Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 4:20:38 PM EDT
I have a bull barrel upper to ship, how much will it cost for shipping?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a bull barrel upper to ship, how much will it cost for shipping?
View Quote

Uhhh...[url]www.fedex.com[/url]
      [url]www.ups.com[/url]
      [url]www.usps.com[/url]

Otherwise, I'm thinking maybe 10 bucks??

-hanko
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
usps -a rough estimate of 15.00 or so if you use priority mail with insurance and delivery confirmation.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Plus it depends on the distance.  15-20 should cover it anywhere.  Like eurotrash said, make sure you insure it.  Tell them you are shipping golf clubs. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to the Post Office and get the long triangle priority mail box that they give you for free. It's perfect for shipping uppers in. Works good for golf clubs to! It's cheaper to use USPS then UPS or Fedx. For $.40 you can get a delivery confirmation with a tracking number.
The U.S. Post Office is the best deal going for shipping packages.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a "FWIW",

I've been using PVC pipe capped on both ends since UPS cracked the FF handguard on one of mine a few years ago.
I put an old shop rag, or wash cloth at the one end, then put the upper in - barrel first, & fit as much packing as it'll hold. I use "Bushmaster style" packing (My shredded bills!) for cushioning.  
Then I cut the PVC 4" - 5" longer than it needs to be, put several rags against the back of the upper (until they're even with the top), cap that end, and mark it with a fat magic marker where the pipe & cap meet.

The reason I make it too long and mark it is so I can tell the buyer to "cut the pipe at the green ring". That way I don't have to worry about him accidentally cutting the upper. The reason I don't point the barrel at the end with 4" of rags, is because they (barrels) could sneak up through the rags.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Paul:
Great tip. PVC is so cheap and uppers are so expensive why not?
View Quote

And they're reusable! I've got one poor 5" tube that must've been across the country about fifteen times by now. That schedule C stuff is almost indestructible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top