Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 4:41:00 AM EDT
I'm using 2004 and having a problem finding special dimenson characters, if you know of a website or can point me in the right direction to find them, I'd appreciate it.  (I looked for about 1/2 hour this morning to no avail)

most deal with machining (~) but the one I need the most is the one that looks like a downward pointing arrow with a T at the top.

tnx
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#1]
hmmmm....I'd like to help you but I'm running Mechanical 6.  I believe the feature you are asking for is "Datum & Feature identifier" ?  I had to change my "Mechanical options" to DIN Standard as the feature was not supported by ANSI standard.

ASSIST
MECHANICAL OPTIONS
STANDARDS

does this help?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about 2k4 but in 2k2 what you need to do is open the dimension tool bar.
on the right hand side of that menu is a "dim" icon with a magnifying glass. click it and
from the popup menu click modify.
select  the tab that says lines and arrows.
on the right hand side under arrow heads click what you want.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#3]
nonono, a Charcter, like the diameter symbol ( ø )or plus/minus ( ± )  but the one I'm looking for is the downward pointing arrow with a bar across the top, which is about the same size as those characters.

I know how to get to arrows and such, it's the special characters for the dimensioning TEXT that I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoot, I used to know how to do this! I think its in the modify dimension window. (I haven't used AutoCAD for a year )
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I found what I was looking for.. when dtext/mtext/ddedit  select font GDT, its on the bottom row... knowing what it was, helped me.. it's called the DEPTH  symbol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top