Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2006 8:42:12 AM EDT
I am no expert,  I am drawing a floorplan. Going pretty smooth, but how do I adjust the size of the text when i do a dimension?  I have tried "textsize", but that did nothing.

I am sure I will have more questions as the day progresses.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2006 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#1]
(AutoCAD 2004) DDIM > Modify > Click the "Text" tab, look for the "Text Height" box.
Link Posted: 9/16/2006 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
(AutoCAD 2004) DDIM > Modify > Click the "Text" tab, look for the "Text Height" box.

Oh wow, what a world of difference.  Thanks.  I kept having to zoom in to see the size of something.  It was set at like 1/16 or 3/16 I can't remember.
Link Posted: 9/16/2006 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh wow, what a world of difference.  Thanks.  I kept having to zoom in to see the size of something.  It was set at like 1/16 or 3/16 I can't remember.
I would presume that the root of the issue is that your "DIMSCALE" is set to 1, which is inappropriate for your purpose. If you're drawing a flor plan of a house, it's probably 1/4"=1'-0" scale. Your DIMASCALE should be 48 (12/0.25). With the DIMSCALE set properly, you can reset the Text height to 1/8", and the arrow size to 3/32" and so forth.

<--- Held captive by the AutoDesk Taliban for 21 years. I wish they'd just cut my fucking head off already.
Link Posted: 9/17/2006 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
All done, any achitects or contractors willing to give it a once over and tell me if there is enough information for my foundation/framer to go forward and select the right materials, place the footings in the right location for lower level load bearing walls, etc......

It is in Auto CAD format (DWG).

My dad and I will be doing most of the drywall,finishing work,electical,plumbing,etc.. So I am mostly concerned with the framing portion.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, I have another question.  I am laying out how I am going to do the tile work and I drew all the outlines.  Is there a way I can make these one object so I can move it around without having to select all the lines.  I thought it was possible, but I can't figure it out.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Make'em all a Polyline by using the PEDIT command.....or better yet, just use the Hatch option to draw your tile.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Make'em all a Polyline by using the PEDIT command.....or better yet, just use the Hatch option to draw your tile.

How can I create a hatch pattern that is a 13" square with a 1/4" spacing between them?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OK, I have another question.  I am laying out how I am going to do the tile work and I drew all the outlines.  Is there a way I can make these one object so I can move it around without having to select all the lines.  I thought it was possible, but I can't figure it out.

Anyone?

If you have them already drawn,  turn the tiles into a block by using the BLOCK command.  This will make all the lines you drew into one entity.  Use REFEDIT to modify the block if you move it or something and you need to extend or trim lines.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Set a different layer and type "bpoly" and pick inside the lines you want to do a boundary around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top