User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 67
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:55:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dcs12345] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tranquility:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/365646/20220718_201552_jpg-2458479.JPG

Kind of wish I had went with the 507K but I'm still pretty happy with it.
View Quote

Having both, I greatly prefer the larger window of the 507C vs the K….especially on G19 sized slides.

Finally got the chance to sight in my 507k topped Arex Delta and a P80 compact build with a 507C.

First shot with the Arex (happened to be sighting in at 15 yards….)   Well, that is going to make sighting in a little quicker
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:51:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#2]
@J-pat

can you post the better quality pic here?
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility] [#3]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:

Having both, I greatly prefer the larger window of the 507C vs the K….especially on G19 sized slides.

Finally got the chance to sight in my 507k topped Arex Delta and a P80 compact build with a 507C.

First shot with the Arex (happened to be sighting in at 15 yards….)   Well, that is going to make sighting in a little quicker
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82036/91D36586-5138-4802-80AB-5DE5DD938CFD-2463147.jpg
View Quote

I am glad to hear that. The 507C being wider than the slide it seemed big but I don't have much experience with anything smaller.

Nice shooting by the way! It's a good feeling when gear just works for you right off the bat.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]

I am glad to hear that. Thr 507C being than the slide it seemed big but I don't have much experience with anything smaller.

Nice shooting by the way! It's a good feeling when gear just works for you right off the bat.
View Quote

The accuracy didn’t stay to that level….  But it wasn’t horrible either.  It was better than what I can do with irons at that distance though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:36:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: J-Pat] [#5]
by request

Very straightforward question.

When you engage a target at distance, possibly in a fight for your life - do you want to shoot like this

or like this.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:37:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By J-Pat:
by request

When you engage a target at distance - do you want to shoot like this

https://i.imgur.com/u6bjDPp.png

or like this.

https://i.imgur.com/LF1bMV9.png
View Quote
@Fooboy
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#7]
by request

When you engage a target at distance, possibly in a fight for your life - do you want to shoot like this

or like this.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#8]
by request

or like this.

View Quote
Thanks.  Added to OP table of contents.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:07:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#9]
Re-posting this from GD thread here so can be kept in table of contents at bottom of first post. Credit for idea to Dave_M

-

If you present and you can't see the dot, your irons are unacceptably out of alignment. Look at these examples.

Would this be an acceptable irons sight picture? No. A miss.

Attachment Attached File

What about this? Look at the irons.

Attachment Attached File

Now see how far off the irons have to be to not even see the dot? Embarrassing.

Attachment Attached File

Now let's see a nice target focus with the dot in the center. The irons are looking good too. Interesting

Attachment Attached File

One more example. This cardboard target is 10Y away. With the cardboard filling the entire RMR window, if the dot isn't present you will miss the target entirely. Look at the irons.

Attachment Attached File

So - what can we conclude:
- If you can't find the dot when you draw, your presentation is trash and you use Irons as a crutch to guide the gun onto target
- When you don't see the dot in the window, your irons are also giving you an unacceptable sight picture

The dot doesn't make you slow - it just reveals a weakness.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#10]
^^^
That's well illustrated.

I would add that at close range with a proper mount, you can use the dot analog to the "flash sight picture" to make even faster hits than irons allow.
It's called "shooting the streak". I.E., not waiting for the reticle to resolve from a streak of red into a round dot. If you are correctly target focused and see the red streak on the target and break the shot it will hit. This works for the first shot at speed as well as subsequent shots in rapid fire.
Shooting the Doubles Drill I can maintain the same accuracy/splits at 15 yards as I can at 7.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By feudist:
^^^
That's well illustrated.

I would add that at close range with a proper mount, you can use the dot analog to the "flash sight picture" to make even faster hits than irons allow.
It's called "shooting the streak". I.E., not waiting for the reticle to resolve from a streak of red into a round dot. If you are correctly target focused and see the red streak on the target and break the shot it will hit. This works for the first shot at speed as well as subsequent shots in rapid fire.
Shooting the Doubles Drill I can maintain the same accuracy/splits at 15 yards as I can at 7.
View Quote
Good point. I would add that is why I don't like the ACSS reticle with outer ring. It adds a lot of red that messed with my "streak shooting" at very close distances.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:20:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility] [#12]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Re-posting this from GD thread here so can be kept in table of contents at bottom of first post. Credit for idea to Dave_M

-

If you present and you can't see the dot, your irons are unacceptably out of alignment. Look at these examples.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/F62E0CA1-B832-4AC7-8E6F-88888A333F4D_jpe-2463809.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/9F8D95CB-8087-492B-847F-5589249A84DF_jpe-2463810.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/3634F37C-3283-47F4-BF89-1DD26A2F68CB_jpe-2463811.JPG

Now let's see a nice target focus with the dot in the center. The irons are looking good too. Interesting

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/DEF02E6E-D5DA-4F43-BC1B-869E86082986_jpe-2463813.JPG

One more example. This cardboard target is 10Y away. With the cardboard filling the entire RMR window, if the dot isn't present you will miss the target entirely. Look at the irons.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/74CE0D27-20CF-41EE-B5BA-F86F5AE92740_jpe-2463814.JPG

- If you can't find the dot when you draw, your presentation is trash and you use Irons as a crutch to guide the gun onto target
- When you don't see the dot in the window, your irons are also giving you an unacceptable sight picture

View Quote

Would you say visable/usable cowitnessed suppressor height sights make rapid aiming easier/faster or are they a handicap that distracts you and only useful as backup sights?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:25:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#13]

Would you say visable/usable cowitnessed suppressor height sights make rapid aiming easier or are they a handicap that distracts you?
View Quote
I don't see them but I'm glad they are there. I do like the irons in front of the optic so I get to use the full window but they don't distract me as I'm focused on the target.

I prefer blacked out sights
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Henny] [#14]

Would you say visable/usable cowitnessed suppressor height sights make rapid aiming easier or are they a handicap that distracts you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

-

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/F62E0CA1-B832-4AC7-8E6F-88888A333F4D_jpe-2463809.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/9F8D95CB-8087-492B-847F-5589249A84DF_jpe-2463810.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/3634F37C-3283-47F4-BF89-1DD26A2F68CB_jpe-2463811.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/DEF02E6E-D5DA-4F43-BC1B-869E86082986_jpe-2463813.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/74CE0D27-20CF-41EE-B5BA-F86F5AE92740_jpe-2463814.JPG

I know you’re asking Fooboy, I’ve found over I’ve found that I like as little obstruction as possible in the RDS window.  That being said, I don’t really notice the ones on my G19 when I’m shooting, as my focus is on the target.  

Attachment Attached File

ETA: as with Foo, I prefer blacked out sights too.  The less clutter, the better for me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:28:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility] [#15]
I don't see them but I'm glad they are there. I do like the irons in front of the optic so I get to use the full window but they don't distract me as I'm focused on the target.

View All Quotes

Got it. I was wondering if there was a tendency for a person with poor natural alignment to not see the dot, look at the irons and align them, then try to pick up the dot and therefore shoot a lot slower than their full potential.

Originally Posted By Henny:

I know you’re asking Fooboy, I’ve found over I’ve found that I like as little obstruction as possible in the RDS window.  That being said, I don’t really notice the ones on my G19 when I’m shooting, as my focus is on the target.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10846/F78B61E5-A85D-4620-8041-B7C5DB6CCFE8_jpe-2464120.JPG

ETA: as with Foo, I prefer blacked out sights too.  The less clutter, the better for me.

I was asking anybody.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#16]

I know you're asking Fooboy, I've found over I've found that I like as little obstruction as possible in the RDS window.  That being said, I don't really notice the ones on my G19 when I'm shooting, as my focus is on the target.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10846/F78B61E5-A85D-4620-8041-B7C5DB6CCFE8_jpe-2464120.JPG

View Quote
Pffft. This is a red dot community where all can respond. I'm a nobody who likes red dots!
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Only optics guns I’ve shot have had suppressor sights mine has them. I agree to the blacked out sight preference. I don’t really notice the sights myself
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Good point. I would add that is why I don't like the ACSS reticle with outer ring. It adds a lot of red that messed with my "streak shooting" at very close distances.
View Quote

At least you can disable the outer ring on the ACSS when you no longer need/want it.

Great pictures by the way. If your dot is centered the front sight should also be centered(windage) between the rear sights.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Got it. I was wondering if there was a tendency for a person with poor natural alignment to not see the dot, look at the irons and align them, then try to pick up the dot and therefore shoot a lot slower than their full potential.

I was asking anybody.
View Quote
That is a tendency but not an advisable one. This is my experience from taking shooters through this.

With irons, begin draw and as you bring pistol into view your Visual focus transitions to front sight and guide pistol onto target with irons

With RDS, begin draw but maintain target focus - dot appears over target.  For this to be effective, you need a good draw/presentation.

If you take your eyes off the target to use the irons to see the dot, you're diminishing the benefits of the dot and you're failing to correct the root cause - an inconsistent draw.

An inconsistent draw is the primary obstacle to RDS proficiency.  "I tried it but I was slower".
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#20]
That is a tendency but not an advisable one. This is my experience from taking shooters through this.

With irons, begin draw and as you bring pistol into view your Visual focus transitions to front sight and guide pistol onto target with irons

With RDS, begin draw but maintain target focus - dot appears over target.  For this to be effective, you need a good draw/presentation.

If you take your eyes off the target to use the irons to see the dot, you're diminishing the benefits of the dot and you're failing to correct the root cause - an inconsistent draw.

An inconsistent draw is the primary obstacle to RDS proficiency.  "I tried it but I was slower".
View All Quotes

I was asking anybody.

One thing that’s helped a couple people pick it up who were used to and still trying to find and focus on the front sight was having them do reverse draws start off with a proper presentation holster and re-present on target.

I’ve mentioned it before in other threads not sure about this one but taping over the optic lens to force a target focus and running some drills really helped me a lot.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:

One thing that's helped a couple people pick it up who were used to and still trying to find and focus on the front sight was having them do reverse draws start off with a proper presentation holster and re-present on target.

I've mentioned it before in other threads not sure about this one but taping over the optic lens to force a target focus and running some drills really helped me a lot.
View Quote
Neat trick.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
I was doing this with irons long before trying a dot. I stopped watching the sights into the target a long time ago. I use black rears with a white or yellow dot tritium front.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Neat trick.
View All Quotes

One thing that's helped a couple people pick it up who were used to and still trying to find and focus on the front sight was having them do reverse draws start off with a proper presentation holster and re-present on target.

I've mentioned it before in other threads not sure about this one but taping over the optic lens to force a target focus and running some drills really helped me a lot.
Neat trick.

Blue painters tape won’t leave a residue can’t speak for others
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#24]
So I pocket carry a p365 99% of the time. Have a g45, g17 and G26 as well. I have used an RMR in the past on rental guns and always found I was just way better with irons. However, this Indiana shooting has me wondering if I should explore the dot. I find my scorpion with a dot totally cheating.. no clue if that rolls over to handguns, but the scorp with irons kinda sucks, with a dot it's spectacular.

Few questions.

1. is pocket carrying a p365 with a dot a difficult draw?

2. Would you start with getting my g45 milled and a RMR or buy a p365XL or p365x slide and put a 507 on it and a WC XL grip? I really just want something to give RDS a chance and see if I can make the switch.

I am very fast with my G17 and irons at reasonably distances. But I am not very confident at ranges above 25 yards. Almost zero chance I ever need to make a defensive shot above that distance, but it seems worth having the option.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bm303:
So I pocket carry a p365 99% of the time. Have a g45, g17 and G26 as well. I have used an RMR in the past on rental guns and always found I was just way better with irons. However, this Indiana shooting has me wondering if I should explore the dot. I find my scorpion with a dot totally cheating.. no clue if that rolls over to handguns, but the scorp with irons kinda sucks, with a dot it's spectacular.

Few questions.

2. Would you start with getting my g45 milled and a RMR or buy a p365XL or p365x slide and put a 507 on it and a WC XL grip? I really just want something to give RDS a chance and see if I can make the switch.

I am very fast with my G17 and irons at reasonably distances. But I am not very confident at ranges above 25 yards. Almost zero chance I ever need to make a defensive shot above that distance, but it seems worth having the option.
View Quote
I would AIWB your 365 with a dot

also - your hit % and accuracy go up at close distances too. Not just at 25
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Few questions.

View Quote

I was pretty good with irons and was very confident with them at range. The dot imo helped me become better with irons as well because it really helped line out some drawing issues as well as offer a very good aid for dry firing.

The biggest benefit to me isn’t the accuracy at range or the speed even though they both improved the biggest thing for me was the threat focused sighting that didn’t cause a shift between threat and sights before, between, and after shots.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Neat trick.

Great idea, Im going to try that

I have plenty of blue painters tape and hate to paint anyway
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm definitely a fan of red dots.

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Neat trick.

Not mine I can’t take the credit, came from a Pistol Optics instructor course. I brought it back and used it and it benefited others similarly. One of many things I was able to learn that truly helped me. That class is the reason I push others so heavily into taking actual instruction on the subject. I watched every video read every article and thought I had it nailed down with self teaching from that material. Went to the class and I questioned why I was so comfortable before it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Few questions.

View Quote

I don't think I could pocket carry my p365 with or without a dot.  Pocket carry is the one area that I think a red dot would be a disadvantage though, I would imagine it would make drawing the gun much harder.....hopefully someone who pocket carries can give you real world experience though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:01:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PhilDNice] [#31]

Sig Perfection
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:54:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunnie357] [#32]
Originally Posted By PhilDNice:
https://i.ibb.co/K2tT9MR/20220727-203653.jpg

Sig Perfection
View Quote

I know the sig Romeo 1 Pro doesn’t get a lot of love but in my experience it’s a great optic super clear nice window and while it’s not the most durable thing in the world I’m not rappelling from helicopters. I’ve seen more Holosons fail first hand then Sigs. Though I can’t speak for the non-Pro models.

ETA: I’m hard on stuff and haven’t managed to destroy mine yet.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#33]

I know the sig Romeo 1 Pro doesn’t get a lot of love but in my experience it’s a great optic super clear nice window and while it’s not the most durable thing in the world I’m not rappelling from helicopters. I’ve seen more Holosons fail first hand then Sigs. Though I can’t speak for the non-Pro models.

View Quote

Ooof!  I killed 5 RMRs! No intentional abuse. Haven’t broken a Type 2 yet.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:06:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunnie357] [#34]

View All Quotes

Best way to kill one is a highpoint on a holster to rack the slide of the optic from what I’ve heard? How’d you kill yours? As for Romeo’s we had a ton in a class. In the class we had 3 Holosons fail no Romeo’s.

ETA: not seen a RmR broken first hand seen some that looked like they’d been used as a hammer though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By fox2008:

I don't think I could pocket carry my p365 with or without a dot.  Pocket carry is the one area that I think a red dot would be a disadvantage though, I would imagine it would make drawing the gun much harder.....hopefully someone who pocket carries can give you real world experience though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fox2008:

Few questions.

I pocket carry a 365 or Hellcat most days too, and I've been pondering that same question. Right off the bat, my holster would no longer work (Sticky Holsters MD-2) without trimming off an area for the dot to go. For me, at least, the 365 is pushing the upper limit of about 4 1/4" in height that I can conceal in a pocket anyway, so I think it'd be a bust with the extra half inch of a dot. I'd probably just use it as a tiny IWB at that point.

I'm probably picking up a 365X some time this week, so I'll try putting that slide on my OG 365 frame and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:02:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Henny] [#36]

Best way to kill one is a highpoint on a holster to rack the slide of the optic from what I’ve heard? How’d you kill yours? As for Romeo’s we had a ton in a class. In the class we had 3 Holosons fail no Romeo’s.

ETA: not seen a RmR broken first hand seen some that looked like they’d been used as a hammer though.
View All Quotes

Back when I was competing and instructing, I’m guessing ( conservatively ) my gun was eating somewhere around 12-15k a year.  They all were type 1s. Early Type 1s. I don’t know if that makes a difference or not?  I started using RDS on my Glock in 2013, really started training hard with them in 14. I was kind of self taught.  There wasn’t much out there back then.

I don’t remember if it was 2 or 3 of them lost the ability to hold elevation and the other 2 or 3 would randomly shut off while firing.  Trijicon was great!  Even though they were well out of warranty they were either replaced for nothing and the one I had to pay a minimal amount.  The 5 RMR deaths were between 2 units that went back to Trijicon multiple times.  

I didn’t use them for hammers or anything like that. Sure I cleared the occasional jam with them, but nothing excessive. They still looked good, just holster worn.  

Oddly enough, I have a RM03 that despite being my oldest one is still holding up. That one might even be from 2012?   It didn’t get near the amount of use, because I liked the smaller red dots more, but it certainly hasn’t been a safe queen.

My gunsmith / trainer buddy, was always amazed at my ability to break things. He knows I don’t intentionally abuse my stuff, I just use it.

ETA: When going through a class with the above mentioned gun wrench, he remarked, “ If anyone will ever rip a slide off a Glock, it will be you!”  I guess I do most things enthusiastically!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Glad you like it. I can’t stand the distraction and look of them. I’ll stick to iron sights.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#38]

Best way to kill one is a highpoint on a holster to rack the slide of the optic from what I’ve heard?
View Quote

Kind of trivial thing but I had to change from my overhand racking technique to a very deliberate thumb and forefinger slingshot technique to avoid smudging the window on my Holosun.

I hate cleaning lenses because of the risk of scratching them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Kind of trivial thing but I had to change from my overhand racking technique to a very deliberate thumb and forefinger slingshot technique to avoid smudging the window on my Holosun.

View Quote
This is one reason I like having the rear sight in front of the optic.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Best way to kill one is a highpoint on a holster to rack the slide of the optic from what I’ve heard?

I normally use the forward slide serrations if I’m working off the optic I use the rear of my holster where the light belly is.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Back when I was competing and instructing, I’m guessing ( conservatively ) my gun was eating somewhere around 12-15k a year.  They all were type 1s. Early Type 1s. I don’t know if that makes a difference or not?  I started using RDS on my Glock in 2013, really started training hard with them in 14. I was kind of self taught.  There wasn’t much out there back then.

I don’t remember if it was 2 or 3 of them lost the ability to hold elevation and the other 2 or 3 would randomly shut off while firing.  Trijicon was great!  Even though they were well out of warranty they were either replaced for nothing and the one I had to pay a minimal amount.  The 5 RMR deaths were between 2 units that went back to Trijicon multiple times.  

I didn’t use them for hammers or anything like that. Sure I cleared the occasional jam with them, but nothing excessive. They still looked good, just holster worn.  

Oddly enough, I have a RM03 that despite being my oldest one is still holding up. That one might even be from 2012?   It didn’t get near the amount of use, because I liked the smaller red dots more, but it certainly hasn’t been a safe queen.

My gunsmith / trainer buddy, was always amazed at my ability to break things. He knows I don’t intentionally abuse my stuff, I just use it.

ETA: When going through a class with the above mentioned gun wrench, he remarked, “ If anyone will ever rip a slide off a Glock, it will be you!”  I guess I do most things enthusiastically!
View All Quotes

I’ve got a 590a1 with a optic plate that cowitnesses with the ghost ring. I need to pick up a RMR for. It’s just hard to spend that kind of money on one. There really highly regarded and for good reason.

Funny I’m kind of the same way break a anvil with a rubber mallet kind of guy and I don’t abuse things but they certainly get used.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#42]
[i]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#43]

I’ve got a 590a1 with a optic plate that cowitnesses with the ghost ring. I need to pick up a RMR for. It’s just hard to spend that kind of money on one. There really highly regarded and for good reason.

Funny I’m kind of the same way break a anvil with a rubber mallet kind of guy and I don’t abuse things but they certainly get used.
View All Quotes

Well, do you know what Gunnie?  You’re one of the guys in the shooting threads. Look at the guys there. All at a minimum are dedicated shooters.  Some are outstanding shooters. Very humbling!  But I’m betting most of us in those threads are labeled as anvil breakers by our associates, because we actually shoot on a regular basis!  Most people don’t!  Most people maybe  a few times a year!  I’m guessing most of the people in those drill threads shoot multiple times a month if not week.

The latest shooting thread @03RN was mentioning his revolver skipping. How many people actually shoot a revolver enough to the point it malfunctions?  I’ve only done it to two, a 629 and a model 60. That was back when I carried a revolver daily.  There’s a good group of shooters on this board. I listen t what many of them say. There’s a lot of combined experience!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Well, do you know what Gunnie?  You’re one of the guys in the shooting threads. Look at the guys there. All at a minimum are dedicated shooters.  Some are outstanding shooters. Very humbling!  But I’m betting most of us in those threads are labeled as anvil breakers by our associates, because we actually shoot on a regular basis!  Most people don’t!  Most people maybe  a few times a year!  I’m guessing most of the people in those drill threads shoot multiple times a month if not week.

The latest shooting thread @03RN was mentioning his revolver skipping. How many people actually shoot a revolver enough to the point it malfunctions?  I’ve only done it to two, a 629 and a model 60. That was back when I carried a revolver daily.  There’s a good group of shooters on this board. I listen t what many of them say. There’s a lot of combined experience!
View All Quotes

That m66 has over 25k full power loads, at least that of .38+p, and an uncountable number of dryfireing. Hence the skipping cylinder. That cylinder stop slamming into the notch takes a toll.

Gunnie357 I've seen the DI ones as cheap as $275 recently in the EE. That should be a good choice for the 590.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I try to shoot regularly to keep up skills. We’ve got some guys that truly are excellent shooters around this place and it’s great makes me for one want to do that much better. I’m stoked for the regular drill thread
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:16:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunnie357] [#46]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

That m66 has over 25k full power loads, at least that of .38+p, and an uncountable number of dryfireing. Hence the skipping cylinder. That cylinder stop slamming into the notch takes a toll.

Gunnie357 I've seen the DI ones as cheap as $275 recently in the EE. That should be a good choice for the 590.
View All Quotes

I’ve seen a couple they go quick I’ll catch one my only concern about the DI models is the weapon light washing out the dot. I need to ask in this thread see if anyones having issues with that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#47]

I’ve seen a couple they go quick I’ll catch one my only concern about the DI models is the weapon light washing out the dot. I need to ask in this thread see if anyones having issues with that.
View All Quotes

It can happen but last time I messed around with it I think I found it was a less of an issue with a long gun.

There's a di rmr on my wife's g19 that's really just a range gun but I've fiddled with it on long guns. I think the DI models are worse for handguns.

Shooting from a dark shadow/room into a bright area is the bigger deal.

Acogs have the same issues as well.

I'll see if I can get pics tonight when I get home.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:19:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spydercomonkey] [#48]
So close and yet so far.

Firing at 15yd today, had 4 rounds in the same hole...and then that damn 5th shot.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
So close and yet so far.

Firing at 15yd today, had 4 rounds in the same hole...and then that damn 5th shot.

https://i.ibb.co/ZdqG9JG/Glock-17-L-5-shot-group-15yd.jpg
View Quote

17L, 24, or a 40? Fine shooting in my book
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:55:06 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
So close and yet so far.

https://i.ibb.co/ZdqG9JG/Glock-17-L-5-shot-group-15yd.jpg

Thanks, it's a 17L.
Page / 67
Top Top