Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:41:00 AM EDT
I'm using 2004 and having a problem finding special dimenson characters, if you know of a website or can point me in the right direction to find them, I'd appreciate it. (I looked for about 1/2 hour this morning to no avail)

most deal with machining (~) but the one I need the most is the one that looks like a downward pointing arrow with a T at the top.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:53:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2005 5:02:16 AM EDT by numbers]
hmmmm....I'd like to help you but I'm running Mechanical 6. I believe the feature you are asking for is "Datum & Feature identifier" ? I had to change my "Mechanical options" to DIN Standard as the feature was not supported by ANSI standard.


does this help?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:04:33 AM EDT
I don't know about 2k4 but in 2k2 what you need to do is open the dimension tool bar.
on the right hand side of that menu is a "dim" icon with a magnifying glass. click it and
from the popup menu click modify.
select the tab that says lines and arrows.
on the right hand side under arrow heads click what you want.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2005 2:41:54 PM EDT by RED_5]
nonono, a Charcter, like the diameter symbol ( ø )or plus/minus ( ± ) but the one I'm looking for is the downward pointing arrow with a bar across the top, which is about the same size as those characters.

I know how to get to arrows and such, it's the special characters for the dimensioning TEXT that I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:42:44 PM EDT
Shoot, I used to know how to do this! I think its in the modify dimension window. (I haven't used AutoCAD for a year )
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:20:51 PM EDT
I found what I was looking for.. when dtext/mtext/ddedit select font GDT, its on the bottom row... knowing what it was, helped me.. it's called the DEPTH symbol.
Top Top