Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2010 5:17:43 PM EDT
If I delete someone from my facebook friends, do they get a notice?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Nope.

^^

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Watch out, facebook is serious business
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, and they can file an appeal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes, and they can file an appeal.

And you can get arrested because they will claim you stole their chicken nuggets.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
My kid just set it up for me and I have "friends" on it already that I'd rather not have, but I don't want to cause drama by being too overt about erasing them
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone asked this awhile back.

No they don't.  But ever since hearing about it I check my friend count.  It goes down by one every once and awhile...and I never have any clue who it is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Unless they have one of the several applications that will notify them when you do.  Facebook doesn't approve and has, I believe, shut down at least one of the more popular unfriend finders
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#9]
You can also just block them so you don't see their silliness if that's what it's about.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks all!
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]
There are other options too.  Facebook has some pretty complex privacy if you take the time to set it up.

Easier to just unfriend people BUT you can also create "groups" of friends with different levels of permissions.

For example, I have "friends" and "peeps".  Friends are whoever I have on my friends list.  They can see most things but they do not see me in chat and I occasionally post an update which they can't see.

"Peeps" are my "real friends".  They can see my phone numbers, see me in chat and when I post a private update, I set it so that only "peeps" can see it.

You can also do exclude lists.  I could create a "baggage" group, add people to it that I don't like that much and when I post updates, have it set to always exclude "baggage".  They just won't see the updates or photos or whatever.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There are other options too.  Facebook has some pretty complex privacy if you take the time to set it up.

Easier to just unfriend people BUT you can also create "groups" of friends with different levels of permissions.

For example, I have "friends" and "peeps".  Friends are whoever I have on my friends list.  They can see most things but they do not see me in chat and I occasionally post an update which they can't see.

"Peeps" are my "real friends".  They can see my phone numbers, see me in chat and when I post a private update, I set it so that only "peeps" can see it.

You can also do exclude lists.  I could create a "baggage" group, add people to it that I don't like that much and when I post updates, have it set to always exclude "baggage".  They just won't see the updates or photos or whatever.

Thats brillant, I never thought of anything like that!
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I get notified when friends drop me (but I run a Firefox "better facebook" app).
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I get notified when friends drop me (but I run a Firefox "better facebook" app).

Thanks for heads up.  Just installed that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Watchout, everyone will know your family history before long.And you'll get credit cards too!
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

nope but why do you delete people?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I deleted a bunch of people when I stopped playing mafia wars.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I gotta couple idiots from work who are trying to befriend me on FB. They should be locked up instead of CO's.I just never confirm or deny.I care nothing about being with them, near them, friends, nuttin!
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

nope but why do you delete people?

Here's why:

A thread I posted in Team...

If you are a Facebook user, check out this person… http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001343494496&v=wall&story_fbid=104111022977014&ref=notif¬if_t=feed_comment_reply

Somehow I added this person to my FB Friend List, (perhaps from a Friend Request by him/her because of some of my friends on his/her list). I have removed this person from my list because of spamming and vile shit to my FB page that I and my friends don’t agree with, nor have authorized. This person has also used tags for photos to spread bullshit without my or my friends’ permission.

I agree with a person’s right to their opinion, but it got too stupid for me. At first this person seemed to be of like mind, but after a week or so I saw this person was either a troll, plant, or both. He/she also admitted to not listing a real name or location, because of violent and radical Right Wing Extremists (typical liberal).

Check out some of the responses (including mine) and judge for yourself.

Oh BTW, I support Arizona and every other state that wants to implement a similar law.

Be Safe.

Joe

At it again.

Now attacking LEO's.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001343494496&v=wall&story_fbid=139809982714186&ref=notif¬if_t=share_reply#!

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#20]
So what if you add someone as a friend do they approve it before it can be added and do they know?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:26:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So what if you add someone as a friend do they approve it before it can be added and do they know?

To add a friend on FB someone has to notify you, or you have to notify them with a friend request. Once the request is accepted either way, you will appear on eachother's list.

That person, Judy Ammeric, that I deleted sent me a request and I saw that there were 12 mutual friends of mine on his/her list... that's why I orginally accepted the friend request. However, after awhile I saw the person was a screaming liberal, that's why I deleted my contact with him/her.  

BTW: After I posted that I deleted him/her and why to my profile page, I went from 12 mutual friends to two. I guess my some of my friends were spammed like me and they were tired of the liberal spam bullshit as well.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top