Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 7:31:35 AM EDT
I'm relatively new to 1911s. With the slide off my pistol,should I be able to wiggle the ejector. It doesn't seem like a good thing,is it common?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#1]
No, you shouldn't be able to wiggle the ejector at all...it should be pretty much rock-solid.

What kind of 1911? Some companies glue them in instead of pinning them in..check in the slide groove on the frame; you should see, above the grip, a hole of some kind and either a solid, or roll, pin in that hole, extending through the width of the frame to the other side..this holds the ejector in.

If you don't have that...erk. That's out of my league for fixing. (Still a junior here.)
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Though it's not a good thing when an ejector wiggles, it's not necessarily going to make the gun malfunction.  If it shoots fine, I wouldn't worry too much.  If it has erratic ejection, then either take it to a smith, or you can try a do it yourself project.  It's not the easies thing in the world to replace, but it's also not all that hard if someone explains it to you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It does have a small roll pin holding it in, and it feeds and ejects without any flaw so far. Just looking for opinions on whether or not it needs immediate attention. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like it was simply not fit well at the factory.  If it ejects reliably, don't worry.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top