Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2006 5:21:09 AM EDT
I followed the instructions that are pinned in the NFA paperwork section shown here, by the way they are so exact it is scary. I got the young trooper and yes I did have to do my print card over again. So I went and did the card and mailed them back but it has been a total of 6 weeks scince than and have heard nothing back about my CLEO signoff and have not gotten my paperwork back. I have never comitted a crime, or even had a trafic ticket, as a matter of fact I had a permit to carry in Maryland for over 9 years. So I know my background is not the problem. My question is, does anyone know who I can contact to find out what the holdup is?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I've read here, I'd say continue to wait.  Six weeks doesn't sound like long enough.

I went and waisted almost 2 hours last week to get printed.  When I went to turn the stuff in next door, the guy there told me the print cards looked like shit and I needed to do them again.  Hooray.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
rdblan2, the MSP is usually the faster part of the equation, the BATFE may be the side of it that your thinking of  - they notoriously take 'forever'. . .

If your paperwork is still tied up with MSP, it IS getting to be a long time and you can call "Licensing Division" at 410-799-0191 to see what the problem is. They took awhile with one of mine too, which seemed to break loose not too long after I inquired.

For MSP, you'll need to provide your name, DOB and SSN for an answer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't panic. It's been exactly 8 weeks to the day that I dropped off my paperwork to the State. I called last week and they said things are "really backed up". Hopefully the officer reviewing my paperwork will come back from vacation soon
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:31:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Have I mentioned recently that the NFA sucks?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of NFA paperwork, while I was trying to turn in my paperwork the other day, I'm pretty sure I saw a sign in the licensing division building that said they were moving to Pikesville in September.  Did I imagine that?

Good to see you again Eshell.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Great. That means my paperwork is probably"lost" in a moving box somewhere. I figured the MSP part of the process would be the fastest. I hope i'm wrong or I'll be waiting a hell of a long time for my new toy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top