Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/16/2010 9:16:06 PM EDT
Forgive my noobiness. I have seen a lot of praise on the HK LEM triggers. Is LEM synonymous with DAO?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#1]
In a way, yes.  It offers a consistant ~5lb pull and crisp break for each shot.  No manual safety or decocker.

When slide is pulled and round loaded, hammer spring is partially compressed so trigger pull brings hammer back to release at break point.

Trigger is somewhat comparable to a DA revolver.  

I like it.  I was never a fan of the traditional DA/SA pistols.

Trigger styles are easily changed from one to another.  HK website describes them.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#2]
No. There are DAO HK triggers. LEM is a different animal.

The DAO variants on this chart do not refer to LEM as it is a different trigger.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No. There are DAO HK triggers. LEM is a different animal.
http://www.hkpro.com/uspvariants.jpg

The DAO variants on this chart do not refer to LEM as it is a different trigger.

OK WTF is a variant  8 then ?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#4]
we NEVER talk about variant EIGHT!!!!!

<.<

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]
LEM is a modification of variant 7.
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Rule number one: We do not talk about V8.

(Don´t tell anyone but it is not sold in the US. It is similar to V7 and some say it has special night sights and is made for US goverment agencies).

Seriously, here is a link to an article thhat somewhat explains the LEM.
http://www.outdoors.net/Firearms/Article/901
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up a LEM today

Link Posted: 12/18/2010 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
That chart is dated and no longer completely correct.  The V7 is now a LEM DAO with an 8 pound LEM trigger whereas when that chart was made it was the standard DAO with a 10-11 pound pull.  V5 & 6 are still the old time standard DAO with 10-11 pound pulls but the V7 is now the LEM V2 with a constant 8 pound pull.
The V8 is not allowed to be imported into the US because of the night sights used but is otherwise the same as the V7.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top