Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 2:43:37 PM EDT
So, I bring my dog to work every day.  I run equipment, backhoes, bulldozers, Brazillians, you know...

this morning Im backing down the access road with a bucket full of gravel, and hear my 6 yr old Lab Zoe yelp.
Shes been with me every day since she was 6 weeks old, with the exception of 7 months in Bosnia a few years back.
Im not sure what happened, shes always very aware, I think she was walking behind the machine, and just was a little too slow.
Anyway, my runner showed up right when it happened, so i put her the truck and sent her to the vet, shes Ok, just a big ass bruise, and a real close call.

the day got worse from there.
I dont know what the hell Id do without her.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
This better not turn into abunch of GIRLIE MEN telling cat stories.

DOgs are okay....but NO CATS

SGatr15

PS  Dogs are Democrates btw.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he means CATerpillar as in tractor Sarge.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This better not turn into abunch of GIRLIE MEN telling cat stories.

DOgs are okay....but NO CATS

SGatr15

PS  Dogs are Democrates btw.

And Cats are anarchists, that's why I love them so much,LOL.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
On the bright side, Dogs that got a smacking from vehicles tend to never go near them again.

We were blessed with a golden retriever that took a bumper-punch in the head and he never went near the road again.

Our new golden can't be let off the damn leash, nevertheless be trusted outside for a second.  

Consider yourself doubly-lucky

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I like dogs, not so much cats. I've had cats before and there's nothing like a cat getting behind your sofa and taking a piss. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Nothing smells worse than cat piss. Plus, cats are just kinda cold. I'll take dogs any day of the week.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess he couldn't hear the back-up alarm.
Nothing beats a CAT
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Right, the bu alarm was the first to go.

CAT is in fact a 420D backhoe

sorry for the confusion Sarge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top