Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 2:52:50 AM EDT
So I work at a jail as a Detention Officer. When I got off duty yesterday I had taken off my vest and while visiting with some coworkers I accidently left my vest in a secure area accessible to employees.  I came to work today to find an email of my vest  being worn as a diaper by one of our trustees. I guess I was owned.

Edited to remove photo and clarify: the email was done by a coworker and not the inmate. Our state prohibits inmates from having internet access. I have worked in this position for 4 years and am not a noob. The prank was done by a respected coworker who is very contientious about officer safety and asked the trustee to model the vest. I understand the humor but a line was crossed that shouldn't  have been.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice.
So very owned,
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
red x
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:24:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The red X comes and goes. I'm using imagestation. Any advice??
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#4]
You did throw him in solitary, right?
At least he's still got his shorts on...

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:38:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Never, and I mean never ever ,  joke around  with the inmates. JMO

Bad form that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:47:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, you've been owned.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:49:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bad form that.

+1

Looks like somebody is way too friendly with the inmates. and WTF is a "trustee" you cant trust a convicted criminal.

A couple people need an ass kicking, starting with the guy who took the picture and the inmate wearing your vest. That or you need a new line of work becuase its obvious the inmates neither fear nor respect you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I think that is comparable to the Abu whatever prison photos.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn, serious ownage.

As others have mentioned, A Trustee is an "Inmate Worker" is STILL an Inmate. It's obvious that staff at your facility are way too friendly with their inmates.

So much for the security at your facility! Walk up to the inmate with a huge grin on your face and say "My turn" and roll the fucker up to the pumpkin patch. Make an example out of him. I'm guessing your fellow staff won't find it so funny when you've rolled up their favorite pet idiot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#10]
red x for me
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#11]
owned
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#12]
+1000.

Quoted:
Damn, serious ownage.

As others have mentioned, A Trustee is an "Inmate Worker" is STILL an Inmate. It's obvious that staff at your facility are way too friendly with their inmates.

So much for the security at your facility! Walk up to the inmate with a huge grin on your face and say "My turn" and roll the fucker up to the pumpkin patch. Make an example out of him. I'm guessing your fellow staff won't find it so funny when you've rolled up their favorite pet idiot.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad form that.

+1

Looks like somebody is way too friendly with the inmates. and WTF is a "trustee" you cant trust a convicted criminal.

A couple people need an ass kicking, starting with the guy who took the picture and the inmate wearing your vest. That or you need a new line of work becuase its obvious the inmates neither fear nor respect you.

I do not think I would use the word fear -- it is just that this type of thing breeds familiarity. A bad thing to have when your in charge of inmates.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Definitely.  You shouldn't be an asshole unless the situation calls for it - if you start out as an asshole you're doing nothing but limiting your escalation options.  But on the other hand, you're fucking up big-time if an inmate sees you as a buddy.  I'd kick the ass of the shitheads who initiated this prank - the inmate less so, because they're going to take whatever slack the shithead coworkers give them.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not think I would use the word fear -- it is just that this type of thing breeds familiarity. A bad thing to have when your in charge of inmates.

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/141064/f6900dcb.jpg

I agree.  It's quite obvious some of the people posting here have never worked as a CO. If you think doing the job requires you to be a hard ass the whole time your at work..then you would be wrong. Possibly dead wrong.
I don't trust any inmates and never will, but there is a big difference between trusting them and having a "working relationship" with them.
Inmates will respect you if you treat them fair and don't pull any bullshit on them.
ralfus..If I was you I would get rid of that pic in this thread!

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I see eye to eye with Stryker and Quietshootr on this one . I've never had issues with handling inmates while being professional and new hard-assed DO's usually get spoken to by coworkers to stop the kickstarting. This prank would have been great if it was an employee wearing the vest as a diaper but to involve the trustee is what crossed the line. The trustee didn't instigate this at all. He is a kid working off his fines for a few weeks and was used. The population at our satellite facility was 9 inmates when this took place. I'm on vacation now for 2 weeks and the coworker will probably see this thread before I get a chance to talk to him.  I did speak with the inmate and reminded him that I can have his 2 for 1 credit time revoked.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#18]
You got WTFPNW3D
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
... The trustee didn't instigate this at all. He is a kid working off his fines for a few weeks and was used. ....
I did speak with the inmate and reminded him that I can have his 2 for 1 credit time revoked.

I don't understand these two thoughts.  The first shows that you know who messed with you and that you understand that the inmate-kid was used (imtimiated ?) into doing this.  The second sounds like you don't have the balls to take it up with your coworker/supervisor/human resources department.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#20]

I don't understand these two thoughts.  The first shows that you know who messed with you and that you understand that the inmate-kid was used (imtimiated ?) into doing this.  The second sounds like you don't have the balls to take it up with your coworker/supervisor/human resources department.

I do not see the need to call out the dogs of war ---
it was a learning expierence.....

It is over, or should be.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Messing with the customers will bring nothing but grief in the end.  Your partner could would lose his job in my county.   We had a similar prank involving a donut eaten by an officer, and a previous polaroid of the donut given to the officer about 10 mins later.   Two deputies lost their jobs and an inmate got a nice settlement.

I wouldn't sweat the trustee, but I would talk to your partner.  

Um, last but not least, I love a good joke as much as the next guy, but watch what you share in a public forum.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top