Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 6:04:03 AM EDT
Hi all,

I was wondering if the updated P226 has been released yet with the tactical mounting rail, modified take-down lever, etc.  I don't see it listed on SiG's website.

I was also wondering if the blued P220 is going to be produced with the rail - as far as I know, it's only available on the stainless version right now.

Thanks,

Dave
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the 226 is available.  I have the new full stainless in 40.  :)
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]

are the rails "standard" or do they only work w/ SIG lights, etc.?

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Here's a photo of the P220 with the rail from SIG's web site:

http://www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/P220_large.gif

I can never remember the names for the different styles of mounting rails, but I thought this one was pretty standard.

Dave
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The current production 226R, 220ST, and 226ST have standard rails that accomodate M3/M6 type lights.

The first production run P220ST as pictured above, has a propriety rail that doesn't fit anything.  It was originally derived from surplus frames made for the P220Sport, where the rails held the compensator.

SIGARMS offers an adapter for the old-style P220ST.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Cool, thanks.

Is there any way to differentiate between new and old P220ST in case I happen upon one in a gun store?

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:25:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's the current style rail:

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Thanks, the new one is much wider.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top