Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2002 4:03:30 PM EDT
I just ordered a Colt Defender. Next on the wish list is a Bushy Shorty. A2 or A3.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a Colt Defender for several months now. Great little gun. I switched the Hogue rubber wrap around grips for Hogue Pau Ferro wrap around grips cause the rubber ones tend to stick to your clothing and print.  So far it has worked flawlessly with everthing I've put thru it, including some hand loads that were both hot and cold. It's my everyday concealed carry weapon.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally had my first jam since I bough mine in 1999 and I wasnt shooting it. We think he limp wristed it.

Try those Rem Golden Saber 185 +ps in it and you have one nasty small 45.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Also as a result of the JAM (but not sure) it seems it caused a slight scratch in the bottom most part of the feed ramp.

Whole experience broke my heart because this gun has never hiccuped or anything in the three years that I have been shooting it.

Anyone out there see scars or their feed ramp.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
congrats on an excellant choice Heyspike....

Pic's...........we need Pic's to
go with that range report

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my Defender, more so that my full size models and even my Officers Model(which I adore). They are a great little .45, accurate, and I have never had a jam with mine.  I also replaced the grips with some Galcavo Alves from Hogue and put night sights on mine.  Excellent choice Heyspike
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Great choice!

I have several Colt's and love them. I had the one clone above made up as an officer's frame and commander slide, it carry's great.

A custom Caspian 45ACP, a custom Westcott fighting knife (waited two years for that one), and a Spyderco Keating folder.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top