Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2014 5:39:11 PM EDT
Does a Smith vortex flashhider that has the angled flutes and wire groove at the end that is installed with a factory lock washer have any more value than a new vortex? I think that I have had this since around 1990ish. Just curious if it was a collectable item.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does a Smith vortex flashhider that has the angled flutes and wire groove at the end that is installed with a factory lock washer have any more value than a new vortex? I think that I have had this since around 1990ish. Just curious if it was a collectable item.
View Quote

Nope.  They're actually worth less because they had the tendency to flare out, making them less appealing.  I had a brand new one I sent to Smith last year in exchange for a new one
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Just curious if it was a collectable item.
View Quote
no, see heat treat

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Worth 88 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I see what you did there.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Worth 88 bucks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]
In before SEI Nazi skull
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top