Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2001 10:30:38 AM EDT
How long have you guys been here???? I just thought we were SOL for forums but this lil private party I wasn't invited to looks like it's been going on for a while!

I can get up to a 1/4" (if I notice it, if I didn't it'd probably fall right out) of walk on my trigger pin after firing maybe only a hunnert or so rounds on an oly lower, bushmaster internals I'm now in the habit of checking for it so I don't have a bad experience. is the pin supposed to fit tight to the lower itself? it doesn't. is spring tension the only thing thats supposed to hold it in place? would loctite be a bad idea? any pins made that'd be long enough to put some d-rings on the ends of them?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#1]
they sell what you're looking for in the bushmaster catalog or online (antiwalk pins).
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#3]
My buddy had the same problem with his DPMS reciever.  After x number of rounds the trigger pin would just come out.  I have heard that the trigger return spring(?) or some other spring was suppose to hold that pin in.  Anyways, he put a set of anti-walk pins in, and he hasn't had a problem since.  The only problem I personally find with anti-walk pins, that it rubs on my finger and gives me a funny feeling because that area is usually smooth, and the C-rings protrude slightly.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#4]
You do have the legs of the hammer spring resting on top of the trigger pin and not on floor of the receiver don't you?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Anti walk pins are held by end clips or u clips.  These move on the outside of the soft lower and wear it away and remove the finish.  I wouldn't use them if I were you.  Buy a new trigger group from BM and you should have zero walk.

Does anyone here have a pic of a lower that has used Anti-walk pins and then removed the clips?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny this topic should come up.
I've been working on a non-marring anti-walk pin and it is out at the machinists right now. I hope to be getting these back soon and try them out.
I've been thinking about selling them to AR-15.com members only.
I'll post some updates as soon as I get them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had (and still have) OLY pre and post ban lowers. I have found that if you use OLY stuff in the lower you have no problems.

I had one preban OLY lower and I bought all new Bushmaster internals. I had trigger and hammer problems, when I switched to all OLY internals the problems went away.

My 2 cents worth.

GEF
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
This may sound stupid but make sure your pin has the two grooves in it for the hammer spring arms to rest in, and that those grooves are deep enough and that the trigger group is assembled properly, it is possible that a larger diameter spring vs smaller pin grooves could allow the pin to walk, the opposite would not. Also make sure there is ample room on the ends of the trigger pin hole (on the trigger) for the hammer spring to get to the trigger pin.
I also do not recommend non-walk pins, they'll ugly up the gun and besides, it should work without 'em.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Aren't there some grooves in the pin that the legs of the springs rest on to lock the pins into place?
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#11]
paul dont ya mean hammer spring?????????
just chekin'
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://www.ar15.com/docs/assembly/lower/hammer.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top