Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 10:21:56 PM EDT
What the hell is it? A few times I swear I know whats gonna happen and it pretty much happens.
Is it real?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It means they changed something.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

But I didnt eat the  red/blue pill, sorry only saw the movie once. Forget what pill you need to take.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
That feeling like what you're presently experiencing is triggering a memory of the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
That feeling like what you're presently experiencing is triggering a memory of the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I didnt eat the  red/blue pill, sorry only saw the movie once. Forget what pill you need to take.

Just take them both and chase it with some Liqour.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:27:59 PM EDT
[#6]
deja vu?

It means that someone posted another topic on the assault weapons ban....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
happens all the time.  like the same conversation or events have happened before, or i've dreamed of the scenario.  strange.

the weirdest thing to happen to me recently was when i broke up with my ex, she told me of this dream she had the night before and i had the exact same dream.  i didn't tell her cuz i figured she would think that i was lying.  very odd though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
deja vu?

It means that someone posted another topic on the assault weapons ban....

Yep also was reading something about dreams and deja vu, but this post made me see if anyone here knew if it was real or just BS like shadow people. Looking for links if possible to articles.

Haven't had a dream in about 6 months and this is why I started trying to read what causes a dream.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Deja vu is more along the lines of a sense that you've been here before, ie you walk into a store, and it strikes you that you've been in that exact place before.

Premonition or precognitive dreams is seeing future events.  I can remember distinctly once as a child having a dream about playing with a toy truck of mine.  I played with it alot as it was, but probably a week later I realized I was in the exact spot in the house with the exact visual image I had from my dream.  I did not consciously set it up that way, maybe subconsciously, or who knows what else.  Nothing like thats happened to me again.

Alot of people report having this at some point in life.  Alot of these people are loons/new age/"psychic" type crazies.  I do however believe everything in the universe can be scientifically proven and explained in time (which is gonna take awhile at the rate we're going).  We currently don't know much about how this universe works, we have good theories though.

Hawkings recently came to the conclusion that we can predict future events using information emitted from black holes, which were previously thought by him to destroy all info.  (You professional physicists, or anyone with more than my 1 year high school/2 college physics correct me on this if I'm wrong, I just read it in an article on the internet so it must be true )
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Last time I had deja vu or precognitive dream was about 7-8 years ago.
I was at a Denny's  and I was with a few friends of mine.
We were having a conversation and it hit me all of sudden.
Everything was exactly the way I had "seen" it, only
I didn't know I had seen it until it happened.
It felt like I was very far away watching this conversation and
knowing I had seen it before. It was somewhat disconcerting.
There has to be something more than just some
subconscious will to set everything up to happen the way one wants it to.
There was NO FREAKING WAY I could have subconsciously
made my friends say the exact things they were saying
when I experienced it. I was too busy eating.
Wierd.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes stuff that happened in dreams of stuff I sit around and think happens later.  I remember thinking of it before hand, and also recall again when it happens.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
"Premonition or precognitive dreams is seeing future events. I can remember distinctly once as a child having a dream about playing with a toy truck of mine. I played with it alot as it was, but probably a week later I realized I was in the exact spot in the house with the exact visual image I had from my dream. I did not consciously set it up that way, maybe subconsciously, or who knows what else. Nothing like thats happened to me again."

This happens to me quite a bit, by that I mean at leat 2 times a month. I always thought it was normal?Is it not?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I haven't had that happen since I was a child, but the funny thing is that now it happens to my daughter (age 7) all the time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This happens to me quite a bit, by that I mean at leat 2 times a month. I always thought it was normal?Is it not?

The subject came up one time on a poker night (so take it with a grain of salt ), and all of my friends admitted having this happen at least once that they can remember in their lives.

I looked into it all once a few years ago.  Some people think children are more "attuned" to this happening, kind of like the belief that some are more attuned to seeing ghosts and what not.

You can find good information on the internet about it, you just have to wade through alot of new age psychic hippy junk.

I would imagine alot of people don't share their experience with it for being labeled an idiot or insane.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#15]
......50 beautiful women........................and 3 ugly ones
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The subject came up one time on a poker night (so take it with a grain of salt ), and all of my friends admitted having this happen at least once that they can remember in their lives.

I looked into it all once a few years ago.  Some people think children are more "attuned" to this happening, kind of like the belief that some are more attuned to seeing ghosts and what not.

You can find good information on the internet about it, you just have to wade through alot of new age psychic hippy junk.

I would imagine alot of people don't share their experience with it for being labeled an idiot or insane.

I never really talked about it except with the wife, for the reason I always thought it was a normal thing. Now you got me intersted, I'm gonna have to see if I'm some sort of Pshycho Hippie Freak!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Here we go again  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm pretty sure a Deja Vu is from a past dream.  I have deja vu at least once a week, and only once have I been able to link it to a dream, and that was fairly recently.  I have a number of more specific precognitive dreams.  Maybe 4 or 5 a year.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:41:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:42:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:48:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I have premonitions,  precognitive dreams, and deja vu often. Doesn't really freak me out but I really  find it off and interesting.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Okay I am not the best with words, as alot have noticed from my post.
But could deja vu be, you dream so often but rarely remeber dreaming that every now and then by chance something you dreamed about happens in real life and sparks deja vu feeling? Not sure if I made any sense and just instead rambled
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Here we go again  

Where are we going?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#24]
... What?

... Are you like, 16?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:07:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Glitch in the Matrix
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh, jeez!  Not this again....

The real question is "Can you have deja vu and amnesia at the same time?"

My theory:  When you go to sleep, your consciousness (being electromagnetic energy) leaves your body and goes travelling.  Okay, the physical body is bound by linear time, while the electromagnetic is bound by quantum physics where time is not linear.  Therefore, the consciousness can travel "ahead" in time, and then return to your body along with the memory of the experience you are yet to have.

A week or so later, when your body catches up on the linear time plane, the experience your consciousness already had is registered as deja vu.

Just my opinion,

uxb
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I think subliminal dreams and deja vu are related also.  

Didn't you guys see South Park last night?  Espisode "Cancelled"?  Deals with deja vu.  It should explain everything.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top