Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
@gamecockoperator

Wow, you have had a tough week. So happy to hear that you will be discharged soon.

Praying for your continued recovery and healing.

God bless
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MarkBinSC:
@gamecockoperator

Wow, you have had a tough week. So happy to hear that you will be discharged soon.

Praying for your continued recovery and healing.

God bless
View Quote

Mark thanks so much for the prayers and kind words.  I was lucky and was discharged on that friday.  I went home however on oxygen tanks.  Then they came and delivered the Trilogy machine, and the oxyen concentrator, and all 7 tanks of oxygen.  I basically have to be on oxygen now for an unknown time period.  they had it set up that i'd have this little cart that carried 2 oxygen tanks (E style, the bgger of the 2 styles) and i'd be pulling the cart around behind me everywhere i go. talk about a drag.  it was a quality of life thing, i had a boat anchor it felt like tied around my neck and i couldnt go anywhere with them without a whole production of step having friends help me load the o2 tanks into the truck or car, me getting comfortable, and hooking up the o2 to me once everythings loaded in the car, and then when we got to where we going having to get them all out and pull the tank wherever i go... then wash and repeat, until im ready to go home or to the next stop..  And then at home every night i have a trilogy machine (like a super c-pap machine) that i have to be on all night long every night while i sleep. I can handle the night time machine and the oxygen concentrator when im awake i plug up to it instead of the trilogy machine and wear it while im home. i then only use the tanks when i go mobile.e.

Last week i had an appointment with my pulmanologist and i told them i was going out of town monday for my 20th wedding anniversary.  I told them it would be so much nicer if i didnit have to lug around tanks of 02 but rather had one of those backpack/shoulder pack machines that produced o2 for you on battery while you walk around.  It was like pulling teeth to get the company to even admit they hd them but finally they were set to bring it by monday (today) first thing which to them was 1100.. because i had told them i was going to my anniversary vacation, at 12.  they had to evidently do a test to make sure the backpack can support me or not.  well they didnt show up until 1215, but by the time it was all said and done, I got the backpack machine!!! NO MORE OXYGEN TANKS TO CARRY!! thank goodness... now i feel like i am nw half a man at least as i can get mobile somewhat more easily now. Im so thankful for that. So we left the house for our trip / vacation 2 hours late, didnt leave till 2 pm, but its been great so far, as i nowh have the portable pack ccharging, and all is going good with it. So far im very tankful that its working out. hopefully i'll get healthy and not need the 02 at all, but for now its a victory.  

thanks again for all your prayers and kind words.. i'll keep yall updated.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top