of ammo in 30 minutes.    The've also got some pretty decent prices on ammo and accessories. They have 50 rd boxes of .223 for just over $10.   I just bought a new house and between my job and working on the house, I havent had a chance to do much shooting, but after I get moved in I'll probably spend some time there, especially through the winter.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Ya it's a nice place i like it, very cozy feeling with the fireplace and all. My dads expressed that i might be getting a membership for christmas so i'll be a regular there i imagine. Maybe you'll see me in there i'm the guy with ACE hardware parts holding my sling to my AR. What was the 5.56? When i was in there last i think all i saw was some ss109 and american eagle stuff. I like there body silouhette targets for a 1$ too, all day shooting fun!

-Ross
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Miller's Gun Club, located at Miller's Campground on 6964 Townshipline Rd.  Waynesville, Oh 45068.  This location is between St Rt 48 and St Rt 42, off St Rt 73. Tim Miller is the owner and can be reached at 937 572 2309.  Annual membvership is currently $35.00 or shoot for a $5.00 day pass.  

up to 200 yard shots, up to 200 yard range, roofed shelter 100" from backstop.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:18:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pita45] [#30]
I belong to: Greenport Tactical Association.  
They are in Waco Ohio. ht!!This is South of Canton on Rt. 43. just pass Rt. 30.
Turn on to Bome Rd..To Greeneport
The club is an IDPA Club .... BUT wait!!!!!
have(NO true nazis.... haveWe have a rifle night a mouth.
( not saying you can not shoot your rifle any other time)
There is talk about an AR-15 class this spring.
How it works, How to take it apart!
We did a Single Stack Classic for 1911 style firearms last year.
Hopefully this year as well.
We had a two man sniper match, the second one. (Two man, two guns)
Range size hard to say:   Some are set for pistil others are for long range. Way over 100 yd.
Now they are not open daily:heyThey have one match a month. Which is pistil... BUT rifle, shotgun and sub guns can be found.
If your still reading....h.gif here is the best part: Dues are only $30.00 a year single and $45.00 a couple.
An last but not leasthey(with  all the right paper work)
If that is not enough the landlord is VARY GUN friendly. Shoot most of our matches. Loves
rifles and pistil both.
Our web-page is poor....we are working on it! But you can find out more there!
Go to: www.IDPA.com
Click on Club Information... Then Ohio... We should be the first Club listed.
Go to our web page you can e-mail someone who can answer the hard question!

P.S. If you come down tell them the EX-PRESIDENT sent you!!! Hope to see many
      AR-15.com  members!hippie.gifhug.gifHAS CHECK IT OUT (Read above to see how to fine their web-page)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#31]
In the Canton area, The Firing Line in Canal Fulton, and Oiho Outdoor Sports are good.  There may be more, but I recently moved here and don't know.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By BigJ491:

Anyone in the Columbus area looking for a decent indoor range, a tad pricey, but really nice, is the New Albany Shooting Range.  The points are all electronic, great lighting, and the staff seems fairly knowledgeable.  Don't plan on buying a gun there, b/c they are overpriced.  

Not only are they over priced they tend to be full of them selves.  Tried to trade in a gun there they said they would take it one day placed the sig i wanted on hold while i got my  tax check in the bank then the next day told me they wouldent do the trade and that the were gona charge more for the sig then was on the tag.  As far as shooting I like Blackwing Shooting Center in Deleware. www.blackwingsc.com  They are extreamly friendly and are decient on prices.  There is and indoor pistol and rifle range and outdoor skeet and trap ranges.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By jjmcrowell:. Miami R & P does have the 600 yd range, but it's hardly usable with the drive way so close and that red light system to let cars by.

It may be "hardly usable" to you if you don't understand the procedure for using it.

Those who know how to use it, and are qualified by one of the rangemasters to use it, get to shoot routinely at about 3X farther than most people ever do.

In any case, Fairfield's rifle range is history.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:44:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ADaughen] [#34]
I shoot at Lauhorner in Springfield.  Buddy invited me out back in December.  I have gone ~7 times since.  Referred probably 9 people.

They didn't say boo when I brought in my POS pistol, infact they even tried to come over and see what was wrong with it when one of my friends had a FTE.  They didn't treat me any differently when I brough any of my new stuff either.

They will allow steel jacketed amuntion but not steel CORED.  Kind of a bummer.  Was trying to sell my SKS and didn't have anywhere to take the guy to shoot it this winter.  Sold it to someone else.  ;)

My soon to be father-in-law is looking at getting me into the Troy Fish and Game gun range this spring.  Private club, have to be invited by two members to get in.  25,50,100yd ranges...

Other than that, I'm probably going to check out the new place in Vandalia this weekend.  I'll let you know how it is.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:17:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tungsten189] [#35]
Thunder Valley Rifle Club in Coshocton ,OH.

The club started out as a 1000 Yard Benchrest facility.They held the I.B.S. 1000 Yard Nationals there in 2004.Now it is expanding to different disciplines.

Here is a list:

.308 Challenge
Varmit Matches 100-1000 yards
Tactical competitions
Handgun
Shotgun/muzzleloader
Spot and Stalk course
3D Archery
Gas Gun competitions

March 25th -.308 Challenge  Any rifle ,Any Sight ,Any position 1000 yard and 600 yard four target aggregate.

April 1 - 50BMG  Fun Shoot

April 8 & 9 -I.B.S. 1000 yard and 600 yard matches.Factory guns welcome.

More info to follow.

Link to website:  http://www.ohio1000yd.com
Or e-mail at [email protected]    

Contact me for further details.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone know about the Southwest Sportsman Club on Ridge Rd in North Royalton? I've heard it's open to the puclic, for a fee.....Do NRA members get a discount on dues and range time?
Link Posted: 5/31/2006 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#37]
My dad(and thus myself) are members of Pickaway County Sportsmans Incorporated(PCSI). The ranges are pretty good and a lot of popular shooing sports have competitions including CMP(HMSC,www.pcsirange.com.
Link Posted: 6/27/2006 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm in Genoa, and I think I'll be the only black rifle owner in the area.  I haven't put together the cash for it yet, but I've got a friend who talked me into a Bushmaster DCM Competition rifle for my first gun purchase ever.

I'm glad to see there's a range in Elmore, but I know of a conservation club in Oak Harbor that is rumored to have an indoor rifle range.  Anyone been to the Oak Harbor Conservation Club and shot an AR?

I'm not quite certain as to how my black rifle'll go over here.  I'll probably be arrested.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Did some research on local ranges, Oak Harbor Conservation Club in Oak Harbor, Elmore Conservation Club in Elmore, and Ottawa County Conservation League in Martin.

Oak Harbor CC
Price (Annual): $50, plus $20 initiation fee
Ranges for members only, can shoot there for free if you have a member with you.

Elmore CC
Price (Annual): $100, plus $35 initiation fee
Need to be a member to shoot

Ottawa County Conservation League
Price (Annual): $25, plus $35 NRA Fee (Need to be NRA member to join)
Location: Martin-Moline Road just over the railroad tracks in town, on the left.
Ranges for members only.

Anyone know of any other ranges in Sandusky, Ottawa, or Wood counties?  I can't shoot Lucas, because I like my damn 30-round mags.  Those seem to be illegal in Toledo.
Link Posted: 7/11/2006 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I am also looking for a range in wood county as well, but I only need a pistol range since thats all I have
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 2:29:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Can someone suggest something in northeastern ohio? I need a place to shoot my ak, and possibly my handgun. I'm in lyndhurst, I've heard great things about grand river but its so far! I'd even be willing to pay someone to let me use their land to come down and shoot on, just me and a friend who would like to bring along his sks. I've grown up around firearms all my life, just recently became old enough to purchase them, and practice proper gun safety.

Thanks,
Nick
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Anyone know if blackwingsc will allow an AR 15 on their indoor range?

Do they have one in the rental case?
Link Posted: 8/27/2006 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone know of a new range in Lorain County? Overheard someone talking about it at the last gunshow in Berea but did not get the details. I am looking for a range with at least 300m within 30 min drive of Westlake, OH to test out new weapons system.
Thanks!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2006 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#44]
height=8
Originally Posted By zapp77:
Anyone know of a new range in Lorain County? Overheard someone talking about it at the last gunshow in Berea but did not get the details. I am looking for a range with at least 300m within 30 min drive of Westlake, OH to test out new weapons system.
Thanks!!!!!!!

I've been there, its a hole in the wall thats pistol only.
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Any places to shoot rifles in So. Ohio?
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By Atreides_M1911:
Anyone know if blackwingsc will allow an AR 15 on their indoor range?

Do they have one in the rental case?

Blackwing will allow AR's in their indoor rifle range. Can't remember if they have a rental or not. I'm trying to make it there this Friday for Bowling Pin shooting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2006 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone know of an outdoor range within an hour of the north east end of Columbus that will allow full auto and a 50bmg?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2006 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm also looking for places to shoot in southern ohio, like Brown, Adams, Clermont, Highland, Clinton counties.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:36:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dadman] [#50]
Clinton Co.
Clinto County Farmers' and Sportsmans' Assoc.
ccfsa.com/

Adams Co.
Tranquility Wildlife Area
www.daytondailynews.com/rec/content/recreation/guides/deer/tranquility.html

www.dnr.ohio.gov/wildlife/shooting/granges.htm

Bubba's Backyard
Here and There

Page / 9
Tacked Places to shoot in Ohio (Page 3 of 9)
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top