Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 2:23:27 PM EDT
Thought I'd drop by and introduce myself to ya'll.

Been in Arizona for about 4 years now.  Escaped here from Illinois, where I was a copper.  Needn't worry about me bringin' any silly yankee ideas with me, as I was born and raised in Texas.

I'm especially lookin' for any folks who like to wheel and might be willin' to show me the good spots.  My XJ is stock atm, but I am waiting on the scratch for a RE 5.5 lift and some 35s.

I do all my shooting out off of Reddington...found a couple of nice spots way back farther in than the first three places everyone talks about.  Soon as I get around to it, I have a bunch of steel targets...poppers, plates, trees etc etc that I'll be unpacking (finally).  Anyone that wants is more than welcome to play around with them.

10-32
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the AZHTF forum at arfcom. Enjoy your stay

As far as good spots to wheel down here in the Tucson area, I've heard the trail off Redington rd to Chiva Falls rocks, theres some good roads that take you back to the old mine and ghost town of Total Wreck AZ off of I-10 or off of Sonoita Highway. Message me for details if you want

A heads up, I'm pretty sure shooting has been resticted to the three spots you hear about. I heard they will ticket you for shooting anywhere else off of Redington. They don't want people tearing up the vegitation like whats happened at the other three spots.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the board, fellow Jeep owner!!!!

Here's my new TJ.  

and this is my old YJ....sniff...I really miss that little Jeep......

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome. Check out some of the ranges around when you get time. Pima County has one behind the fair grounds off Houghton. Its a nice range for shooting paper and sighting in, folks are real friendly. Its good for 200 yards.
Tucons Rifle Club has steel siloutes on one range out to 500 meters. Lots of different ranges there, its out at Three Points. On the second saturday they have a tactical shoot that starts at 4pm, shooting rifle, shotgun, pistol on steel.
There is a range on Valencia that is supposed to start up their IDPA on wensday evening again.

Glad to hear from ya, hope to shoot your steel sometime.

10-32 from my limited experiance was call in the MPs. (on a marine base experiance, ha ha ha)
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome aboard MWG, there are a lot of places around here to get off road.
We usually wait till it's not quite so darn hot (like December).
Once it cools off a little, come on up to Florence, there are trails rated from granny's car up to rock crushers in this area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top