Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2023 11:47:03 AM EDT
Our fearless leader Flak-Magnet is taking a couple months off from coordinating / cooking the chicken fajitas. Hopefully we see him at the hike.

This will be held at the same place as the last few months, Lead Mine Conservation Area

https://mdc.mo.gov/sites/default/files/2023-06/8024map.pdf

On the map there is only one camping area with a privy, that is where camp is. We have been camping in the same spot for a few months and the firewood has been used up from that spot, so we might shift to the other side of the Privy. But it is the same place, same parking lot.

Schedule:

July 29th; Hike - Camping

Dinner; around 6pm - TBD

Hike - Start  time around 9:30pm. We will likely have two groups spaced about 15 minutes apart. One NVG and one non-NVG.

Some of us will be camping over night.

July 30th; Firearms

Wake up early, make breakfast and head to the range. Course of fire TBD. Bring a rifle, three mags and a way to carry them. 50 rounds max.

APC standards we will be striving for:
6mi Ruck under 2 hours while carrying 35lbs + rifle or 45lbs and no rifle.
Even if you do not think you can do the full APC weight or time, come anyway and enjoy get a work out in. The standard is primarily there as a goal and for those who wish to attend some of the national APC events.

Handheld radios; Primary MURS channel 2. Secondary MURS channel 1.

NOTE;

If you have not hiked here before, and are not 100% sure you can keep pace...... please show up early so that you can be briefed on the course of travel. It will be dark, there is a lot of elevation change and this is not a walking trail at the local dog park.

Dinner, breakfast and targets for the range will be provided.

Ticks are really bad this year....... bug spray. Lots of bug spray.

Radio Nerds; I will be arriving earlier on Sat 7/29 to do radio stuff. If you are interested in HF radio, or need assistance with your handheld radios, shoot me a message and plan on getting down there around lunch Saturday. I can bring stuff to program your Baofang/Etc or TYT DMR digital radio if needed.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I won’t be making this one. Have fun boys!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a great time, but I don't think I could physically do it.

Have fun and be safe!
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm free for this one. May try to make it.

I have Scout camp all week beforehand, so I don't know how useful I'll be.

Worth a try though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
One week out.

Bump.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry wasn't able to make it this time. Had the strike looming (UPS) and I didn't work out enough for this trip. My son said he did though. Sounds like you and him were the only ones.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the next one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry wasn't able to make it this time. Had the strike looming (UPS) and I didn't work out enough for this trip. My son said he did though. Sounds like you and him were the only ones.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the next one.
View Quote

It cooled down nicely after the hour long thunder storm.

Nice weekend to camp for July.

Enjoy this high quality picture of walking in the woods at night.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top