Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/8/2002 11:45:11 AM EDT
Available yet? Price?

Any impressions?

mags compatible with the M9?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 7:08:37 PM EDT
I fondled one today at the Lakeland gun show. Its still a 92/96 the grip is different.The backstrap isnt curved its straight and the trigger is set farther back. Its also thinner. If someone felt that the 92/96 was too big grip wise they would probably feel much more comfortable with the vertec.
Its not for me though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:31:43 PM EDT
Actually the flat backstrap is what turned me on to the Vertec, reminds me of the 1911. Not big on Berettas, but this looks promising.

I have seen them for sale for about $550, so I answered two of my questions. I read on other boards that the trigger is not great, anyone have a similar complant?

A big selling factor would be if it is mag compatible with the 92/96 series. Anyone know this?
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:58:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:49:21 AM EDT

Well everyone I've talked too that has been selling them, along with Beretta USA, say they will accept all (factory) preban hicaps. I haven't tried it out myself yet so not 100% sure. I can't wait to try one of my factory 20's in it though, you can also use the hi-caps in the new 9000, have you guys seen the ad? The standard mag that comes with it has a floorplate that extends down to add a pinkie finger rest, just by gripping the gun I think. Then it pops back up when you let go. Hicaps plus the new 9000 equals the perfect carry gun in my opinion, haven't tried it yet though.
I also really like the Steyr M9, for a carry pistol it has alot of unique features, like the trapezoidial sights, those things kick a$$!; The grip is super comfortable too, its also very compact, and you can still find hi-caps for it if you got skills.
I currently have the M-9, but want to get the Vertec and have it refinished by ...umm..Tuff Coat ...I think.. can't remember if that's the name or not, but it's the best stuff out there. I need some opinions though; Do you think I should get the stainless or the black ? Remember it's going to refinished an Olive Drab color, so your not going to see the color underneath it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2002 10:36:17 PM EDT
Absolutely 100% sure all 9x magazines fit in the Vertec. Perfect flush fit too for the standard 15 round magazines.
If I was going to buy one, I would buy the Beretta Vertec Elite IA. It is their G config which is a decocker only, no external safety.
The slide is the brigadier version and is a bit thicker, and it has the standard 92 series trigger.
All Vertec's have light or laser rails ahead of the trigger guard.
The reason the finish rubs off of the barrel is because the 9x series pistols barrel free floats during recoil of the slide. Wiggle your barrel, even when in battery it will move. This is one of the reasons the Beretta is so reliable. If debris is in the way, it can adapt. It looks like shit, but I'm willing to deal with it for the benefit. I would bet any finish you put on it would get ate off.
On my duty gun which is a Beretta 92g Elite II, I had the frame teflon coated by TTI in Virginia when I had mine modified. No wear whatsoever on the frame rails or mag well.
The slide and barrel on the Elite II are stainless, so no finish problems can occur.
Standard Vertec 9xfs series pistols will run around 550, and the 9xg will be about 600.
I considered getting the Elite IA and putting the frame on my Elite II, but I didn't want to get a new holster, and have that one teflon coated. I probably would have beveled the rails off of it.
Good luck.
-Steve
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:44:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By stevenb:
I would bet any finish you put on it would get ate off.-Steve

Alright, you made me look it up. The coating I was referring too was Fit 4 Duty. The same finish that Springfield and Wilson Combat use.

It comes in 18 different glossy or flat colors to support mission requirments. Their high gloss finishes require no polishing. Currently, their Holland Brown dresses the new special ops SPR sniper rifle that has been doing good work in Trashcanistan.

KG Gun Kote is a thin, hard, moly-based phonolic resin coating that resists all forms of abrasion.

"DutyGuard-Gun Kote" is formulated by KG Industries for Fit-4-Duty. Gun requires no lubrication and trigger pull is much smoother after coating.

"Best of the Best" DG Gun Kote- was developed for use on military weapons and the SEAL teams were the first to recognize its efficacy and use the product.

Time to get the old duty pistol refinished eh' ?

If you want more info, Combat Handguns did a feature on it in their November 02' mag.

Top Top