Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2001 1:45:21 PM EDT
I am interested in getting started,any advice? I love the idea of shooting at people for fun.(legally of course)It doesn't seem to be to expensive to get started. I got a little bit of a taste last weekend and I thing I am hooked!  [0j]   [uzi]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Paintball is a lot of fun! Go with a group of people, then you can split the costs of paint.

I use a Spyder paintball gun, cheap and VERY easy to maintain. Also pretty good quality. You can get them for about $125 online. There are better markers out there, but the Spyder gets good reviews from all the players I know. Plus there are a crapload of aftermarket parts for it.

All you really need is a mask, some paintball carrier tubes, a bag for the tubes, and a gun.

Brass Eagle makes tubes that come with a nylon pouch. It's 2 200 round tubes. I've been using it for almost 4 years. Love it!!

Av.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Well the first thing you need to do is buy your own mask. Having a rented mask screams newbie. Try to play with different markers, see what works for you. All brass eagle stuff is crap, stay away from it with the exception of the 'rainmaker'. (It's not actauly BE but made by a company called pneuventuri for BE) I would recomend an Automag classic or Mini-Mag for a beginner, you can't make them not work. If you live in a colder climate I would also recomend you look into a compressed air system instead of CO2.

JT = best masks

Smarts Parts = Best Barrles

[rail]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top