Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 8/10/2003 2:52:40 PM EDT
I picked this Colt up this morning.

It is a Defender Plus. Stainless with an alloy frame.

She's really well made, inside and out. NO machine marks and things are snug but not overly tight. The thumb safety snicks on and off nicely.

The finish is a nice satin on the flats and matte on everything else.

The beavertail is of the XSE style that a lot of guys like to bash. It is comfortable, and will do it's job. I've never been bothered by XSE grips safeties.

It has a better trigger than even my Kimber Eclipse Pro. In fact it has possibly the nicest trigger I've ever tried on an "out of the box" 1911. VERY crisp and absolutely NO creep. I'd estimate the break at just inder 4 lbs......the reach is perfect for me. Needless to say, I am very delighted about the trigger.

I like the full sized grip frame. The smaller compact grips leave my pinky in "no mans land", half on and half off the end. The full size grip also allows me to get the same purchase on the pistol as all my other 1911's.

The short, 3 inch barrel allows for IWB carry without protruding too deeply into the pants. Makes for easier sitting, and no problems in the "wallet area" of my pants. Some IWB carry can give me a pretty good pinch when the end of the holster and my wallet meet up with each other.

It came with two Colt 8 round mags. I like the fact that Colt still ships pistols with two mags. My $1000 Kimbers only came with one....cheap asses.......

It rides effortlessly in this Don Hume JIT holster, which is, IMHO, the best belt slide type holster on the market....and it's inexpensive.

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:41:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.........!
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top