10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/7/2005 10:26:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 10:46:45 AM EDT by 1911greg]
h
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:27:20 AM EDT
It has nothing to do with the uniform. Media exposure makes whitey appealing. It's been a trend since the '60s.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:28:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911greg:
anyone else noticed this? Seems like you see a high percentage of white military guys who date asian ladies. Are asian girls attracted by the uniform, i realize in many asian cultures military service is looked upon very favorably?

I have even had this happen to myself

One word.

Korea
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:29:24 AM EDT
In many foreign countries, American males are seen as highly desireable by the female population.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:29:37 AM EDT
day luv u rong time.

day so honeeee
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:30:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ironoxbows:
In many foreign countries, American males are seen as highly desireable by the female population.

Good to know
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:30:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:30:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jmzd4:
day luv u rong time.

day so honeeee

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:30:45 AM EDT
Some would say that the Asian ladies are just looking for a man to bring them to the big PX in america.

Others would say military men have traveled the world and prefer the way an Asian lady treats her man and conducts herself to American women.

The truth is often a little of both.

BTW; many, Many, MANY AR15.com members have "war brides" or "Mail order brides." so tread lightly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:35:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Some would say that the Asian ladies are just looking for a man to bring them to the big PX in america.

yes i understand that but i am talking about the ones who have been born here and are US citizens.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:35:58 AM EDT
No asian girls have come up to me. Unless it's just that the height difference is simply too much.

NTM
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:37:48 AM EDT

yes i understand that but i am talking about the ones who have been born here and are US citizens.

In that case I have no idea, because all the US born "asian" women I know are either trying to marry a Doctor or hang out with Ricers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:40:27 AM EDT
Reminds me of when I was installing cable modems. I went to one appointment, and this huge, bodybuilder-type guy with a crewcut answers the door. I'm 6'2", and I had to look up at him. Very nice guy though. He takes me to where he wants the modem installed, and I see he has personal photos all along one wall from his military days.

Then we pass through his living room, and the absolute most beautiful Asian woman (and the most beautiful woman period) I have ever seen in the entire world is in front of the TV in a 2-piece leotard working out to a workout videotape. It took every bit of willpower not to oogle, because I knew this guy could pick me up and throw me through a brick wall if he wanted to. But DAMN was she hot! I was SO glad he wanted the modem in a back office, because there was no way in hell I was going to be able to work within eyesight of her.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:43:13 AM EDT
I heard a lot of the American born asian women prefer dating white men, one of the reasons is because of the demography, the area they live in may not have many asian males so they get asked out mostly by white males and some asian females just arent attracted to asian males, because they are often stero typed as being shy, weak, nerdy, etc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:45:36 AM EDT
I know 4 asian girls. None of them are interested in dating an asian guy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:46:55 AM EDT
I take it you have never been to Italy
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:48:04 AM EDT
My wife is Korean, been here since she was 10. She only finds white guy's attractive. Specifically that "all amereican" look as she puts it. I know many other asian chicks and they all feel pretty much the same way. I think there are a few reasons for this.

1. Media
2. Foreign to them. We are different and some find that "exotic" especially if they are born/raised in the east.
3. Abuse... Asia is different than the west. In alot of ways how they treat thier women/children we would consider abuse. No this is not a "Politically Correct" statment but PC is for pussies. We have been host familly to MANY Asian college students. They all became part of our familly and one thing we learned is that after they could compare how Americans in general raise their kids and treat their ladies they feel like they were abused. So most asian ladies I know feel SAFER with your stereo typical white guy.

So 3 reinforcing reasons. Status/Exotic/Safety.

One thing that some asian girls have said to me that they tend to like our 'equipment' better as well. I have heard this from several. But on the negative side they think we are too hairy. Some think body hair is gross, but not enough of a turn off to over-ride the above 3.

For girls that are soley raised here (in Americal main stream culture) I think it is just a matter of numbers and enviornemt. Just like my black buddy. He was raised in a white neighborhood and never dated a black girl in his life. His wife is white and culturaly so is he. So asain chicks brought up in a white area may just feel more comfortable with white guys for that reason.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:56:15 AM EDT

Others would say military men have traveled the world and prefer the way an Asian lady treats her man and conducts herself to American women.

BTW; many, Many, MANY AR15.com members have "war brides" or "Mail order brides." so tread lightly.

You are correct on all counts.

13+ years, and still going....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:58:56 AM EDT

I think it's just the American woman alot of guys are having problems with.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:06:58 AM EDT
LBFMPBR
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:09:23 AM EDT
Asian women are hot + young military guy being stationed in Asian locales = the phenomina you noted, 1911greg.

However I do not (though there are some attractive Middle Eastern women) anticipate this being a big trend from guys stationed in, say, Iraq or Afghanistan...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:11:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By uncle_frank:

riiiiight. that's it. It's never the guys fault. It's always "american women". Don't you think after another failed relationship after another failed relationship, that those types of "men" might figure out that THEY are the problem? And running to another race is NOT a cure?

Course, some men might just prefer the Asian look. And That's fine.

whatever.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:16:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jmzd4:
day luv u rong time.

day so honeeee

YEAH BABY!! YEAH!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:17:26 AM EDT
I have never been to Korea but I have never been hit on my asian women, but on the other hand, Gemany is very nice
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:23:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:24:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dread-pirate:
...Some think body hair is gross, but not enough of a turn off to over-ride the above

And we have another winner! Good thing that I'm hung like a horse , cuz I'm hairy like an ape.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:24:36 AM EDT
i date asian womern becasue they think my penis is huge
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:33:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 11:33:25 AM EDT by Stottman]
Soldiers pick up wifes no matter where they are stationed.. Go to any Military base, and you will be able to find a wife that is from anywhere US military is stationed..

One of the reasons is that that most Stateside US bases are big sausage fests. And the woman that are there are generally trailer trash.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:40:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stottman:

One of the reasons is that that most Stateside US bases are big sausage fests. And the woman that are there are generally trailer trash.

Again, a +1.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:42:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GySgtD:

Again, a +1.

+2
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:52:24 AM EDT

truer words have never been spoken!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:03:04 PM EDT
us gi + asia = asian wives
us gi + germany = german wives
us gi + england = english wives

no big thing! i think the rest of the world still sees the us and it's reps (military) as somewhat bigger than life and something special.

where in the world have we EVER gone and not made a huge impression?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:03:24 PM EDT
its cause those ugly ass squids cant get anything better than some island chick. usualy the chick ends up draining there account and taking off. belive me its cause the squids totaly cant get anything better and the woman just see money signs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 12:11:07 PM EDT by AR15fan]

Originally Posted By daisywench:

riiiiight. that's it. It's never the guys fault. It's always "american women". Don't you think after another failed relationship after another failed relationship, that those types of "men" might figure out that THEY are the problem?

Perhaps. But a zebra cannot change it's stripes. You are what you are, and if the asian culture finds the type of man that you are more attractive than the females of your own culturedo, so be it.

The two prominant members of this board who I KNOW married asian women they met oversees are middle aged, financially secure, professional MEN. They are not metrosexual little boys that American women are so fond of. Therefore American women might find them boring, as they lack the chaos in their lives that American women are so fond of.

YMMV of course.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:06:21 PM EDT
I found the opposite, many Asian-American fathers would prefer their daughters date their same nationality.

But if not, they prefered white guys over different Asian males.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:12:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter:

anyone else noticed this? Seems like you see a high percentage of white military guys who date asian ladies. Are asian girls attracted by the uniform, i realize in many asian cultures military service is looked upon very favorably?

I have even had this happen to myself

One word.

Korea

It used to be 3 words............

Korea, Japan, Phillipines..................
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:24:16 PM EDT
My coworder lived in Japan for a few years. According to him (for what that's worth) the media protrays Caucasion features as being very desireable. He says that many, if not most, of prominant Japanese media types (movie stars, newscasters, etc) have some caucasion blood and caucasion physical characteristics.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:36:01 PM EDT
My first wife was born in Korea, stayed there until 15 then moved to Spain with her father.
I met her in Seoul when I was stationed there. We dated for 3 years then got married. She eventually came back to the states with me. Marriage lasted almost three years before we called it quits. We were both young and stupid. She now lives in MI and hasn't gotten remarried, we are still friends. She stayed in the states rather than returning overseas. I don't regret it at all. As an X-GF of mine says, "everyone should be married at least once".
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:37:34 PM EDT

riiiiight. that's it. It's never the guys fault. It's always "american women". Don't you think after another failed relationship after another failed relationship, that those types of "men" might figure out that THEY are the problem? And running to another race is NOT a cure?

whatever.

that answer illustrates the point he was making.

it has nothing to do with running to another race, it has everything to do with the cultural differences.

Most of the women in Argentina are caucasian (even if an 88 wouldn't consider them white) and you get a similar cultural difference in how they interact with their men and what they expect from a relationship.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:47:51 PM EDT
TB you are right also 5 years and citizenship....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:02:41 PM EDT
I recently ran into a guy I haven't seen since '76. He had been stationed in Korea and married a gal. I would go over to their apartment and study accounting. The first time, after about an hour, she came out with a huge tray covered with eats- little chunks of fruit carved into birds, etc. What a spread! I thought she was having some friends over so I suggested we move to another room to study. Wrong. It was our "snack." She also tried to teach me a Korean card game and I got a great recipe for kimchee. I don't know what the initial attraction was, but 30 years later they're still going strong.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:26:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dino:

whatever.

it has nothing to do with running to another race, it has everything to do with the cultural differences.

Most of the women in Argentina are caucasian (even if an 88 wouldn't consider them white) and you get a similar cultural difference in how they interact with their men and what they expect from a relationship.

I see your point, Dino. But AMERICA has created the American Woman. We didn't evolve from a clamshell. So it's a result of the American way of life, our culture HERE, our economy here, that makes us what and who we are.
And let's not lump all women into a category either, as I tried not to lump all men into a category. I wait on my boyfriend hand and foot, but he treats me well, not like a servant. I've seen the way Latino and other nationalities treat their women. Like common kitchen slaves.
I'll do the same thing they will any day and twice on Sunday, but treat me with respect, please.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:28:16 PM EDT
I can tell you this: Military service has NOT been looked upon favorably for generations by many asian cultures.

So, why do so many asian women go after white guys (military or not)?

IMHO:

-Asian women are under the mistaken impression that white men treat women better than asian men.

-White men are under the mistaken impression that asian women treat their men better than white women.

-It's an easy way out of their country and into a US passport.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:35:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dino:

whatever.

I see your point, Dino. But AMERICA has created the American Woman. We didn't evolve from a clamshell. So it's a result of the American way of life, our culture HERE, our economy here, that makes us what and who we are.
And let's not lump all women into a category either, as I tried not to lump all men into a category. I wait on my boyfriend hand and foot, but he treats me well, not like a servant. I've seen the way Latino and other nationalities treat their women. Like common kitchen slaves.
I'll do the same thing they will any day and twice on Sunday, but treat me with respect, please.

thats the reason for the attraction this way. American men treat women better than just about any other culture i've seen (again this is on average, it obviously doesn't apply 100% like your comments about men or my comments about women.

On average you're better off looking in another country for a girl like you. Its sad, but its also true. /shrug

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:36:59 PM EDT
True story:

I remember being stationed at MCAS Cherry Point N.C., there was a small creek with a bridge over it that led to enlisted base housing? Can't remember for sure. It was close to the P.T. field and running track. Anyways when I was P.T.'ing in the early morning during NCO school I saw a bunch of asian wives catching minnows in the creek and picking dandelion greens. For like a week I watched this and was vaguely curious as to what they were doing.

Then it hit me. Some red blooded American Fightin' Man was going to come home to fine dinner of fishheads rice and greens.

I've known plenty of guys with fine asian wives, and I've known plenty that were just a ticket to the big P.X. But I am glad I was in when the focus of our deployments were to desirable places. The thought of deploying to the middle east is depressing...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:37:04 PM EDT

Big fat +1 to that one.......
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:37:42 PM EDT
We are their ticket out of the oppressed shit hole in which they currently reside. Also American men generally do not practice FGM, Femal Genital Mutilation.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:39:39 PM EDT
Ha!.. Rots a ruck Chary. Me luv you long time.

Jynx
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:45:28 PM EDT
I grew up near a AFB base, saw many forgien wives. Almost all were great, except the 250lb. phillipino that was married to a 98lb. wimp. She would beat the crap out of him. She eventually went to jail for running a cat house out of his home in base housing, using several other G.I.'s wives.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:01:47 PM EDT

Hi, Daisy,

I don't think that was meant as a slam. I think it's more of a statement about feminism. It's been documented to some degree, but one of the things that's causing a lot of American men to seek wives in other countries is the whole feminism thing. Again, not a slam, but we've been pushed into gender-reversal or gender-confusion for a lot in this country. It's a big generalization, and it doesn't pertain to everyone, but it tends to be prevalent in our society.

This doesn't exist to the same degree in Asian or Eastern European cultures. That isn't to say that the women there are not urbane or cultured, by and large, they're very urbane and cultured, but it does mean that they tend to follow more of the traditional gender roles. A large percentage of men feel more comfortable in traditional gender roles.

I've been to Korea. I got "adopted" by a gal in Pusan for about a month. We were just friends, a platonic relationship. I could tell she wanted more, and if I'd thought I would have been there longer, or could have given here more, I might have pursued it, because she was one of the most feminine and kind people I ever met. It had a lot to do with her personality and how she saw the woman's and man's roles in life.

A lot of men find feminine women attractive, I guess is what I'm trying to say, and a lot of American women go out of their way not to be very feminine at all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:06:54 PM EDT
This thread needs pix dammitt!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top