Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2002 9:59:03 PM EDT
There was the big simpsons discussion on weather they were gun supporters or not on tonights episode the police chief said we cannot help you until your dead or dying and also he said we cant help you but we can punish you kinda reminds me of how when a bad guys shoots at you and you kill them and call 911 the cops show up to take your gun away and arrest you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Mmmmm! Floorpie.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There was the big simpsons discussion on weather they were gun supporters or not on tonights episode the police chief said we cannot help you until your dead or dying and also he said we cant help you but we can punish you kinda reminds me of how when a bad guys shoots at you and you kill them and call 911 the cops show up to take your gun away and arrest you.
View Quote

Just another illustration of the masochistic tendencies of the liberal mind. Leftist enough to believe only the state should possess weapons, cynical enough to realize that the state can't (and has no obligation to) protect anyone. Liberals actually enjoy suffering, as they're addicted to their emotional reactions to it. It helps them produce art, can't you see? ;)

Groening is a strident anti. Most "correct" political views are stated by Lisa Simpson in the show, and in regards to the 2A she said, "The Second Amendment is a relic from colonial times. It has no meaning today."

The Simpsons succeeds at caricatures, but when it goes political, it becomes merely annoying.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:13:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Groening is a strident anti. Most "correct" political views are stated by Lisa Simpson in the show, and in regards to the 2A she said, "The Second Amendment is a relic from colonial times. It has no meaning today."
View Quote

Strange that an anti would have "NRA4EVER" flash on the cash register in the intro.  Lisa is also a vegetarian, does that make Matt a card carrying member of PETA?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:30:18 AM EDT
[#4]
you balding North American ape!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Strange that an anti would have "NRA4EVER" flash on the cash register in the intro
View Quote

I'm getting real tired of explaining this over and over again, but so many people think Matt Groening is pro-gun due to that one stupid special episode.  "Matt Groening's pro-gun!  Cash register says NRA4EVER on it!"

The NRA4EVER readout is not on the original intro scene.  It was a gag put in a Simpsons "behind the scenes" special hosted by Troy McClure. Matt Groening is not pro-gun.  The idea that Groening, a total leftist/liberal, would sneak that right-wing message in is absurd, hence the ironic humor. On the same episode, Groening is portrayed as an old, one-eyed, pistol-toting, tequila-guzzling psycho.  Again, irony, because Groening is nothing like that in real life.

The joke flew right over your head, like with most people.

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Strange that an anti would have "NRA4EVER" flash on the cash register in the intro.  Lisa is also a vegetarian, does that make Matt a card carrying member of PETA?
View Quote

Stranger still that a keen observer of the Simpsons would be unfamiliar with absurdity and sarcasm as comedic devices.

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#7]
sometimes it seems like the show flip flops from side to side, whatever it is I don't think they like clinton much, " well I am a pretty lousy president"
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah.  They once had Clinton say something like "Hell, I've done it with pigs.  No, seriously! Real live pigs!" when he was trying to seduce Marge.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#9]
The creators of the Simpsons are certainly liberal, but when it comes to skewering absurdity, they are equal opportunity.

C'mon, you HAVE to admit that "Bloodbath and Beyond" as a name for a gun shop is pretty goddamned funny!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Uncle Herb: Here Bart, I got you a lifetime membership to the NRA!
Bart: Cool! Can I get a machine gun?
Uncle Herb: Sure! It's all in the 2nd ammendmant!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah...Homer refered to Jimmy Carter as "Bill Clinton with a FOX attitude." They bash Carter ALOT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top