Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:10:10 AM EDT
I was looking for a Gold Cup and ran across a SA Lightweight bi tone model. It was about 400 bucks cheaper and looked pretty sweet. It has night sights and has all the stuff I'd like on my Colt compact. It has an aluminum frame and is about 8 ounces lighter than a standard model. I was a little leery about the alum. frame but decided that hey my AR is all alum. so it should be OK. Any way I had to lay it away to keep the wife from killing me but I'll get it out next month. The tax money is on the way. I can't wait to do a few custom things to it. Any comments positive or negative on the aluminum frame models? I am getting it regardless but wonder if anyone has any experience. I plan on shooting mostly lighter powered handloads through it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I think this is what you are looking for.  I have the Bi-Tone Lightweight model and I absolutely love it.  It is definately lighter compared to the non-Lightweight models.  Mine has the Novak Night sights.  It is dead accurate at 30ft with WWB ammo.  I currently use this as my CCW weapon.  You cannot go wrong with this model.  I picked mine up a couple years ago for about $650 out the door.  

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the exact model metalsaber!! I'm glad to hear that your so pleased with it. This will be my third 45 so I'm not as afraid of putting to many rounds through it as I would be if it were my only one. I'm also pleased that you give it highaccuracy marks as well. If I shoot it as well as my Colt compact it will be my new CCW as well. I also have the night sights on it and was impressed by it's lightness when I held it. I'm counting the days!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice choice. Shoot the Hell out of it.  

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Definately shoot the heck out of it.  I haven't had one failure to feed or eject to this date.  I primarily use WWB for my plinking and target shooting.  I use Remington Golden Sabers for my carry ammo.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Great looking Springer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top