Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Well done. Hopefully this is the first step in the destruction of the SAFE act.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Nolo!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Great job Nolo.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Time to order a taser!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#5]
So does New York State now go to the NYS Appellate Court and request a stay pending an appeal by the state? I never consider any of this a victory until all appeals are exhausted, or dismissed with prejudice, and there is a final ruling.

It is good news but I am not cracking open a bottle just yet. How many times have we seen pro-2nd rulings like the 4th Circuit AWB ruling in Maryland or 9th Circuit right-to-carry ruling that get overturned on an appeal?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Great job Nolo! Thank you!  Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the SAFE Act.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Job well done!
Thank you!

Where is th line to buy a tazer???
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#9]
So, whos putting together the group buy for the Tasers Thank You NOLO!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:19:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#10]
Damn great work!!!

So was this in the 2nd circuit? Or a lower federal court?

Will it be appealed? I can't imagine it would be appealed to SCOTUS...ha.

Wow though...liberal judge knew he couldn't rule against you, but just HAD to throw this in...Since WHEN do judges give such advice to the state? What bullshit...Here comes tasers on pistol permits, and power limits that effectively make it a static shock...

To be clear, this conclusion does not foreclose thepossibility that some restriction(s) on the possession and/or use of tasers and stun gunswould be permissible under the Second Amendment. Other states have already donethis.
. § 941.295(2g)(b) (permitting possession of "electric weapon" inhome or place of business). New York might consider doing so as well.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:
Damn great work!!!

Wow though...liberal judge knew he couldn't rule against you, but just HAD to throw this in...Since WHEN do judges give such advice to the state? What bullshit...Here comes tasers on pistol permits, and power limits that effectively make it a static shock...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:
Damn great work!!!

To be clear, this conclusion does not foreclose thepossibility that some restriction(s) on the possession and/or use of tasers and stun gunswould be permissible under the Second Amendment. Other states have already donethis.
.  941.295(2g)(b) (permitting possession of "electric weapon" inhome or place of business). New York might consider doing so as well.
So in other words they can just add them to the Sullivan Law and you will then need a permit to possess and amendments to legally carry

As I said above, I ain't crackin' open the bottle yet...
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Aardvark:
So in other words they can just add them to the Sullivan Law and you will then need a permit to possess and amendments to legally carry

As I said above, I ain't crackin' open the bottle yet...
View Quote
Do they have serial numbers?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By batjka104:

View Quote
confetti in some with ID numbers on them when you fire the cartridge
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Amazing work!  Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#17]
So, which taser should I get my wife?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Doesn't everything of value hsve a serial number? All of my electronics, car, coffee maker, stove, washing machine, etc. has a serial number. Besides, they could simply say that possession is illegal without a license. Unless I am mistaken, you can have a NYS pistol license and not own a pistol.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Thank you with deep appreciation!

Bravo!
Encore!

Sincerely
Billy
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By evangrems:
We're not worthy
View Quote
+87.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Thank you Nolo and friends !!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#23]
This was discussed on Andrew Hollister's radio show today.  Great job!  Though, there is a part that is troubling... the whole "even in the home" part, and "some restrictions" part.  But, I do have a small, flickering, glimmer of hope, the hope that's down a long hallway, with an open floor, with alligators, that's about a mile long, that this may be used to fight the ban on "common" weapons in general.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Each Taser has a ser#, as well as the cartridges which also spew forth AFID tags.

So I’d wholly expect FUAC/NYS’ registration scheme to include every serialized piece of the Taser being recorded/linked to you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Cool.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Huh I didn't realize you actually reached out to legislators about proposed bills!

Are you, in a way, threatening a followup lawsuit by doing so?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
It's official.  New York has not and will not appeal the Taser/stun gun decision.  There is a bill winding its way through the senate re: possession.  I've reached out to the sponsors of said bill and will report back.
View Quote
You mean this one?
https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/s4849
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:58:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#30]
Originally Posted By PNFLDS:

You mean this one?
https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/s4849
View Quote
So basically they will only allow possession in the home or business...and they can regulate the type of stun gun, as well as limit the power.

It's the same as pepper spray in NY since you have to buy at an FFL, and it's not as powerful...except you can't carry it like pepper spray.

And people who live in counties that don't issue carry permits still can't carry a stun gun.

Thanks NY politicians...assholes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:54:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:38:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: P400] [#34]
Lol. This dude is

Marc Timpano

Lieutenant

Commanding Officer

Pistol License Section

516-573-7559
View Quote
Nassau County hates, HATES having residents that can legally own weapons of any kind. You'll hear crap like "Firearm ownership is a privilege, not a right" from these people all the time. I think it is even written in their licensing handbook.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By P400:

Nassau County hates, HATES having residents that can legally own weapons of any kind. You'll hear crap like "Firearm ownership is a privilege, not a right" from these people all the time. I think it is even written in their licensing handbook.
View Quote
Just another example of why the other colonies did not trust the colony of NY
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Why would the court not make it binding throughout the region?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Lol. This dude is

Marc Timpano

Lieutenant

Commanding Officer

Pistol License Section

516-573-7559
This is also the reason, being a resident of Nassau County, that I believe even a favorable SCOTUS ruling would never be followed. They can keep arresting people and let the taxpayers pay all the false arrest judgments just to get the message across that anyone who exercises their 2nd Amendment rights is going to get roughed up and harassed. The county has unlimited taxpayer money to waste on court cases all the while draining the bank accounts of the defendants. Nassau is second only to NYC in the amount of derp they promulgate.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 11:04:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aardvark] [#41]
Originally Posted By BushBoar:
I've seen several quotes by otherwise competent prosecutors arguing that because it was a federal court, it had no bearing on state law.

I'm pretty sure that when the 2nd Circuit affirmed the ruling on 7/10, it became law throughout the Circuit.  But I'll bet that my DA would still prosecute.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Same thing happened when the 7 in 10 ammo ban was declared unconstitutional in western district. Police and prosecutors in other districts said they would continue to enforce
I've seen several quotes by otherwise competent prosecutors arguing that because it was a federal court, it had no bearing on state law.

I'm pretty sure that when the 2nd Circuit affirmed the ruling on 7/10, it became law throughout the Circuit.  But I'll bet that my DA would still prosecute.
Of course they will. The sad fact is there is no real enforcement mechanism to make state and local officials comply. If/when Federal Marshals start arresting officials for ignoring federal rulings and throwing them in federal prison for substantial sentences, they will get away with it. The only downside to their behavior is that their "employer" has to pay out millions of dollars in settlements paid for by their constituents. In the meantime, they got their name in the news showing how tough they are on crime. Former DA Rice, now Congresscritter, made a big splash going after Long Island dealers for selling supposedly illegal MSR's. Got her name all over the news and made headlines. Never reported were the payouts Nassau County had to make for her little "mistake".
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Nolo, a serious question.

Having now seen the depths of the shit show that is NY, are you shocked at this latest development?  If you were to explain this case (NYs responses, the timeline, etc) to your peers in the legal community, would they believe you at first blush before looking up everything, or would they think you're blowing smoke up their ass?  What can we as NY'ers do to truly explain to everyone that we're not exaggerating when talking about how badly we get screwed?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#43]
You can talk untill your blue in the face... They are going to do what they want. At this point, regardless of what courts/politicians pass, LE is doing what it feels like. The mug shot thing is another example... They are just a bunch of thugs w/ guns... And they want to be the only ones w/ them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Not Monroe County at least.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#48]
There should absolutely be serious personal liability for any agent of the state that knowingly infringes on someone constitutional rights, including prison time if it is done with malice!
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#50]
I spoke to sergeant mumblename today.... y’all hang tight. I’m coming back.
View Quote
Many of us have suffered under these types for a long time. The only effective way to find relief has been to move somewhere else.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top