Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 8:16:22 AM EDT
I am now officially member of the Kimber Clan just ordered the CDP11. I was wondering what you all would reccomend for a good CCW Holster. Something that gives maximum protection for the weapon, but also is comfortable to wear. I do a lot of driving so I will be sitting for long distances. Any suggestions appreciated. Also where is the best place to get Wilson Combat Mags for the gun.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIIW, I carry a Pro CDPII almost daily.  (some will hate this but it works for me) end up in a car a lot, I carry crossdraw, w/CDP tucked into waist band, like I say it works, it's easy and seatbelt doesn't block, Galico makes a really good IWB that will work crossdraw too, have one for Officer sized guns.  

Again a for what it is worth.  try as many things as you can see what works.  A belt slide works well for strong side carry, but strong side (assuming rt handed) often gets blocked by seat belt latch.  Where can you reach when you are all buckled up (lot more likely to need seat belt than CDP).  

good luck in your search for the perfect holster for your needs.  Can be a long term project.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info I am sure I will experiment. Good suggestion on crossdraw I never considered that Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Mags, I've bought on Ebay, Natchez, and a Group Purchase over at 1911forums.

I use a Mitch Rosen 5jr-pres

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 or Wilson Combat Featherweight IWB.

The versa max is the favorite of pretty much everyone that owns it, i like the the featherweight more though.  

all depends on how they fit you - those are the best two that i can think of.  and they are both very comfy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Kramer IWB 3.  Best inside the pants holster going(recommend the screws rather than the snaps).  I thought the whole horsehide hype was junk till I bought one.  Living a few miles away from Alessi holsters, I had to find a very good reason not to buy one.  

The car draw is tough though.....I have a Compact CDP II.  

http://www.gokart.net/cgi-bin/store.cgi/kramer?page=/index1.html&cart_id=%%cart_id%%
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out Mitch Rosen - they're outstanding holsters, though you'll pay a bit more than the larger companies's rigs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top