Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 7:13:35 PM EDT
I'll elaborate some here, I came back to the 1911 after fifteen years with Baretta 92's.  I bought a 1917 Colt over the summer and can't leave it alone so selling all others.  I didnt buy the 1917 as an every week shooter so found an Essex framed parts kit.  The Essex has a Remington Rand slide and all GI parts but not sure of the manufacturers.  Everything parked but the slide stop and barrel which are blued.  The gun came with a Colt (marked on floor plate "colt 45 auto") magazine which sucks because the follower catches on the body.  I bought two Chip McCormick mags that seem okay for $12 each at AIM.

Now for the ejection problem, I used federal ammo (red box with eagle).  With the Colt mag I had two failures to eject after 25 rounds (one case caught between slide and barrel and one stove pipe).  Came back with McCormick mag and one fail to eject in 25 rounds caught again between barrel and slide.  This is all the input I have at this time but will try anything, and the ammo was from two different boxes if that matters.

Thanks Guys,  any input here would be great and welcome.   Joecav

PS the Colt runs 100%
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
try different ammo. Also maybe alittle more bend in extractor might help, but i would let a gunsmith do that unless u have the adjusting jig
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top