Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2023 8:51:46 AM EDT
Our fearless leader Flak-Magnet is taking a couple months off from coordinating / cooking the chicken fajitas. Hopefully we see him at the hike.

This will be held at the same place as the last few months, Lead Mine Conservation Area

On the map there is only one camping area with a privy, that is where camp is. We have been camping in the same spot for a few months and the firewood has been used up from that spot, so we might shift to the other side of the Privy. But it is the same place, same parking lot.

Schedule:

April 28; Optional camping - Training

Arrival time; My goal is to get down there mid-day Friday to setup radio stuff. Most folks show up 4pm or later.

Training; Basic Low Light Shooting
: Nothing fancy, just some simple stuff.

We will leave camp at 7pm to go to the range. Once at the range; we will have time to conduct a Safety Brief and dry fire practice. You must be at the Safety Brief to shoot the low light course. Sun down is approx 7:45 local time.

Equipment;

Required: Headlamp light and/or handheld light.

Option 1: Rifle with affixed white light. Option 2: Rifle night vision / active or passive aiming. Option 3: Handgun with handheld light.

- Please have a sling attached to your rifle. Please have a holster for your handgun, which can be safely drawn and holstered under low light conditions. A floppy holster which can get snagged in the trigger guard is not a safe holster.

Eye/Ear protection; three magazines. 50 rounds of ammo (probably wont use that much). Something to hold your magazines will be of benefit, as there will be multiple magazine changes and stowing of partially loaded magazines.

Back to camp by 9pm.

Dinner will be after the range. TBD. Without Flak-Magnet I might be warming up Cliff Bars and slamming Monsters.

April 29th; Hike Start time 9am from camp.

APC standards we will be striving for:
6mi Ruck under 2 hours while carrying 35lbs + rifle or 45lbs and no rifle.
Even if you do not think you can do the full APC weight or time, come anyway and enjoy get a work out in. The standard is primarily there as a goal and for those who wish to attend some of the national APC events.

Handheld radios; Primary MURS channel 2. Secondary MURS channel 1.

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Well it looks like I'm going to miss this one Got a new pair of boots and broke them in, in hopes of making it all the way this time. But its my wife's Birthday on the 28th.

If you schedule a May hike for Led Mine let me know
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well it looks like I'm going to miss this one Got a new pair of boots and broke them in, in hopes of making it all the way this time. But its my wife's Birthday on the 28th.

If you schedule a May hike for Led Mine let me know
View Quote

Hope to see you at a future one. Better keep the Mrs happy.

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
My schedule hasn't allowed for me to make one of these yet. I'm hoping to make this one work.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My schedule hasn't allowed for me to make one of these yet. I'm hoping to make this one work.
View Quote

Hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Tics seem to be thick this year.

Time to cycle seasonal gear back into the ruck like bug spray. Also a good reminder to have tweezers in your hygiene/med kit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I am going to come down Friday around 4:30 pm.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am going to come down Friday around 4:30 pm.
View Quote

Cool. See you there.

I will bring stuff for dinner / breakfast. I will check with the other guys on who is bringing lunch.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Im coming Saturday for the hike. Will be sad to miss the camping, but excited to do battle with the tics and hills!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top