Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:16:27 PM EDT
I have a P2000 v3 in 9mm.  While shooting in the cold outside the slide fails to lock back after the last round.  While shooting indoors I never have this problem.  By cold I mean roughly 25-35.

Why does this happen when it's cold?  Should it happen?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:30:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Where is your thumb? Weak hand thumb??  Could it be hitting the slide release??  Common problem depending on your grip!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure it's not a grip problem because this NEVER happens while shooting indoors.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:50:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine went through a phase where this happened, and it would also often fail to "hold open"

Being new at the time, Isent it back.........

Magazine problem.

There was a bad batch early on.

Not diagnosing yours, but it is something you should look into
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mine went through a phase where this happened, and it would also often fail to "hold open"

Being new at the time, Isent it back.........

Magazine problem.

There was a bad batch early on.

Not diagnosing yours, but it is something you should look into

if it's a magazine problem, no matter inside or outside, he'll get the same thing.

you wear gloves when cold? have someone else shoot it while outdoor and report back here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, no gloves.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top