Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 7:23:18 PM EDT
i have a kimber target II with the adjustable sights. I would like to have a adjustable with tritium bar and tritium up front. I was wondering who is a good maker to get them from? I also read something about bo-mar and wilson cuts. What do these all mean? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Differant cuts for differant types of sight mnf.  I like the adjustable ones that are from MMC.  Check them out.  you can call and order direct or go through Brownell's.

Aim straight and have fun
Jon
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The MMCs will not fit the Kimber.  They only make it for the factory fixed sight cut, according to their website, and Brownells only catalogs one for the fixed sight cut.

The front sight on your gun is a standard Novak front sight cut.  The front sight is considerably shorter on Kimbers, so you will want to measure the height of your sight, and then order a tritium front that will fit a Novak front sight cut or Kimber factory front.  

Bo-Mar and Wilson have their own sight cuts.  They are different than the Kimber cut, though they all look similar.  If you want a trtium bar rear sight for your gun, you have two very viable options, which will require a little footwork on your part.  

Bo_mar makes the BMCS-K rear sight, which is their sight made to fit the Kimber adjustable sight profile.  They also make their standard BMCS with a tritium bar.  My guess is that if you call them, they can probably put a trtium blade from a standard BMCS on a BMCS-K for you, but only they can tell you if it's possible.

The other option is to call Kimber.  They do not list a Kimber adjustable rear with a trtium bar, but they make one, and it's standard equipment on the Kimber Grand Raptor.  I'm sure they can sell you one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top