Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 1:12:52 PM EST
I was looking at a Python today at the local store of Joy and run across a 2 1/2" Python. It has the full size grips on it which felt awesome in my hands, first time I think I've actually handled a Python revolver. Ok so my question is about the frame of the gun. The overall looks are excellent has a very light cylinder drag mark, almost none really unless you look close. But on the top of the frame and the barrel rib is what looks like imperfection's in the metal, looks like tool marks and pitting in the metal, is this common on these guns? It has the high polished blue finish and looks like it's original to me, but I'm not that familiar with Colt revolvers. So has anyone seen any markings like these before on the top of the frame, it doesn't look like rust pitting it actually looks like imperfections in the metal finish itself (tool marks and casting marks?). I think the gun is around a mid to early 1970's production if that helps any from what I could find on information on the internets.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:57:24 PM EST
It's always possible that one got out of the factory with major blemishes, but I've not seen any like what you describe. As far as I know, the 2 1/2 inch barreled Python should have service stocks, not the full size stocks. Given the full size stocks and blemishes on the barre and framel, I'm wondering if this particular Python began its life with a longer barrel and someone decided to convert it to a snub.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:25:45 PM EST
Top strap should be matte finish or bead blast type finish.

How much?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:33:11 PM EST
They had it marked for $1000
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:55:24 AM EST
Originally Posted By wild_Texas:
They had it marked for $1000

That's not a bad price, imho.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:11:09 AM EST
I'm not sure how to describe the texturing of the vent rib and top strap but yes they are not polished. 1G for a 2 1/2" Python in excellent condition is not out of the relm of normalcy.

Short barrel .357's are right jiggy to shoot so most are low mileage.

If I wanted it I'd buy it.
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top