deleted
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#2]
All in good fun LT. (even if it is at your expense.) [:)]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Well hurry up and fine-tune that southerner accent.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
All in good fun LT. (even if it is at your expense.) [:)]
View Quote

I've hit an all time low lately. Long story. Best told over a bottle of Tequilla.
View Quote

Don't tell me that the girl I sent you to on Harry Hines turned you down? Did you offer her more than $20? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Women in Texas respond to the same thing that women all over the world respond to.  Money.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I've hit an all time low lately. Long story. Best told over a bottle of Tequilla.
View Quote

Oh, please tell!

I'll give you a story for free.  Last week I was in my great-nephew's office, and a girl about his age knocked on the door to hand a package to him that UPS had left next door with her.  After thanking her, he asked if she would be interested in maybe going to lunch one day.  She cackled then abruptly stopped and asked if he was serious.  If she had just said no, it would have been bad enough.  She laughed uncontrollably at the question thinking it was a joke.  It was just lunch with someone that works in an office next to her.  I guess that bad experience was my fault.  About a week before that, I had given him a hardtime about his lack of social life.

lordtrader, your story couldn't be much worse.  Well, if it is, you have my (and probably many of the other members on the board) sympathy.z
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Use this line..."Hey, your mother looks pretty nice tonight, she busy?"
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll give you a story for free.  Last week I was in my great-nephew's office, and a girl about his age knocked on the door to hand a package to him that UPS had left next door with her.  After thanking her, he asked if she would be interested in maybe going to lunch one day.  She cackled[red] then abruptly stopped and asked if he was serious.[/red]  
View Quote

At this point you make a "bitter beer face", yell out, "hell no I'm not serious....I was only being polite" and then slam the door in her face.

Then you go around the office telling the rest of the guys you banged her [;)]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd wager it's not the best time to make fun of LT. He's got enough on his plate.

Disclaimer- I'm just one opinion, but what he's going through is harsh. Up to you whether you want to joke about it, at this time, anyhow.

J.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:08:44 AM EDT
[#12]
LT, didn't mean to cause a social error or rub salt in the wound.
Hope it gets better.
Since I still remember the 7 shots of tequila from our Christmas party, that doesn't sound too good, but I'll drive and you could be the designated drunk. Shark
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you considered not wearing that Valtrex baseball cap all the time?

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Guess we could file this under 'it's not so bad'.....this is the story that proves that there is 'No Love For Frank'.

It's around 1997, or maybe 1998. It was my first year having transferred to a new college, and it's mid term exam time. I had just gotten my ass kicked in a few of them, and my friend had the typical shitty day at work (and when is working on Wall St. as a techie NOT a shitty day at work?). It's around 3am, and we need a beer. Problem is, round these parts liquour stores close around 9 or 10pm, and bars aren't open past 2am.....so we drove around and found the one place left open that would serve beer: Stevie T's.

Now, Stevie T's is your typical 'gentlemans club', but is a bit on the small side. We go in, sit at the bar, and order some Guinness, and begin to shoot the shit about our week. During the discourse, one of the dancers hear me utter the phrase 'No Love For Frank' (around here, it's an institution...like death and taxes). She came over, told us that she heard the phrase, and wondered what it meant (the way we say it, it sounds like the institution). So it was explained. Either out of pity, sadness, or a desire for greenbacks in the G string, she steps back and begins dancing. She said something about it 'making me feel better'. I should have known.

Keep in mind that I am a guy. Not only that, but I am like Mr. Glass from Unbreakable. For every great wooer of women out there, there exists me on the opposite end of the scale. So I do exactly what a guy in that situation does in this situation. I look. When she shakes her chest, I look. When she does a pelvic thrust, I look. When she begins to inch down the G-string, I look. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong....lo and behold, her hands drop the string like it was on fire, she lights me with a rather cold and malevolent stare, and says:

"See. That's why you get no love. Your friend here was looking at my eyes, but YOU were just staring at my snatch."
View Quote

(Yes, it's an exact quote. Lines like that pretty much get burned into the brain permanently.) Upon delivering this line in her best Kathleen Turner from The War of the Roses impression, she stalks off. It was, upon further reflection, truly one of the most Rodney Dangerfieldian experienses I have ever witnessed, much less been a party to. One of the very few times I've been left speechless.

So, LT, cheer up....I can't even get any respect in a strip club...
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I [sarcasm on] love [/sarcasm off] it when women flirt with you excessively, throwing around sexual innuendo where if we said the same tings to them would be deemed "sexual harassment". Then they'll brush up against you, bend over when they know you're looking. I had a girl pull up her already short skirt and straighten the tops of her stockings right in front of me. Stockings, not panty hose, who wears those for real anymore. I wanted her in the worst way. I mean they just throw it at you. Then when you finally muster the courage to ask her out she tells you she just wants to be friends. Ever get that Lord Trader?

I think I'm going to go buy myself a wedding band and wear it all the time. All my married friends get hit on all the time, by HOT chicks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#16]
LT, you might wanna try a change in tactics.
For some odd reason you get hit on way harder (and I'm talking "can't shake'em off with a stick" harder) by the girlies when you're already in female, preferably multiple and pretty female, company. Mine isn't the station to speculate why, but as long as it works, I don't care.
So, whenever you hear that infamous line "Let's just be friends.", don't despair, use it, make the best of it. Be friends, on a buddy basis, with them and keep your fingers off them for the time being. They'll think you're cute (well, a face that's not actively riddled with peperoni-like scars wouldn't hurt) and such a nice and fun person to have around...and once you're strutting through the bars with a throng of nubile amazons in your wake, you've got it made, man.

(What was that noise? Oh, I think Dear sodding Abby just shot herself. Very well.)
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like you need...
[url]http://www.speed-seduction.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#18]
well... let's just see

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=426[/url]

TRG
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Where is Imbro ? ...he must be getting sum* to not chime in on this thread.[;)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#20]
LT, I know a chic at my work that needs/wants some lovin'.  I have to bow out as I'm married.  Or I could refer you to my wife's friend who is also, well you know.  I have this married thing that prohibits me from exploring these turbid waters but hey I'm all for helping another out when ever I can!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#21]
LT,
I think its time to come back home...Get some chicken adobo to ease the pain

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought a cheap wedding band in Korea and used it until I got married whenever I wanted to bar hop and hook up for a short time.
That thing works like a charm.

Just an idea.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Deleted? WTF?!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Deleted? WTF?!
View Quote

Please note that the deleted post was deleted by the original poster, out of the sheer kindness and goodness of his heart, and not by any moderator.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top