Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 3:33:23 AM EDT
I bought a Buckmark about 2 weeks ago. Thought it would make a better suppressor host than my cheap toy P22. However, I've realized that I hate it without even shooting it.

Whose idea was it to make a gun that can't be field stripped without allen wrenches?

Then once I got the allen screws out, I tried to remove the recoil spring guide rod the way they say in the manual, and it bent. I had to beat out the little plastic piece in the slide that holds the recoil rod with a punch and a hammer. Of course, this chewed up the plastic pretty good. The manual makes it sound like it should pull right out. I guess mine was oversized.

I take back every bad thing I've ever said about Ruger .22 pistols. They are a dream to field strip compared to the Buckmark.

Now off to find a Mark II 22/45...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like operator error to me!!!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like operator error to me!!!

+1

I never strip mine, I just spray it out & use some pipe cleaners. Best .22 out there under $600, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a lemon, mine comes apart just fine...

Sorry to hear about your luck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
They can be a little tricky to get apart, but it sounds like you had some major problems.

I really disliked the top strap, I had replaced mine with a weaver base and a red dot. The dang thing kept coming loose, I even put the blue locktite to it. Sold it and ain't looked back.
Thought it to be a bad design.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I own a Ruger Mk II.  Got it about 15 years ago.  I bet I burned 2 bricks of 22LR with it before I cleaned it.  I hate the way it strips, but at least it can be done without tools.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I own a Ruger Mk II.  Got it about 15 years ago.  I bet I burned 2 bricks of 22LR with it before I cleaned it.  I hate the way it strips, but at least it can be done without tools.

The Ruger MK II sucks trying to get it back together.  One of mine will go together with a bit of work, the other, the pin (can't remember what you call it) is an extremely tight fit that is near impossible.  I don't bother taking them apart anymore.  I take the plastic grips off and spray the heck out of them with gunscrubber or the like.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't even bother with the bore on my buckmark, the bolt face, breech face, and feed ramp and exterior get wiped off, and it's ready to go again.  Even with hex wrenches, it field strips and reassembles easier than the Ruger MkII.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top