Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 8/30/2015 10:38:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2015 10:42:36 AM EDT by pdg45acp]
My guess is that delanceyplace.com got hacked, I just signed up for it last night with one of my knock around google accounts.

Even if they had the PW google would still have sent my phone a text with the access code

Also, the fact that google tracks where I log in from and what devices I use saved the day too.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:22:02 PM EDT
I think MFA is a good thing.  I use it, whenever it's an option.  We use it at work, as well.

It's not "hack-proof," by any means, but it's a step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:37:36 PM EDT
I was using Google Authenticator for my personal (non-work) accounts and services.

But since we use Duo Security MFA at work, I finally got around to creating a Duo Security personal account and have since switched to using Duo. Granted, for Google I'm still forced to use Google TOTP, I use the Duo Security mobile app to handle TOTP generation instead of Google Authenticator.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:42:56 PM EDT
I like it, in theory.  In practice, as an American who lives and deploys overseas, it's a huge pain in my ass.  They won't allow foreign phone numbers, even if it's my "home" phone, and I'm not always in a country I can use my phone in.  When I was a plain old vanilla living and working in 'merica dude it works fine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:09:37 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chairborne:
I like it, in theory.  In practice, as an American who lives and deploys overseas, it's a huge pain in my ass.  They won't allow foreign phone numbers, even if it's my "home" phone, and I'm not always in a country I can use my phone in.  When I was a plain old vanilla living and working in 'merica dude it works fine.
View Quote

You don't have to use a phone. Use a Yubikey. I have one as a backup in the event I lose my phone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:30:35 PM EDT
I use it for google, hotmail and yahoo, works great
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:44:17 PM EDT
Top Top