Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
12/27/2011 2:48:44 PM EDT
Is any one familiar with a cigar friendly restaurant / bar in northern NJ. I am aware of a few that are publically advertised as such.  I am looking for the ones who don't come out and scream Cigar Bar, maybe a small place with a "Back Room" if you know what I mean ??
12/28/2011 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I know an awesome place in Bloomfield, but it's not "family friendly."
12/28/2011 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm speak easy's for smokers..............
12/28/2011 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe its on Willow Street
12/28/2011 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
RJ Reynolds on Rt. 10 in Whippany.
Bar, food and cigars.
12/28/2011 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
RJ Reynolds on Rt. 10 in Whippany.
Bar, food and cigars.


Are you referring to J&R? I cant find a place named RJ Reynolds but it looks like that's the parent co. of J&R.

Thanks for the replies, I am aware of Tit$&@;:ous, Jaimies, J&R, & The Brick House. I think "scatterbrains" said it best, I am looking for a quality restaurant with a Cigar speakeasy.
12/29/2011 5:32:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I think he must have meant J&R.  

If you want a good meal, the food at Tits is great - and I don't just mean the "bar food" (which is excellent as well).  I've eaten there several times and they've never disappointed.
12/30/2011 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#7]
There is an inconspicuous place in Jersey City on Grove Street between Morgan and Bay Streets.  There is so sign out front but I think they have a wooden indian.  They sell fine cigars and pipe tobacco, and have some sort of arrangement where people can sit down inside and smoke.  There are usually at least three people lounging inside when I pass by, and sometimes some of them appear to be sipping whiskey.  I went in there once, but I don't smoke cigars and deeply offended eveyone present when I asked for hookah supplies.  They didn't seem very welcoming of outsiders, which sounds like what you want.  Don't know if they serve food, but there is an awesome Polish deli right next door, and one of the best restaurants in JC, Soul Flavors, is a block down.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In