Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 10:03:26 AM EDT
I had the cable guys come to bury some cables that were strung all over my back yard.  I offered water, coffee, soda, then beer.  They finished the job and put the 6 beers I put out in their pockets and left.  I hope I made their day!!  I used to do apartment matenance and got lots of free beer and a couple of dinners. Do you guys give workers stuff?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:09:33 AM EDT
Most workers I know won't take stuff... They are advised not to take stuff, some people have a real problem with the utility companies.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:11:28 AM EDT
A couple of years ago we had a major ice storm, and crews from St. Louis came to restore our power in Overland Park. They were actually out there working during the Rams/Patriot Super Bowl. I offered to let them come in and watch the game, but they were all humpin' to get the work done. I made sure that they had plenty of hot and cold drinks, and that if they needed anything, just ask.

Oh, yeah. My Dad was a lineman for Kansas City Power & Light for >20 years, so I have a soft spot in my heart for utility workers.
Top Top