Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2005 9:53:50 PM EDT
I'm looking to pick up an XD here pretty soon and had some questions.

I tend not to see many holsters for these? Can they use the same holsters as certain glocks?  How about mag holders?

thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 4:18:00 AM EDT
[#1]
They have some good stuff HERE
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 7:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Holsters for the XDs are hard to find, especially for the subbie like I have. But, after visiting my local gun shop, I found a Mil-Tech holster for a Glock that fit my subbie perfectly. And at $18, I couldn't miss. It has a spare mag pouch on the "front" of the holster, too. It's adjustable, can be IWB or OWB, either hand, and comes w/ a belt clip (or you can use its belt loop). I just need a wider belt to make it all work together.

Uncle Mike's has a similar product to the Mil-Tech. Check it out here
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
www.comp-tac.com makes holsters for all the XD models as well as mag pouches and other accesories. The C-TAC is fairly popular.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Aere uncle mike's quality holsters?

I was thinking about getting one "shirt tucker" for ccw, and one kydex paddle holster for the range adn 3-gun competitions.

So here's what I'm thinking initially:

From here www.pistol-gear.com/products.php?cat=22 , a $15 Blade-Tech Injection Mold Pouch for XD.  (Is this a good brand? How does it compare to Uncle Mike's?

Holster wise, the Uncle Mike's Belt Holster for XD looks good.  Anybody have experience with it?

Also, how easy are the mags to load? Would it be beneficial to have a mag loader (same site, different section)?

Also, with the 9mm, is there an increase in reliability and a decrease in recoil with the rod and spring combo kit?

I like the XML light because of the variety of the holsters that come with it, but i'm thinking an x200a or m3x might be more reliable.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Pistol-gear and xd-hs200.com are both great
The blade tech stuff is good
Uncle mike is genaric fit
Guide rod for service is a great idea the o.e. piece are prone to break ocassionally.Less procived recoil
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Don Hume, Bianchi, Rafter S and Galco all make XD holsters. XD holsters are not hard to find. I have been using a Don Hume PCCH since they first started making them two years ago. Use it daily for my standard. Go over to XDTalk and look in the accessories section.

ETA: Glock holsters DO NOT work with the XD.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]
G-Code Kydex.   you can custom order it the way you want it and is available with dif attatchments for however style you want to wear it.  Adjustable tension also.

Link Posted: 11/19/2005 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#8]
So far I really like these 2 holsters:

Tactical Tailor Modular Holster (Not sure if this will fit the XD, any experiences with it?
www.optactical.com/modularholster.html

CQC Serpa Holster
www.optactical.com/noname8.html

Mag Carriers
www.optactical.com/pimagposi.html

And an Uncle Mikes Kydex mag carrier.

My thinking is to have one set of gear for in the field and camping, and another set for daily use and for 3-gun matches.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 4:05:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Blackhawk is making holsters for the XDs too.  I bought one of their paddle styles just to check it out.  I'd say it's on line with most of the other plastic holsters out there.  It’s a bit too bulky for concealed carry though.

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I found this guy how is going to be making a run of Xd custom holster and they are very reasonable for a Leather/Kydex
www.crossbreedholsters.com/
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#11]
tagged

TC
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I have "The Answer" by Tucker Gunleather and it is great. I carry my 5" and my 3" in it and it is very comfortable. Plus Rob Longenecker is a great guy and very helpful with any questions or problems.

Tucker Gunleather

96Ag
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I have tried quite a few holsters for my XD sub but the Comp-Tac CTAC is the best.  I use no other and i recommend it all the time.  The gun fits in it well and is very stable.   You can adjust it for cant and how low in sits in your pants.

www.gunnersalley.com/product/COMPTACCTAC

Link Posted: 11/25/2005 12:08:49 AM EDT
[#14]
If you order direct they have more clip options. I have the J clips on mine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:40:30 AM EDT
[#15]
+1 comp-tac c-tac use one every day
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
+1 comp-tac c-tac use one every day

+2  I used a C-Tac for my 3" XD for about 6 months before I switched to a 1911
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#17]
tag
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#18]
bump
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top