Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/18/2001 4:39:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2001 4:37:13 PM EST by aggie_cox]
i know its not an AR, but i figured with the plethora of knowledge here i could get an answer. I have a hunting knife my grandfather gave me before he passed away. he found it in the woods somewhere. its pitted but its good steel and has a stag handle. on the hilt is the name: ANTONN VINGEN JR. SOLINGEN GERMANY anybody ever heard of it? how old is it? any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:00:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2001 5:58:01 PM EST by prk]
Don't know how old it is but Solingen is famous for high-quality knives, I think
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:06:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:08:39 PM EST
Why anyone would want to make a knife out of a tree is beyond me. radioman
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:26:16 PM EST
There is a magazines called knives (If I'm wrong out them please tell him what the name of it is)There are a lot of people in there that you can write or send a photo to and they will tell you about the knife like about how much it's worth and all of that. I wrote them once because I bought a Ka-bar for $30 and a week later all the black enamel came off it found out it was just black white out and a good painting job well I found all these making on it wrote a letter to this magazines and found out that the Jack-ass that ripped me off had done me a favor for this was one of the earliest made Ka-bars of WW2. Just write them they tell you if its worth something or not.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:26:21 PM EST
Also, try [url]bladeforums.com[/url] [red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:43:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2001 8:40:26 PM EST by M15A2]
Originally Posted By tayous1: There is a magazines called knives (If I'm wrong out them please tell him what the name of it is)There are a lot of people in there that you can write or send a photo to and they will tell you about the knife like about how much it's worth and all of that. I wrote them once because I bought a Ka-bar for $30 and a week later all the black enamel came off it found out it was just black white out and a good painting job well I found all these making on it wrote a letter to this magazines and found out that the Jack-ass that ripped me off had done me a favor for this was one of the earliest made Ka-bars of WW2. Just write them they tell you if its worth something or not.
View Quote
Did you tell him. I would have!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:34:33 AM EST
Aggie, post in the Bernard Levine forum at the following link. He is one of the best at appraisal and historical identification. [url]http://www.bladeforums.com/cgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&category=1[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 5:28:48 PM EST
thanks guys, this'll help out a lot. i didnt have any idea where any good knife forums were.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 11:21:56 PM EST
[url]knifeforums.com[/url]
Top Top