Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2002 7:42:20 AM EDT
I've got a 9mm p94.  Can i throw a 40 sw 94 slide assembly on that frame and have it function correctly?
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
That swap sounds better than some I have heard in the past.
If you have the owners manual handy, check the part numbers on the ejectors (9MM vs. .40)...that would be one clue.
Of course, magazines, even though close looking, may not be totally reliable, if the "conversion" made it to that point.
I wouldn't run out and buy a slide assembly, but if a good friend had one to try out, I would go that route first, testing functions before even loading up a mag full.
Final answer...interesting, but I don't know.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:24:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good, i'll check that out when i get home.  I beleive my buddy has a 40 cal 94 so after i check the part numbers on the extractors i'll see if his slide fits and functions.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Ejector...the part you have to flip forward to disassemble, is what I was refering to.
I know Ruger wouldn't approve.
I have swapped lots of parts on like models of the same calibers. Taking a blue MKII .22 and swapping just the little parts with a stainless gun or using the most accurate barrel from several P-89s to build a keeper.
I never swapped slides from one caliber to another. Good luck, be safe and fill us in on your results.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#4]
ejector, sorry, I wasn't paying attention. yeah I'll definitely let you know how it works out.  thanks very much for the information.

Kyle
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I've always wondered this too.  I would think it would be possible.  I'm sure Ruger wants to "fit" all slides to frames, but if the ejector is the same, it probably could work.  To be safe, you better call Ruger, although I doubt they would tell you that it's possible for liability reasons.
 The elevan round .40cal preban magazines (P-17) are less expensive than the P-18 preban mags (9mm) too.
The problem, if this would work, would be cost.  It's not just a barrel swap like a .40S&W to a 357SIG, it's the whole "upper" as you describe.  Since Ruger P94s are relatively inexpensive guns, the cost of a conversion would probably be 1/2 to 2/3rds the cost of a new gun in .40S&W.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:20:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I too have HEARD 'Ruger' wants slides "fitted" when change happen's, to both same calibers as well a task like this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top