Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 4:48:59 AM EDT
Should the federal ban on assault weapons be...

Lifted               25%      48466 votes

Extended         75%     146752 votes

Total: 195218 votes

We're getting beat up badly here folks - hit this poll HARD. Also Post anywhere you can to bump the numbers to where they should be! (I've hit Pink Pistols National & Ohio ... Here and Glock Talk - and OFCC has it...)

www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/05/09/gun.control.rally.ap/index.html
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:51:46 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTL    The poll is rigged.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:08:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Not another O'Lawdy.  Im agreeing its rigged.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:15:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen similar polls that went the other way. Something just doesn't seem right with this poll, may be rigged or maybe more left wing types hang out at this site and have voted. Either way it doesn't effect the law, the AWB will sunset in Sept., we'll get a small part of our firearm Rights back and life will go on, same ol' same ol'.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay, PERHAPS it's "rigged" - HOWEVER, I believe the more likely scenario is that someone at CNN let certain anti-gun types know in advance of the poll THAT it was going up in the first place!

Just `cause you THINK it's rigged, `cause it's CNN is NOT a good excuse to NOT go and put in YOUR $.02.

Besides, if it's CLOSER to a 50/50 vote, MAYBE we can get a few Dems who are fence sitters to be on OUR side. AND the harder we hit it, the more likely attitudes will change - not of the diehards, but few folks are actually die hards.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#5]
dupe thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top